Post cycling brews

Personally I like nice heavy strong beers, but I guess they are not what i would reach for after a ride. hmmm....maybe a Dogfish Head 60min IPA.(though i would rather have the 90min)

There's some good beers listed there. In the summer I like Bell's Oberon after a ride. I don't generally drink wheat beers but that one is delicious. In the fall, I'll reach for an Octoberfest of some sort, most likely Sam Adam's.

All good, my favorite seasonal has to be Great Lakes Oktoberfest. It's hard to find and sells out extremely fast but it's worth it.

Speaking of fall beers, one of my favorites is pumpkin ale. Most brands are good, though i have had one that was ****...can't remember what it was called, but i think it was made by blue moon.

Originally Posted by BlithelyDoubt .

Speaking of fall beers, one of my favorites is pumpkin ale. Most brands are good, though i have had one that was ****...can't remember what it was called, but i think it was made by blue moon.

Oh yeah, that's the Harvest Moon. I haven't had that one. Not really interested in trying it either. Sam Adam's is releasing their pumpkin beer in its own 6 pack this year, which I'm pretty excited about. It was good last year in the harvest 12 pack. I love fall soooo much! Both for riding bikes and for drinking beer.

Yea, the Sam Adams one is good, but the most flavorful one i'v had is the DFH Punkin' Ale. It only comes in a four pack though.

I drink the same beer year round. Natural Ice plenty of bang for the buck. 14.99 for a 30 pack 5.9%. Never let me down yet./img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

I generally don't drink beer post ride, but when I do drink beer, I order up good old generic Budweiser Select. Easy to find, everybody carries it. I don't really don't care much for many of the designer or micro-brewery beers. I do like "not for export" Peroni which is brewed in Italy and kind of difficult to find in the US (for obvious reasons). The stuff that they export does not really taste like Peroni. I suppose it is some preservative or something added to the beer.

Originally Posted by kdelong .

I generally don't drink beer post ride, but when I do drink beer...
For a second there i thought you were the most interesting man in the world:
dos-equis.jpg

LOL...I like the comments... Me i like a tall ice cold pint of lager shandy OR a pint of easy rider (cider). We sometimes call it tramp juice too.heh heh

hahaha, He is the most interesting man in the world. Love those commercials. Don't care for Dos Equis, but that doesn't matter.

I haven't had the Dogfish Head Punkin Ale, can't get it in Iowa. But there's no reason not to have a good quality beer after a good ride. I would say over doing it isn't necessary, but having 1-3 pints won't hurt you at all.
I don't, however, get the mentality that Michelob is trying to promote that if you live an extreme lifestyle you should drink light, flavorless beer! I do not understand that commercial...you know the one with Lance in it? "Yeah, we live exciting and extreme lives, so we're gonna drink mediocre beer! Yay life!"

No! Bad dog.

Haha I agree Michelob sucks, I put down a couple Bells Two Hearted from MI last night. Those really did the trick, tasted great even in the terrible 95 degree heat. I didn't realize they were 7% abv until three pints were down, although it wasn't the worst surprise.

I simply can't understand why anyone wants to drink mass-produced, weak American beer anymore. Those recipes are based on compromises made during WWII due to rationing of the ingredients. There are so many better-tasting alternatives now that are real beer, not watered down goat ****. One way to almost guarantee you have a real beer is to only drink from bottles that do NOT have twist-off caps. Cans are right out...blech.

Originally Posted by Beersk .

I don't, however, get the mentality that Michelob is trying to promote that if you live an extreme lifestyle you should drink light, flavorless beer! I do not understand that commercial...you know the one with Lance in it? "Yeah, we live exciting and extreme lives, so we're gonna drink mediocre beer! Yay life!"
I'm pretty sure that they would tell you that it makes you shart rainbows if they thought it would sell you that horrable beer.

Reactions: jpr95
Originally Posted by kdelong .
I do like "not for export" Peroni which is brewed in Italy and kind of difficult to find in the US (for obvious reasons). The stuff that they export does not really taste like Peroni. I suppose it is some preservative or something added to the beer.
Never had the "native" Peroni, but I WILL vouch that the Peroni here in the US tastes like ****. If you have to have an Italian beer, Moretti is the better choice.