Recumbent Dead Pool

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Drrecumbnt, Mar 3, 2003.

  1. Drrecumbnt

    Drrecumbnt Guest

    Backsafer is still around. They have a new CLWB coming soon, built in India I think. Just2Bikes is
    also still around (http://www.justtwobikes.com/). JTB builds am updated version of the old Raven
    delta trike.

    I just heard from Cannondale, and they are hopeful that the recumbent division will survive the sale
    of the company.

    Also note, Maxam and Revielle are the same.

    Here are some others:

    Introspect Cycle "Meridian" ReBike Doppler Soho Designs "Renegade" Streetglider Eco Cycles
    (US/Corvallis, OR Trice builder & rike maker) Practical Innovations "Zephyr trike" Aerobikes (UK)
    Advanta Thorpe (remember the Thorpe Mako?) Wheel Recumbents "Evo Glide" (rebadged Linear) Ride Rite
    Radius (original company) Personal Transportation Trikes Tricumbent (original Raven builder)

    Here are some that I'm not sure if they're still around?

    AS Engineering (FWD trike from Russia) Pivot Liegerader? Aeroproject Slipstream Cycles (trikes) Glas
    Tec (full bodied Turners) Does Pashley still build recumbents? Special Purpose Vehicles Quadracycle
    Bevo Ostrad Swing Cycle

    I'm sure there's more. In the old days, we'd here from lots of garage companies looking to get
    some press.

    Bob Bryant

    Tags:

  2. Kurt Fischer

    Kurt Fischer Guest

    DrRecumbnt <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Here are some others:
    >
    > Introspect Cycle "Meridian" ReBike Doppler Soho Designs "Renegade" Streetglider Eco Cycles
    > (US/Corvallis, OR Trice builder & rike maker) Practical Innovations "Zephyr trike" Aerobikes (UK)
    > Advanta Thorpe (remember the Thorpe Mako?) Wheel Recumbents "Evo Glide" (rebadged Linear) Ride
    > Rite Radius (original company)

    Also Pichler is no longer in business, they built a LWB similar to the Peer Gynt, but without
    suspension

    One of the first recumbents I've ever seen was the Belgian Roulandt, but I believe they stopped
    building before I started to ride 15 years ago.

    Website is alive: http://www.aha.ru/~ykpro/index.htm

    > Pivot Liegerader?

    No longer in production

    > Aeroproject

    No longer in production, but they are still around. I ride one too.

    http://www.pashley.co.uk/pashley/products/pages/pdq_page.htm

    > Bevo

    I don't know if it's still in production, but it seems still available:
    http://www.voss-spezialrad.de/voss-spezialrad/be_lf.htm

    > Ostrad

    Still in production: http://www.ostrad.de/ostrad/liegerader.html

    Kurt

  3. Pashley still build the PDQ, though the trike version has, mercifully, been buried in an unmarked
    grave at midnight with a stake through its heart... Bevo appears to still be around.

    The Spirit - an LWB Avatar / Ryan clone with a frame built by Chas. Roberts - seems to be no more.

    Neglect not Flevobike - all their old designs are now built by Other People and the new Versatile
    velomobile has not yet surfaced properly, so they are, if not dead, then certain in a life support
    machine...

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  4. Also the original RoadRunner. They were built in Ventura Ca in the late 70's early 80's I think.
    They look like the Easy racer with 27 inch wheels at both ends.

    I have one in the garage. It is a fast cruiser.

  5. Dj Blag

    Dj Blag Guest

    What about Presto?? Chas