Re: Too young to be a retrogrouch?

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 07:32:38 GMT, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:
>> "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>>>
>>> And Lance is always spinning to quick, he really must
>>> start lunging the big gears just like Jan Ullrich.
>>>

>> Ok, I know one of you english speakers is going to
>> point out that it should have been 'too'.

>That was the least of your glaring errors.
>
>Bill "12-25 (and shutting up re. the chainrings)" S.

You probably have actual hills in your area. Steepest thing I see are overpasses
and bridges. Here in Tampa a 42x21 is the "blown knee bailout gear."

Ron

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 00:48:23 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
<rd4xd.538520$nl.435101@pd7tw3no>:

>> Cog? *cog?* It's a SPROCKET, man!

>Look Guy, English is a second language to me,

And we couldn't possibly expect you to know anything about the
technicalities of cycling either, for sure.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message com...
>> And we couldn't possibly expect you to know anything about the

> technicalities of cycling either, for sure.

How can you say that.
You're a benter and not a real cyclist after all.

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 02:13:07 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
<[email protected]> wrote in message <TQpyd.545249$Pl.50018@pd7tw1no>:

>>> And we couldn't possibly expect you to know anything about the

>> technicalities of cycling either, for sure.

>How can you say that.
>You're a benter and not a real cyclist after all.

You want to tell Sam Whittingham that? In the unlikely event that you
could catch him? On any bike?

Incidentally, you might want to read up on Mike Burrows some time.

<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message com...
>>> And we couldn't possibly expect you to know anything about the

>> technicalities of cycling either, for sure.
>>

>How can you say that.
>You're a benter and not a real cyclist after all.

What did he do, forget to say "On Your Left" again as he whipped past
you on that climb?

> You want to tell Sam Whittingham that? >
> Incidentally, you might want to read up on Mike Burrows some time.

Who?
Never heard of them, don't think they're real cyclists.

I've checked Noel Truyers and his rider archives and
no mention of your Sammy and Mike.

Sounds to me like those two maybe just some more
FREDS. I don't like FREDS.

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:12:32 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
<[email protected]> wrote in message <AhIyd.572896$%k.18701@pd7tw2no>:

>> You want to tell Sam Whittingham that? >
>> Incidentally, you might want to read up on Mike Burrows some time.

>Who?
>Never heard of them, don't think they're real cyclists.

Ah, so the fastest man on two wheels (hour record: 84,215km, 200m
record ~130km/h unpaced) is not a proper cyclist, and the designer of
Chris Boardman's Lotus bike (and the Giant compact frames) is not a
proper bike designer. Thank you so much for enlightening me.

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message @4ax.com...

>> Ah, so the fastest man on two wheels (hour record: 84,215km, 200m

> record ~130km/h unpaced) is not a proper cyclist,

Yep, that's correct.

Nothing more than a silly circus act. Not really a proper cycling
event.

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 01:46:49 GMT, <dyKyd.573254$%k.498611@pd7tw2no>,
Prince "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> decreed:

>"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message @4ax.com...
>
>>> Ah, so the fastest man on two wheels (hour record: 84,215km, 200m

>> record ~130km/h unpaced) is not a proper cyclist,

>Yep, that's correct.
>
>Nothing more than a silly circus act. Not really a proper cycling
>event.

You almost expect to see five or six little clowns crawl out of one of
those contraptions.

Not even dinos would ride bikes like that.
--
zk

"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > You almost expect to see five or six little clowns crawl out of one of

> those contraptions.
>
> Not even dinos would ride bikes like that.
> --

I agree with you.

These guys make me laugh. All they're about is who has the
fastest contraption. The concept of cyclists competing as an
athletic test doesn't mean much to them.

Us roadies couldn't care less how fast they make those freak
machines go. Put a benter on a real bike and then see how
fit they are.

And we know bents can't climb, period.

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 02:53:01 GMT, <hwLyd.550236$Pl.181105@pd7tw1no>,
Prince "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> reiterated:

>Us roadies couldn't care less how fast they make those freak
>machines go. Put a benter on a real bike and then see how
>fit they are.
>
>And we know bents can't climb, period.

Those guys haven't got a team towing them nor do they have access to
the same cutting edge physiological enhancements that real roadies do.

That whole HPV show is almost as embarrassing as pro wrestling.
--
zk

"Little Meow" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

>> I can't believe how far this thread has gone without mentioning

> cyclingwear, brand names, and coffee. Just because it is the
> holidays is no reason to neglect what is truly important.

These guys can't tell the difference between a true ristretto
and just short pull espresso shot. And they don't dress themselves
properly.

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 04:52:10 GMT, <_fNyd.573476$%k.169156@pd7tw2no>,
"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Little Meow" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>> I can't believe how far this thread has gone without mentioning

>> cyclingwear, brand names, and coffee. Just because it is the
>> holidays is no reason to neglect what is truly important.

>These guys can't tell the difference between a true ristretto
>and just short pull espresso shot. And they don't dress themselves
>properly.

When they drool, it just drips on their bellies.
Good clothes would be wasted on them.

At home I've been doing the French retro thing with my rhodium plated
genuine Melior plunge pot and Spong No.4 hand-cranked conical mill.

I gave my favourite barista chocolates last night.
She made me a perfect macchiato.
--
zk

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 01:46:49 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
<dyKyd.573254$%k.498611@pd7tw2no>:

>>> Ah, so the fastest man on two wheels (hour record: 84,215km, 200m

>> record ~130km/h unpaced) is not a proper cyclist,

>Yep, that's correct.

I refer the hon. gentleman to my earlier answer: be sure to tell him
that, in the unlikely even that you can catch him (whatever bike he's
riding).

Meanwhile, Mr Burrows will continue to design, build and ride both
wedgies and 'bents. Do let me know when you've completed your first
Olympic gold medal winning bike, flabs.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

> Do let me know when you've completed your first
> Olympic gold medal winning bike, flabs.

The thing is, pro cyclists don't really hold the Olympics
as that major of an event, certainly not like say a track
and field or swimmer would.

Pro cyclists are more concerned about UCI points over
the season and events like the spring classics and the
tours as the big objectives.

The Olympics are more of just a side show to us pros.

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 20:05:06 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
<SD_yd.556838$Pl.437651@pd7tw1no>:

>The thing is, pro cyclists don't really hold the Olympics
>as that major of an event, certainly not like say a track
>and field or swimmer would.
>Pro cyclists are more concerned about UCI points over
>the season and events like the spring classics and the
>tours as the big objectives.

Ah, right, and Giant have never had a bike in those kinds of events,
right? Oh, wait...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 20:30:09 +0000,
<[email protected]>,
"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Ah, right, and Giant have never had a bike in those kinds of events,
>right? Oh, wait...

Everyday there are boat loads of Giant branded spinning bikes, folders
and kids bikes coming of an assembly line fer cripesake.
They know squat about Elite Euro Pro Style.
--
zk

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:41:21 -0800, Zoot Katz <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>>Ah, right, and Giant have never had a bike in those kinds of events,
>>right? Oh, wait...

>Everyday there are boat loads of Giant branded spinning bikes, folders
>and kids bikes coming of an assembly line fer cripesake.
>They know squat about Elite Euro Pro Style.

Right, and Team ONCE were riding these fredly creations, weren't they?
Oh, wait...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:41:21 -0800, Zoot Katz <[email protected]>
> wrote in message <[email protected]>:
>
> >>Ah, right, and Giant have never had a bike in those kinds of events,
> >>right? Oh, wait...

> >Everyday there are boat loads of Giant branded spinning bikes, folders
> >and kids bikes coming of an assembly line fer cripesake.
> >They know squat about Elite Euro Pro Style.

> Right, and Team ONCE were riding these fredly creations, weren't they?
> Oh, wait...

Hey, do you see Fabrizio on team ONCE? They don't even have the good
taste to avoid yellow in their jersey colours, which means they have to
change to their Giro-insulting pink jerseys for July each year. It's
ridiculous, really.

Those riders probably can't even pronounce "ristresso" properly,

--
Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.wiredcola.com
Verus de parvis; verus de magnis.

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 22:38:38 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
<O3Hzd.573357$Pl.511521@pd7tw1no>:

>Listen here Guy, us pros race whatever bikes our team gets from
>the sponsors.

And you ride for Team Huffy, as we all know.