Landis goes Postal

This just about sums up the Armstrong haters. Less balls than Armstrong and no spine to back it up either....

The seven-time Tour de France winner had an unpleasant encounter with a spectator after the stage. “Liar, cheater,” the spectator shouted. “Come here and say that right in my face,” Armstrong responded. The spectator did not accept the challenge, and disappeared.

Probably went home to mommy.

Armstrong Pleased With Luxembourg Podium Placing | Cyclingnews.com

Uh-oh. The preliminary look into the FLandis allegations has led to a federal prosecutor being appointed to lead the investigation of the Postal team. As soon as he begins asking questions to ex-team members, it's game over, man. Game over. None of these guys will risk being prosecuted for lying to a federal agent in order to protect Armstrong.

Bro Deal said:
Uh-oh. The preliminary look into the FLandis allegations has led to a federal prosecutor being appointed to lead the investigation of the Postal team. As soon as he begins asking questions to ex-team members, it's game over, man. Game over. None of these guys will risk being prosecuted for lying to a federal agent in order to protect Armstrong.

Interesting update :)

I haven't checked, has anyone posted a list of ex-team mates who have since tested positive or have a dodgy past? I imagine it'd be quite a list by now!

Bro Deal said:
I'm not sure if they'll tell everything they know.
Armstrong will try to keep them quiet, that's sure, and there they could find mutual interest. Someone of them could even see this as a chance and offer a deal to Armstrong. I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't know if Heras could be target of federal prosecution, but he has gone to Mongolia... Safe distance.

Andrija said:
I don't know if Heras could be target of federal prosecution, but he has gone to Mongolia... Safe distance.

What is he doing over there? :confused:

Andrija said:
I'm not sure if they'll tell everything they know.
Armstrong will try to keep them quiet, that's sure, and there they could find mutual interest. Someone of them could even see this as a chance and offer a deal to Armstrong. I wouldn't be surprised.

If Armstrong is talking to his ex-teammates then he is a fool. It would be very easy to stumble into a witness tampering charge.

Riders like Heras are not needed. There are more than enough American ex-Postal riders. Vaughters and Andreu gave enough info in their Internet chat session that they would be easy to question. Vaughters has the added problem that he has all but admitted that he was doping on the Postal team in numerous interviews and self-penned magazine articles. Then there is Zabriskie, Livingston, Danielson, Vande Velde, Jemison, Hamilton, Leipheimer, etc. Some of these guys will roll, and that will bring the house of cards down.

In the U.S. federal police are treated differently than regular police. It is a crime to lie to a federal investigator. It is pretty common for people to go to prison for lying to the feds even though the feds cannot or do not prosecute the original crime. Any rider who decides to shade the truth to protect Armstrong is an idiot.

Bro Deal said:
In the U.S. federal police are treated differently than regular police. It is a crime to lie to a federal investigator. It is pretty common for people to go to prison for lying to the feds even though the feds cannot or do not prosecute the original crime. Any rider who decides to shade the truth to protect Armstrong is an idiot.

That adds an interesting twist, I wonder is RS's tour start will be at risk soon :rolleyes: some more fuel for the fire

cyclingnews.com said:
French investigate Caisse d'Epargne over Tour syringes
In the investigation of several "suspect" syringes traced back to the Astana team at the 2009 Tour de France, prosecutors have extended its examinations to the Caisse d'Epargne team, French daily L'Equipe reported on Thursday.

According to the paper, authorities seized a number of insuline syringes at the Tour at the end of July last year, that belonged to the Caisse d'Epargne team and had been deposited in the official waste bins provided by the race organisers.

French Investigate Caisse D'Epargne Over Tour Syringes | Cyclingnews.com

Bro Deal said:
If Armstrong is talking to his ex-teammates then he is a fool. It would be very easy to stumble into a witness tampering charge.

Riders like Heras are not needed. There are more than enough American ex-Postal riders. Vaughters and Andreu gave enough info in their Internet chat session that they would be easy to question. Vaughters has the added problem that he has all but admitted that he was doping on the Postal team in numerous interviews and self-penned magazine articles. Then there is Zabriskie, Livingston, Danielson, Vande Velde, Jemison, Hamilton, Leipheimer, etc. Some of these guys will roll, and that will bring the house of cards down.

Yes. This time Armstrong could find himself in serious trouble. Retired riders could lose more by protecting Armstrong than they could gain. Active riders could hesitate to tell the truth (since they could be fined and become unwelcome in top teams), but faced to retired riders' testimony, they could choose lesser harm.

My opinion is that the worst that will happen to Armstrong is that he will go back into retirement.Americans are ignnorant of pro cycling for the most part and only catch the high lite of news blurbs.
Unlike Ullrich who has had the German media hound him even in retirement. I just don't see this happening here and witnesses tend tp forget details when questioned. "I don't recall" is used more often than not on a witness stand.
Of course I am too just guessing without a lot of information.

No wonder the french don't like this guy :eek:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXAleHsmgEg]YouTube - Nike - Lance Armstrong "Circus Elephant" ad[/ame]

steve said:

Less said about the veterinary applications of EPO / CERA the better :D

Personally, I don't want LA to be consigned to Federal Penitentiary for x number of years. I think it'd be catastophic for cycling. Whilst it might show the young guys coming up that no one is 'untouchable' & many might feel 'justice' has been done it would probably have the effect of driving many sponsors away from the sport - that means less races, teams etc.

We've all known LA has been dirty for years but he's a symptom rather than the cause of the rot in cycling. To my mind being LA is his crime & also his punishment He's going to have to live a 'lie' for the rest of his life & I think the whole deception has permamently damaged his personality. He's clearly paranoid, angry & doubt whether his success has brought him any happiness.

What is needed is a sea change whereby people like LA & his ilk are simply not tolerated in cycling. This should have happened 12 years ago.

Bro Deal said:

Isn't it ironic that the man who wrapped himself in the US flag during his triumphalist BS parody 1999-2005 in France, is slowly being undone by the US authorities?

limerickman said:
Isn't it ironic that the man who wrapped himself in the US flag during his triumphalist BS parody 1999-2005 in France, is slowly being undone by the US authorities?

What US authorities would that be exactly?

Yojimbo_ said:

I agree with this sentiment. Until something actually happens to 'Teflon Johnny', he's still the 7-time champ who's never tested positive:rolleyes:...

Yojimbo_ said:

Investigators for the FDA are investigating Armstrong and Bruyneel for conspiracy to defraud the U.S. Postal service during a multi-year scheme that falls within the RICO laws. A prosecutor has been appointed to handle the case.

French investigators are investigating illegal infusion kits found in Team Astana's garbage at last year's TdF. Seven different DNA profiles were found on the kits, and at that point in the race there were only eight Astana riders left in the race. Of those eight riders, all but Contador went to Radio Shack.

Bro Deal said:
Investigators for the FDA are investigating Armstrong and Bruyneel for conspiracy to defraud the U.S. Postal service during a multi-year scheme that falls within the RICO laws. A prosecutor has been appointed to handle the case.

French investigators are investigating illegal infusion kits found in Team Astana's garbage at last year's TdF. Seven different DNA profiles were found on the kits, and at that point in the race there were only eight Astana riders left in the race. Of those eight riders, all but Contador went to Radio Shack.

Who says? All I've seen is newspaper articles and blogs saying this - show me an official statement from a US government agency and then I might believe you. Until then, it's all innuendo.

Yojimbo_ said:
Who says? All I've seen is newspaper articles and blogs saying this - show me an official statement from a US government agency and then I might believe you. Until then, it's all innuendo.

ostrich-large.jpg