Post cycling brews

Chocolate milk best post-workout drink, studies say Two recent University of Texas studies have determined chocolate milk can go a long way toward helping one’s body recover from a hard session at the gym, more so than plain milk, sports drinks or even water.

picture-9125.png

http://www.readthehorn.com/campus/4634/chocolate_milk_best_post_workout_drink_studies_say

Originally Posted by detroitjim .

Chocolate milk best post-workout drink, studies say Two recent University of Texas studies have determined chocolate milk can go a long way toward helping one’s body recover from a hard session at the gym, more so than plain milk, sports drinks or even water.
picture-9125.png

http://www.readthehorn.com/campus/4634/chocolate_milk_best_post_workout_drink_studies_say

This is very true.

Originally Posted by detroitjim .

picture-9125.png

Yup. Chocolate milk can be great after a ride, but after a hot ride in the Sonoran desert, Stella is so satisfying.

Originally Posted by BlithelyDoubt .

I'm pretty sure that they would tell you that it makes you shart rainbows if they thought it would sell you that horrable beer.
There is just no rationalization for the demographic they're trying to market to in that commercial. These are the kind of people that drink GOOD beer, not watered down beer with 1 calorie. People who strive for quality in everything they do and consume in life (wait for it...) ALSO drink good beer! Hear that Michelob? You're morons! No reason these people would skimp on their beer of choice.
But you know what the sad thing is? People drink this **** and they LOVE it. I can get drunk and save on calories! Yippy!

MICHELOB ULTRA is DIET BEER.

People who work their ass off to keep their BF% below 10, don't want to consume 300 calories with one beer!

MICHELOB ULTRA allows them to have one beer w/ o going in for lipo-suction.

MICHELOB ULTRA sponsors our team, which puts on 3x as many races as any other within 1000 miles.

MICHELOB ULTRA sponsors several other bicycle race teams, as well as other endurance athletic activities.

So hand -craft me a micro brew, oh bearer of beer-belliness. Only you-- can pedal with one hand.. and one belly.

Mr. Hand-Crafted, Micro Brew, drin--ker---!

I challenge you to find me a beer that is 300 calories in 12 ounces (or even a full pint for that matter).

Even Guinness is only about 120 calories in their bottle of 11.2 oz.

If someone is really working their tail off and their body fat is below 10%, a few hundred calories worth of beer is not going to undermine that in one sitting. A six pack every day might (but I doubt that would even really affect someone who bikes a couple hundred miles a week).

It's not that Michelob Ultra is bad, it's just not beer.

It doesn't matter whether a beer is micro-brewed or made in a big factory. If it says Michelob Ultra on it, it's bad beer. Stella Artois has 154 calories in 11.2oz.

Originally Posted by Not Sure .

MICHELOB ULTRA sponsors our team, which puts on 3x as many races as any other within 1000 miles.

MICHELOB ULTRA sponsors several other bicycle race teams, as well as other endurance athletic activities.

These are not good reasons to consume anything, perhaps especially beer. Some beer companies are enormous corporations whose sole purpose is to get money. So, in that pursuit, they will: lobby the ever loving hell out of congress, cut corners on ingredients, underpay employees, purchase clever ad campaigns to convince everyone that they should loyally consume this product--"see your heroes do", and any other bloody thing they can think of.

So enjoy that "brew"!

Originally Posted by alienator .

It doesn't matter whether a beer is micro-brewed or made in a big factory. If it says Michelob Ultra on it, it's bad beer. Stella Artois has 154 calories in 11.2oz.

Your avatar is creepy...lol.

Originally Posted by jpr95 .

I challenge you to find me a beer that is 300 calories in 12 ounces (or even a full pint for that matter).
Everything you've said up to this point is good, except this. There are MULTITUDES of beers out there with at least 300 calories for 12oz or pint in them.
http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slide/sierra-nevada-bigfoot-ale

Most high alcohol beers have a lot of calories. Guinness is only about 4%, most people think it's some heavy, filling beer. And these people haven't ever had Guinness either. There is no such thing as "lite" beer. It's a gimmick so that you think you're "saving cals, yo". Light beer is really just very low abv beer. The brewers ferment the beer as dry as they possibly can with as little ingredients as possible, and viola! A low calories beer with about 3% abv, if that.

-------

I don't care if Michelob Ultra sponsors all of your "bicycling" events, it's not beer and you don't like beer if you drink that stuff. What does Michelob Ultra and sex in a canoe have in common? I think you know the answer to that...
Do I care if I'm below 10% body fat? Hell no, that's ridiculous. I do care, however, not to be over weight. Get caught up in the cycling image, much?

The other day i had a close call and fancied a mega bowl of Courvisieur Brandy....
To settle my nerves of course....purely medicinal..you see.

Reactions: BlithelyDoubt
OK so I actually love good beer and even brew my own, but for when I just finish any ride or any physical activity, I have to admit, I just want a sweeter, pretty simple lager. And frankly PBR just does the trick. Please dont judge me!

Originally Posted by shawea .

OK so I actually love good beer and even brew my own, but for when I just finish any ride or any physical activity, I have to admit, I just want a sweeter, pretty simple lager. And frankly PBR just does the trick. Please dont judge me!

The only beer on tap at the Assonet Inn. I wont drink beer from cans and bottles when I go out only at home. So when I go to the Inn I drink PBR. Not bad at all the more you drink the better they get./img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

Reactions: shawea
Originally Posted by jpr95 .

It's not that Michelob Ultra is bad, it's just not beer.

I used to work for a beer distributor, and I would refer to MGD 64 as "sex in a rowboat" (as in "yeah, I'm ordering you 10 cases of Lite, 5 High Life, 2 sex in a rowboat...") which almost always resulted in big laffs when the bar owner would say "wtf is sex in a rowboat?" - "Oh sorry, I meant MGD 64....f*cking near water"

Reactions: jpr95