Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

gman0482 said:
Skydiving is adventurous and it's safe. I have my parachute in case I land awkwardly.

Heh. We always used to say, about "going in" (er, failing to have a parachute to slow your fall) that the last 6 inches hurt the most. For the slower, less aware skydivers and for students, it was suggested to "pull when people look like ants because when ants look like people it's too late."

I'll re-phrase what I said: how adventurous can something be if there's no risk of being horribly maimed or killed?

Here's mine. It's a Columbia (Worksop, England) made by ex-Carlton employees just after the factory closed. They set up making frames in a unit on the old Carlton site. I bought the frame in 1982 and used a Puch Prima 12 as the donor bike but have been upgrading (trying to keep it contemporary though) ever since. My latest changes were a Vx rear derailleur and set of Power Shifter levers bought off ebay.
Last photo is the decal from the dealer I bought the frame. H.O. Smith and Sons, Cycle Agents, 63/65 Copley Road, Doncaster. The shop no longer exists as the owner died suddenly in the mid 90's.

alienator said:
I'll re-phrase what I said: how adventurous can something be if there's no risk of being horribly maimed or killed?

I still can name about 15. I am Polish though so maybe I have a defferent view on things.

Example: Chasing down a combine that's driving by, and jumping into the shoot for a free ride to the store. Used to be one of my favorites when I was 12.

Ok, I get the hint, you are going to make me put out the effort to take pics and post them. Well here you go!

The Seal said:
Ok, I get the hint, you are going to make me put out the effort to take pics and post them. Well here you go!

As I'm gettin' on in years, my eyesight's startin' to fail me a bit. Mind tellin' me the manufacturer of the bike you got there? Who makes those snazzy wheels??:D

Regardless, I'd race it...:cool:

The Seal said:

Now you're talkin !! Sweet ride.

If you can write a little background on it, that would be nice too.

Bike4Him said:
The bike's nice but, as a stone mason...where did you take that photo?
That boulder retaining wall is huge. What does it hold back?

Crocosis said:
This is along a bike trail I frequent, it really isn't holding anything back. I will try to get more pics next time out!

I was out on the Trek and tried to take a few shots that showed more of the rock wall!

tonyzackery said:
As I'm gettin' on in years, my eyesight's startin' to fail me a bit. Mind tellin' me the manufacturer of the bike you got there? Who makes those snazzy wheels??:D

Regardless, I'd race it...:cool:

The bike is from AeroCat. They are locaed in Portland Indiana. The wheels are an old set of Zipp 404 I had. Just put some AeroCat decals on them. I picked up the decals from the AeroCat race team.

gman0482 said:
Now you're talkin !! Sweet ride.

If you can write a little background on it, that would be nice too.

People start getting ****** on here if I start telling them about a product. Don't want anyone to think that I am trying to sell them a bike. You can find info if you google AeroCat. Sorry!

Originally Posted by The Seal .

People start getting ****** on here if I start telling them about a product. Don't want anyone to think that I am trying to sell them a bike. You can find info if you google AeroCat. Sorry!
Screw the trolls; post whatever you want. If they don't like it they can have a group therapy session about it.
If what you post is a problem; well, that's why we have actual moderators ;)

Hi. That's a cool bike (I am respraying and building up an early 80s TEAM Raleigh and Saronni) and great history but please put a builder's level on that seat!!

Paul /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif