Ok girls - just how many of us are there here?

Girlz!

I just joined cyclingforums today. I'm 26 years old, I live in Amsterdam. I bought my first (race) bike 5 years ago (ofcourse I always owned a "normal" bike like everybody in The Netherlands does), and have been hooked since. After doing a variety of other sports (ballet and gymnastics as a kid, later on fieldhockey and rowing in university) cycling now really is "my thing". I try to ride as much as possible but since I am a lawyer I never have enough time :( during the week. Trying to make up for it during the weekends as I am sure most of you have to do. This weekend will be hell: this night a big newyearseve party (can't stay of the champagne) forecasts are really bad and I have commited to ride with my very competitive brother AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

21 yrs old finally!

I'm in the booring relaxation period between mountain bike race seasons. Just the commutes and whatever nowdays.

Hi, I'm 48. I started biking two years ago, when my youngest went away to college. Started out on an old huffy, went to a Giant Cypress Hybrid. Then started doing organized rides and add a Trek 1000C. After 8 months I discovered it was to big, so I traded up to a 2100WSD(wonderful bike). I ride 3-4 times a week. Giant 12 miles around neighborhoods. Trek a couple of times on weekends about 30-40 miles. I live in southeast Texas where riding year round is an option.

I am envious of ConnieBiker for reaching that magical #21, but in two months I'll be there too, so I shall not waste too much effort fretting over this...
Two months ago I bought myself a Lemond Reno (women's version) and seem to have been bitten by the 'bug'. I cannot get enough of this cycling stuff! I ride everyday, working through the armstrong/carmichael Seven Week Success program, but I find it nearly impossible to take the 1 day off/week. I know that resting and recovering is important, but crikeys, we're talking addiction here!
I am going to ride the Seattle To Portland ride with my former coworkers from Portland Lifeflight, and some of my airline pilot friends. Would love to do some local racing here in Idaho, but to be honest I am quite bewildered, intimidated, and don't know where to begin.
So if any of you girls live around Boise, well drop me an email because I would LOVE to have some riding buddies.
Cheers!
Sarah

Hello, thought I'd introduce myself here. I'm 29, from Scotland and I've been cycling on and off for years, basically touring. I've just got a road bike and I can't stay off the thing. I've got a dodgy back just now too, so I'm really having to reign myself in. I want to eventually work up to racing.

Happy cycling, girls :)

Hi, Will introduce myself here too... Am 29, city living in the UK and pretty much a newbie at cycling after a few summers short commutes to work. I'm looking to get into some longer distance stuff now and really enjoying being out on the bike, sadly plan for new bike shopping and seaside ride at the weekend kaiboshed by recent bail - curses! Bruised knees, bent bike, V wounded pride:eek: Finding the forum fab inspiration & source of info.

Take care all - good cycling...

This is my first post, so bear with me if I do it wrong!
I'm 37, live in North Norfolk, UK. I have 3 children so (funny enough!) most of my cycling worries relate to how to transport the 3 little ones with me.

Right now am trying to figure out the crank shorteners that came with our childback tandem....-Julii

Welcome to cycling forums, Julii :)

zebra said:
This is my first post, so bear with me if I do it wrong!
I'm 37, live in North Norfolk, UK. I have 3 children so (funny enough!) most of my cycling worries relate to how to transport the 3 little ones with me.

Right now am trying to figure out the crank shorteners that came with our childback tandem....-Julii

Hi Everyone! I am just getting into cycling. I went to purchase my first race bike yesterday, i am so excited. I live in Lakeland, FL (between Tampa and Orlando) I have played semi-pro fast pitch ball for the last couple of years, but now i want to move on and try some other competitive sports. I have been running in some 10k's and enjoying that, so my ultimate goal is to start doing some tri's.

Hi girls! I live in Sydney, am 20 and have only been cycling for a year but am loving every minute of it and can't remember and don't want to even imagine what life was like/would be like without my gorgeous baby (yes, I'm referring to my bike)!

Phuong L said:
Hi girls! I live in Sydney, am 20 and have only been cycling for a year but am loving every minute of it and can't remember and don't want to even imagine what life was like/would be like without my gorgeous baby (yes, I'm referring to my bike)!
I've been wondering the very same. I live in Smithtown, NY on Long Island. I'm in the suburbs where it's very cycle friendly and you don't have to worry about dodging cars as you do in Manhattan. I rarely see another cyclist though. When I do, it's a man. It took me about 6 months before I was able to find clipless pedals for my road bike and shoes I could try on before purchase. I've sent out threads as I want to buddy up with some people and go for a ride but haven't gotten a response. I'm getting tired of just cycling for miles in my own neighborhood and would really enjoy some company to take a long ride in new territory now that I've got the stamina.

Hi - new to this forum:) 38, Adelaide Sth Australia. Ride Trek 4100. Usually ride around with 2 kids (2 & 4) in bike trailer, panniers, and do local stuff (school runs with older two (10 & 12) on their bikes, shopping etc).

Did first mountain bike ride proper on weekend with a girlfriend who said I'd love it - and I did! Of course, now - ow ow ow ow ow!;)

romana said:
Hi - new to this forum:) 38, Adelaide Sth Australia. Ride Trek 4100. Usually ride around with 2 kids (2 & 4) in bike trailer, panniers, and do local stuff (school runs with older two (10 & 12) on their bikes, shopping etc).

Did first mountain bike ride proper on weekend with a girlfriend who said I'd love it - and I did! Of course, now - ow ow ow ow ow!;)
After you go for a long ride try taking a long walk to cool down. You won't hurt as much, if at all. My own kids don't cycle with me as I ride a road bike and it really wouldn't be possible but they really look forward to taking a walk around the neighborhood for a half hour each evening.

27 yr. old sexy guy from Greenfield, IN. I'm looking for a cute girl that is really into cycling. I know, I know I may be asking of the non-existant ;-) but it's worth a shot! If you're single, cute and near Indianapolis, IN, get at me!Kameron

single, quite the triathlete, and very cute.

however, in WV and gay

;0)

kameront2003 said:
27 yr. old sexy guy from Greenfield, IN. I'm looking for a cute girl that is really into cycling. I know, I know I may be asking of the non-existant ;-) but it's worth a shot! If you're single, cute and near Indianapolis, IN, get at me!Kameron

Wow!!! Looks Like a-lot of girls love riding:cool: I am 27, I live in South Texas....been riding for 6 months. Completly addicted. I am a recreational rider. I take care of my 4 year old son during the day, and e-bay at night. I try to ride about 15 miles in the A.M. all depending on how many times I take my golden retreiver out, too potty at night:mad:

could you please explain to me? You are cute, a triathlete and gay.:confused: What is the thought process behind that? I mean I could understand bi, you could double your pleasure and double your fun that way! But gay you kind of limit yourself don't ya think? I'm not at all against you being gay, just curious. My aunt is gay. I would however love to see some pictures of your cute and gay self should you be dying to send me some.:D
nancyinky said:
single, quite the triathlete, and very cute.

however, in WV and gay

;0)

Ha! My cousin and her husband live in Austin and my aunt and uncle live in Huntsville. I love TX! However, not doin' me much good all the way down there are ya?;) I assume that you were only being facetious about all of the ladies that enjoy riding? I posted it just this morning sweetie give it some time, let it marinate for a few. :cool: P.S. are you cute? haha

jaclyn918 said:
Wow!!! Looks Like a-lot of girls love riding:cool: I am 27, I live in South Texas....been riding for 6 months. Completly addicted. I am a recreational rider. I take care of my 4 year old son during the day, and e-bay at night. I try to ride about 15 miles in the A.M. all depending on how many times I take my golden retreiver out, too potty at night:mad:

kameront2003 said:
Ha! My cousin and her husband live in Austin and my aunt and uncle live in Huntsville. I love TX! However, not doin' me much good all the way down there are ya?;) I assume that you were only being facetious about all of the ladies that enjoy riding? I posted it just this morning sweetie give it some time, let it marinate for a few. :cool: P.S. are you cute? haha
OK, so this is going to turn into a dating service? I'm a 42 yr old very physically fit straight woman. I wouldn't mind a fit, energetic road cycling partner in his early to late 40's. I'd love to hear from anyone in the vacinity of Smithtown, NY. :rolleyes: