Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

franco1 said:
Hi I'll be sponsored the New Merida Carbon with 10sp Ultegra group set as soon as it arrives.

My personal bike is a Giant Carbon with 9sp Ultegra. I weight it with the Mavic Kysriums and it was 7.56kg.
This bike is very stiff and responsive (its a medium frame)

How do you think the Merida will compare with it?

Sponsored eh! Maybe one day we'll see you in the "tour". Maybe you've done it already!

G :cool:

gavin11756 said:
Sponsored eh! Maybe one day we'll see you in the "tour". Maybe you've done it already!

G :cool:

Yes the Vet's tour. Too old for the real one, but just finished a 5day Tour.

gavin11756 said:
99k down to 81! Brilliant stuff! Wish I could do that. Maybe I'm a lazy ******* and well as a fat ******* !

regards

Gavin

:D
Thanks!

About half the weight loss was doing Weight Watchers by proxy with my wife (she followed the programme and I got the modified diet,) and the rest was the cycling. I was diagnosed three years ago with a cardio-vascular blockage that would have led to a heart attack in about 10 years time, so I have made some substantial lifestyle changes.

I still got dropped on the first big climb in the regional road champs on Saturday though :( 4 x 25km hilly laps, my average speed dropped from over 30k to 28.5 on the last lap. More hill training and racing required I think!

Lindsay

Just got my new '03 Ghisallo on the road. Picked it up for a song from a friend of a friend. It barely had 600 miles on it and it looks brand new. You've got to love Titanium. It replaced my "old" TREK 5500. Here's the breakdown: '03 Ghisallo; Reynolds Ouzo Pro Fork; ITM Stem; Easton EC-90 bars; Selle Trans Am saddle, Ksyrium SSC wheels; Campy carbon stem; Look CX-6 pedals. Oh so nice.

This is my Botecchia, 5yo, with Columbus Throne frame. The rack is used for the longer trips (this picture taken in the Pyrrenees, near Col de Nagro). I prefer the steel classic because of their robustness - trust me, the way I handle it and the distances I have covered so far, it should have been wrecked long ago...

ItsikH said:
This is my Botecchia, 5yo, with Columbus Throne frame. The rack is used for the longer trips (this picture taken in the Pyrrenees, near Col de Nagro). I prefer the steel classic because of their robustness - trust me, the way I handle it and the distances I have covered so far, it should have been wrecked long ago...

Must be tough going up the mountains :eek: :)

ItsikH said:
looks like the mountain passes that i used to ride on in Corfu when i was on holiday last :D i know what you mean about the decents after some of those long climbs :)

This is my new 2005 S-works build. Just weighed the bike in at 14.5 lbs as is. Super responsive. All I can say is wow

SCOOBA STEVE said:
I am in the process of getting my GIANT bike on this thread. meanwhile show me yours and i'll show you mine.
Isn't she a beauty!
Wish she was mine.

My next bike i'm getting next spring:)

fondriest domino plus carbon frame.

this pic was taken at my friend's house. he's a fondriest rep

ferrarista said:
My next bike i'm getting next spring:)

fondriest domino plus carbon frame.

this pic was taken at my friend's house. he's a fondriest rep

That is just sick looking. I love my Fondriest Status. I have one complaint about Fondriest. I can never find Fondriest cycling apparel. I have one jersey and that is it. Can your friend explain this or perhaps advise a Fondriest lover where to source apparel?

larry barr said:
That is just sick looking. I love my Fondriest Status. I have one complaint about Fondriest. I can never find Fondriest cycling apparel. I have one jersey and that is it. Can your friend explain this or perhaps advise a Fondriest lover where to source apparel?
well first off I'm in canada so I don't really know. The new fondriest apparel is pretty nice. you can view some on the fondriest website.

your best bet is to call or write to fondriest-usa.com about your request.

maybe i can ask my friend if he has some stuff and i could ship it to you haha.
I'll see what I can do;)

ferrarista said:
well first off I'm in canada so I don't really know. The new fondriest apparel is pretty nice. you can view some on the fondriest website.

your best bet is to call or write to fondriest-usa.com about your request.

maybe i can ask my friend if he has some stuff and i could ship it to you haha.
I'll see what I can do;)

You are right, I went to the italian website and they have all kinds of things, Fondriest USA shows nothing. I would be more than happy to cover any shipping charges.

larry barr said:
You are right, I went to the italian website and they have all kinds of things, Fondriest USA shows nothing. I would be more than happy to cover any shipping charges.
yeah I know fondriest-usa still din't upgrade their website. I'm sure they will bring the new apparel for sure. send them an email to see what they tell ya.
On the other hand, I'm gonna ask my friend for prices. i'll send you a PM.