Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

Nice Colnago! My winter project was an upgrade of a vintage Trek steel race frame. I put on NOS shimano Ultegra 600 deraillieurs, new Dura Ace bar end shifters mounted on the downtubes, a nice light weight Shimano 105/Matrix wheel set and an 8 speed 105 cassette. It looks good and rides great. See on the road somewhere!

ilija said:
Finaly. All set for 2005 racing season. Did some serious training (on my LeMondon mounted on a trainer) this winter.
And with this baby it should be fun summer.
Now all I need is better weather ASAP. Can't stand just looking at it.
Awesome, very nice :)

Its just what I need for cafe rides ;)

I just put a deposit today on my new bike, and will pick it up next weekend when it comes in . . . I can't wait :D

got a deal on the frame...just finished it. haven't had a chance to ride it yet cuz of the lame nyc weather.

Here is my baby. I built the frame up last year in the spring. Best ride I have ever owned. What makes it really enjoyable is the really good deal I got on the frame. Also, I really enjoyed building and wrenching my own ride. I will never be as fast as this bike, but I love riding it.

Trek Project One "Deep South" (no I did not pay retail!)
9 speed DA Group
Original Ksyriums

Tailwinds...

2004 Specialized Allez double. First road bike and I absolutely adore it, even if she is a bit mucky

ParsonsBri said:
Here is my baby. I built the frame up last year in the spring. Best ride I have ever owned. What makes it really enjoyable is the really good deal I got on the frame. Also, I really enjoyed building and wrenching my own ride. I will never be as fast as this bike, but I love riding it.

Trek Project One "Deep South" (no I did not pay retail!)
9 speed DA Group
Original Ksyriums

Tailwinds...

Great paint job

Mine's a 2005 Trek Madone 5.2. It isn't their lightest Madone, but it ought to suit me well. I've already dropped a lot of body weight this winter--believe it or not, by walking. By the time I'm done, my weight loss will be about the weight of this bike.

http://www2.trekbikes.com/en/Bikes/Road/Performance_Road/Madone/Madone_52/index.php

I'm anxious to get it on the road. I have to settle for mountain biking with studded snow tires for now. It's too icy for road biking now.

gntlmn said:
Mine's a 2005 Trek Madone 5.2. It isn't their lightest Madone, but it ought to suit me well. I've already dropped a lot of body weight this winter--believe it or not, by walking. By the time I'm done, my weight loss will be about the weight of this bike.

http://www2.trekbikes.com/en/Bikes/Road/Performance_Road/Madone/Madone_52/index.php

I'm anxious to get it on the road. I have to settle for mountain biking with studded snow tires for now. It's too icy for road biking now.
My bike, Specialized Allez with Ultegra Group Set. About 2 years old now so looking to change it. This will soon be my winter bike.

ilija said:
Finaly. All set for 2005 racing season. Did some serious training (on my LeMondon mounted on a trainer) this winter.
And with this baby it should be fun summer.
Now all I need is better weather ASAP. Can't stand just looking at it.
Very nice. I am usually not a fan of Colnago, IMO expensive frame sets with hideous paint jobs. I have to admit that is a sweet ride along with the red & black one that you posted. Looks fast & classy. Have Fun...

leegregory said:
My bike, Specialized Allez with Ultegra Group Set. About 2 years old now so looking to change it. This will soon be my winter bike.

Wow! I'd sure like to have the winter weather and that bike, although I do like cc skiing. :D

chriskaiser said:
Now that would have had to be, heart wrenching. how much damage did you sustain. hopefully, just a few cuts and bruises and a hole in your wallet.

you got to see yourself as lucky! at the end of the day the bike and any component is replacable, did the car driver pull out on you?

that front fork is a mess ;) did the frame get damaged, if so i guess your going to be looking for a cheep frame and wheelset :(

gntlmn said:
Wow! I'd sure like to have the winter weather and that bike, although I do like cc skiing. :D
How the hell do you ride in Alaska? do you get any good weather apart from cold and snow?

leegregory said:
How the hell do you ride in Alaska? do you get any good weather apart from cold and snow?

jpg.gif