Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont ask me for details yet. What was said was "the bomb has burst" Rasmussen has been kicked from the tour 30 minutes ago. The whole story after this commercial break (typical)

I sure wonder if it was done based on new information.. If not I am angry!

"Now I understand what Lance Armstrong went through for seven years. My respect for him is growing day by day," Rasmussen said. "The only good thing about the Vinokourov situation is that it proves that the system is working. To that, I can only add that I've had 14 negative tests on this Tour."

the Rabobank has done it. Rabobank quoted that rasmussen has violated the internal rules of the rabobank. It is apperently because he has been spotted in italy in June whilst he said he was training in mexico.

He has been kicked and Rabobank as a whole will probably withdraw as well

thebluetrain said:
I see nothing.
Because the director of the rabobank had just announced it to the NOS 7 minutes ago. But trust me its true. The reason above. Rabobank will have a press conference later tonight.

Trajectum said:
It is apperently because he has been spotted in italy in June whilst he said he was training in mexico.

Yup, aparently Italian ex-Pro and Giro commentator Davide Cassani saw him in Italy when he said he was in Mexico. :mad:

This mess should've been sorted out in June. Contador can't surely win it now.

DAMN!That's huge. I guess Lance knew what he was talking about when he said Disco would put 2 on the podium....

Cycling News Flash for July 26, 2007

Edited by Sue George

Rasmussen pulled out of Tour

Yellow jersey Michael Rasmussen will reportedly not be at the start of the Tour de France's 17th stage Thursday morning according to L'Equipe. He was withdrawn from the race by his Rabobank team for reasons which were not specified. Rasmussen won Wednesday's Stage 16 finishing at Col d’Aubisque.

The news comes just hours after the news that Cofidis' Cristian Moreni tested positive for testosterone, leading to that team's withdrawal from the race.

Stay tuned to Cyclingnews for more information as the story develops.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/tour07/news/?id=/news/2007/jul07/jul26news

As I predicted yesterday, if Ras leaves the tour, DC WINS the Yellow Jersey. No way Evans can really make up that much time on Alberto. In fact, DC could well have #1 and #2, or #1 and #3!!

Hoorway! :p

musette said:
As I predicted yesterday, if Ras leaves the tour, DC WINS the Yellow Jersey. No way Evans can really make up that much time on Alberto. In fact, DC could well have #1 and #2, or #1 and #3!!

Hoorway! :p
LOL, :D

thebluetrain said:
Took some effort to get the link working but yep.. there's your confirmation. It was because he was spotted in Italy in June when he said he was in Mexico (and thus missed out on his tests).

Bah.. Why are runners always so damn dumb? I did think he danced the cord but I certainly didnt question him being in Mexico.. Why would he make up that whole story when he knows people must have seen him there?

Guess you all noticd I'm a fan of the chick.. This sucks.. what a dumbass :/ poor him

Status
Not open for further replies.