Selecting a Camel-Bak, and possibly a GPS

"Gary in VA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "JD"
> > Astounding, simply astounding. Why the hell anyone here gave your sorry ass anything is well
> > beyond me. You sit and whine about your POS walgoose for a couple of years, yet you gab on and
> > on about how great your computer **** is and how much you spend on it. "How about saving your
> > money for a real bike" echoed throughout the ng, yet you made it clear that your techno **** was
> > much more important than a bike. Sad ****. Next (pun intended), you proceed to make your POS
> > bike even more crappy and unsafe and it generates a pity party that you either expected, or did
> > not expect, though you reveled in it, taking free items from those who felt sorry enough for you
> > to send them. NOW, you sit and plot how you can spend extra money on needless **** like a
> > camcorder and GPS, including more computer interface techno **** that is completely needless. I
> > have donated items FOC to more than a couple of AM-B denizens, however I would never even think
> > of giving you the jam out of my big toe, you selfish little ****.
> >
> > JustDisgusted
> >

> I'm just sitting here biting my tongue. What comes around goes around.
>
> Gary in VA (fool me once...)

S-U-C-K-E-R !!!!

> JD wrote:
> > Astounding, simply astounding. Why the hell anyone here gave your sorry ass anything is well
> > beyond me. You sit and whine about your POS walgoose for a couple of years, yet you gab on and
> > on about how great your computer **** is and how much you spend on it. "How about saving your
> > money for a real bike" echoed throughout the ng, yet you made it clear that your techno **** was
> > much more important than a bike. Sad ****. Next (pun intended), you proceed to make your POS
> > bike even more crappy and unsafe and it generates a pity party that you either expected, or did
> > not expect, though you reveled in it, taking free items from those who felt sorry enough for you
> > to send them. NOW, you sit and plot how you can spend extra money on needless **** like a
> > camcorder and GPS, including more computer interface techno **** that is completely needless. I
> > have donated items FOC to more than a couple of AM-B denizens, however I would never even think
> > of giving you the jam out of my big toe, you selfish little ****.
> >
> > JustDisgusted
>

> Pretty much how I see it, but too polite to say it.

and you seemed like such a smart guy too!

> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
> >
> > "JD"
> > > Astounding, simply astounding. Why the hell anyone here gave your sorry ass anything is well
> > > beyond me. You sit and whine about your POS walgoose for a couple of years, yet you gab on and
> > > on about how great your computer **** is and how much you spend on it. "How about saving your
> > > money for a real bike" echoed throughout the ng, yet you made it clear that your techno ****
> > > was much more important than a bike. Sad ****. Next (pun intended), you proceed to make your
> > > POS bike even more crappy and unsafe and it generates a pity party that you either expected,
> > > or did not expect, though you reveled in it, taking free items from those who felt sorry
> > > enough for you to send them. NOW, you sit and plot how you can spend extra money on needless
> > > **** like a camcorder and GPS, including more computer interface techno **** that is
> > > completely needless. I have donated items FOC to more than a couple of AM-B denizens, however
> > > I would never even think of giving you the jam out of my big toe, you selfish little ****.
> > >
> > > JustDisgusted
> > >

> > I'm just sitting here biting my tongue. What comes around goes around.
> >
> > Gary in VA (fool me once...)
> >

> It wasn't my intention to fool anybody.
>
> I have created a fairly sizable grab bag for you and Clyde to select as much, or as little as you
> want (i keep finding stuff to add now and then too). the most recent list was posted in this
> thread as a reply to Penny
> S. (05/06 8:34 PM).
>
> Shipping is on me of course.
>
> ~Travis
> --
> ~Travis
>
> travis57 at megalink dot net

Yeah...that's the ticket......just reach in to the ol' grab bag

> > JD wrote:
> > > Astounding, simply astounding. Why the hell anyone here gave your sorry ass anything is well
> > > beyond me. You sit and whine about your POS walgoose for a couple of years, yet you gab on and
> > > on about how great your computer **** is and how much you spend on it. "How about saving your
> > > money for a real bike" echoed throughout the ng, yet you made it clear that your techno ****
> > > was much more important than a bike. Sad ****. Next (pun intended), you proceed to make your
> > > POS bike even more crappy and unsafe and it generates a pity party that you either expected,
> > > or did not expect, though you reveled in it, taking free items from those who felt sorry
> > > enough for you to send them. NOW, you sit and plot how you can spend extra money on needless
> > > **** like a camcorder and GPS, including more computer interface techno **** that is
> > > completely needless. I have donated items FOC to more than a couple of AM-B denizens, however
> > > I would never even think of giving you the jam out of my big toe, you selfish little ****.
> > >
> > > JustDisgusted
> >

> > Pretty much how I see it, but too polite to say it.
> >

> I'm sorry you feel that way. i come from a long line of genetic impulse spending (why my mother no
> longer has a credit card).
>
> As an attempted reimbursement for you and Gary, i have created a "grab bag" for you can Gary to
> select as much or as little as you want. i keep finding stuff to add to it, so there just may be
> some jewels there. the most recent list was posted in this thread as a reply to Penny S. (05/06
> 8:34 PM). shipping is of course on me.
>
> I can't begin to come up with items that would equal the value of the items you and Gary sent me,
> but i can try my best.
>
> If you feel you have been misguided, i can return the items if you like.
>
> It truly was not my intention to act in a selfish manor.
> --
> ~Travis
>
> travis57 at megalink dot net

Travis,

Obviously your psychosis is exceeded only by your lack of self esteem

Penny S. wrote:

> I know that, just joshing ya...

Sorry, the Luddites have me all defensive. Seems like you have to be a technophobe to be a "cool"
rider on A.M-B these days...

How's the weather up your ways anyway? I might be headed to Portland for some business work and will
be bringing my bike if I do.

-will

> Technician wrote:

> >> two pack of cobras with all the sub channels at Costco for $89.
> >>
> >> Penny
> >>

> > Just keep in mind, it may say 2 miles, but if your in the woods, it is spotty over 1.5 miles,
> > and if one is just over the top of a hill, it fades out completely. they depend entirely on
> > line-of-site. similar to cellular. that's why cellular towers are placed so high, and there will
> > usually be several towers if your in hilly terrain.
>
> Really. I am so glad you shared that rare knowledge.

Careful Penny, The next e-suicide could be your fault.

David L wrote:
> "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>now, assuming the top cost selection above, and that my LBS sells it for that cost, plus
>>the 5% tax,

> i wish we had 5% tax!

TAX, what's that?-)

--
John "tax free in NH" G.

Technician wrote:
> As an attempted reimbursement for you and Gary, i have created a "grab bag" for you can Gary to
> select as much or as little as you want.

I don't need anything..... well maybee a HD a ATI All-In-Wonder board, and some SD-RAM for my
Duaghters PC. BUT THAT IS NOT THE POINT..

You want to do something for me, stock up a good first-aid kit to keep in the Camel-Bak......
someday, someone may need your assitance, be prepared for that day!

The take a few dollars and join NEMBA or IMBA

> If you feel you have been misguided,

A camel-bak is a necessity, IMO. rates right up there with handlebars and tires.

> i can return the items if you like.

NO, I gave you that which I no longer needed/wanted.

> It truly was not my intention to act in a selfish manor.

OCD is a b!tch isn't it?

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote

> lack of self control, lack of impulse control, self gratification, lack of character, lack of
> personal responsibililty... what ever you want to call
> it.

I call it being a noxious little weasel. Still liking those odds ,Clyde?

CC

> David L wrote:
> > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> >>now, assuming the top cost selection above, and that my LBS sells it for that cost, plus the
> >>5% tax,
>
> > i wish we had 5% tax!
>

> TAX, what's that?-)
>
> --
> John "tax free in NH" G.

Except for property taxes which are three times as much as everyone else's in the country

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote
>
>>lack of self control, lack of impulse control, self gratification, lack of character, lack of
>>personal responsibililty... what ever you want to call
>>it.

> I call it being a noxious little weasel.

Poor judgement indeed!

> Still liking those odds ,Clyde?

Yeah, he seems to be taking it well enough.. Certainly not reached "melt-down" mode, yet.

> Technician wrote:
> > As an attempted reimbursement for you and Gary, i have created a "grab bag" for you can Gary to
> > select as much or as little as you want.
>
> I don't need anything..... well maybee a HD a ATI All-In-Wonder board, and some SD-RAM for my
> Duaghters PC. BUT THAT IS NOT THE POINT..

It's just that you and Gary's subtle reactions to JD's post game me the impression you felt cheated.

> You want to do something for me, stock up a good first-aid kit to keep in the Camel-Bak......
> someday, someone may need your assitance, be prepared for that day!

I was actually planning to. the second up compartment (between front pouch and middle exposed
compartment) looks big enough for a fairly sizable first-aid kit. Any recommendations for contents?
i plan of course to stock some band-aids (several sizes), and ace bandage (or two), some gauze,
antiseptic (hopefully it wont explode), some alcohol wipes. and i will try and find a outdoor
activity specific first-aid manual (may provide a better list as well).

> The take a few dollars and join NEMBA or IMBA

I was planning a while back to join IMBA, guess now would be a good time to do it. At that same time
a while back, i was also looking at the bike patrol (had intentions of being an EMT at the time).
I'll go for just an IMBA membership, and see about getting the certifications for NMBP. and if all
else fails, i can still act in the manor of a bike patrol, without the membership (as long as i have
the training).

> > If you feel you have been misguided,
>

> A camel-bak is a necessity, IMO. rates right up there with handlebars and tires.
>

> > i can return the items if you like.
>
> NO, I gave you that which I no longer needed/wanted.
>

> > It truly was not my intention to act in a selfish manor.
>
> OCD is a b!tch isn't it?

Not sure i follow the relation of that last statement.
--
~Travis

travis57 at megalink dot net

news:[email protected]... <snip>
> Astounding, simply astounding. Why the hell anyone here gave your sorry ass anything is well
> beyond me. You sit and whine about your POS walgoose for a couple of years, yet you gab on and on
> about how great your computer **** is and how much you spend on it. "How about saving your money
> for a real bike" echoed throughout the ng, yet you made it clear that your techno **** was much
> more important than a bike. Sad ****. Next (pun intended), you proceed to make your POS bike even
> more crappy and unsafe and it generates a pity party that you either expected, or did not expect,
> though you reveled in it, taking free items from those who felt sorry enough for you to send them.
> NOW, you sit and plot how you can spend extra money on needless **** like a camcorder and GPS,
> including more computer interface techno **** that is completely needless. I have donated items
> FOC to more than a couple of AM-B denizens, however I would never even think of giving you the jam
> out of my big toe, you selfish little ****.
>
> JustDisgusted

I see your point. Being the optimist I am, I'd like to think he might have seen these acts of good
will (how I perceive them) and possibly changed his attitudes a little. It may take time to sink in,
but I have to say I'm really impressed with the kindness and generosity demonstrated here. I'm not a
religious guy, but the basic morals of Christianity are a good thing. Be nice to people. Forgive
people. Time will tell if this was all an exercise in futility or a way to reach someone who was
lost. The donors seemed to have extra stuff they didn't need. They haven't really lost anything
except some clutter and a little time. Not a huge investment. I also have a weakness for "techno
****". It ended up being a pretty good career for me. Maybe one day he'll find his way and make a
good living using technology skills. Maybe he'll give back to the world and help someone out, maybe
not. It doesn't seem like we've lost much and maybe we (the world) can get a return on the
investment one day. Or maybe not...

> It's just that you and Gary's subtle reactions to JD's post game me the impression you felt
> cheated.

And I wasn't looking for anything in return either. Just need to think about your postings before
putting it out there for the rest of the world to see.

Gary in VA

Bob Rahgers wrote:

> "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>David L wrote:
>>>i wish we had 5% tax!
>>TAX, what's that?-) John "tax free in NH" G.

> Except for property taxes

True

> which are three times as much as everyone else's in the country

NOT true..... Keep trolling.

Technician wrote:

>>Technician wrote:
>>
>>>As an attempted reimbursement for you and Gary, i have created a "grab bag" for you can Gary to
>>>select as much or as little as you want.
>>
>>I don't need anything..... well maybee a HD a ATI All-In-Wonder board, and some SD-RAM for my
>>Duaghters PC. BUT THAT IS NOT THE POINT..
>

> It's just that you and Gary's subtle reactions to JD's post game me the impression you felt
> cheated.

I never asked for any payment nor expexted any so how could I feel "cheated" I got rid of a frame
I'd never use. (an added bonus SWMBO is happier that the basement/shop is one bike "cleaner".)

>>You want to do something for me, stock up a good first-aid kit to keep in the Camel-Bak......
>>someday, someone may need your assitance, be prepared for that day!
>>

> I was actually planning to. the second up compartment (between front pouch and middle exposed
> compartment) looks big enough for a fairly sizable first-aid kit. Any recommendations for
> contents?

that is a whole other thread...... best not to take up here.

>>The take a few dollars and join NEMBA or IMBA
>>

> I was planning a while back to join IMBA, guess now would be a good time to do it. At that same
> time a while back, i was also looking at the bike patrol (had intentions of being an EMT at the
> time). I'll go for just an IMBA membership, and see about getting the certifications for NMBP.

All you need is current Red Cross Certification and IMBA Membership

>>>It truly was not my intention to act in a selfish manor.
>>OCD is a b!tch isn't it?
> Not sure i follow the relation of that last statement.

"Ohh Ohh I got a dolllar, I gotta go spend it!"

> "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > It's just that you and Gary's subtle reactions to JD's post game me the impression you felt
> > cheated.
>
> And I wasn't looking for anything in return either. Just need to think about your postings before
> putting it out there for the rest of the world to see.
>
> Gary in VA

Yeah, apparently thinking is not one of my strong points. ;-)

Hopefully i can do better in the future (contrary to some peoples opinions, who shall rename
nameless, i really am trying to fit in as a normal member of AM-B).
--

On Wed, 07 May 2003 06:32:40 GMT, El Barista wrote:

> How's the weather up your ways anyway? I might be headed to Portland for some business work and
> will be bringing my bike if I do.

Portland's not exactly Penny's area; its a lot dryer up her way. Its a muddy mess here in Portland;
we just had one of the wettest Aprils in history. Fireroads are rideable if you don't mind getting
**** all over you, but it wouldn't be real good on the singletrack.