The Thread about Nothing....

Crankyfeet said:
Does anyone here know of Cadel's background re. where he has lived? I know he was born in Katherine, NT. Did he move out when he went to the AIS? Or when he started competing in mountain biking as a teen? Or did his family move when he was a toddler? Where does he lives now...or does he still live in Katherine?

And I kind of agree with the GT forum on Cadel. His whiny voice and bushy eyebrows makes me hate his guts. And I never understand, like today for example, why he doesn't attack the group at the bottom of the final climb, establish a sizable gap on them... then ride away from them to put say 5-6 minutes on everyone? That would take the pressure off his TT at the end. And also, when he is in the bunch... why doesn't he ride at the front and take all the wind? It would make him look more manly and attractive to the gay cycling fanbase, many of whom are posting in our forum. It's just ridiculously obvious. I've learnt a lot from the in depth knowledge of everyone posting in our GT forum. I think they were/are all pros. Grater is currently a pro cyclist I think. Maybe Adam Hansen if I had to guess.
moved to the Dandenongs outside Melbourne in his youth, think teenage years. Mum and pa divorced. Mum looks like a bohemian type, lives in Arthurs Creek for high school years, sees Tour de France and poppyfields circa 88 on Wide World of Sports with Maxie Walker, and takes up cycling. The semi rural area where he lived was perfect for mtn biking. Came third in jnr world tt on the road in 95, when he was mtb'ing. Ripping legs off riders on beach road and the ringwood ride.

Likeable chap for those that knew him then.

thunder said:
Ripping legs off riders on beach road and the ringwood ride.

Likeable chap for those that knew him then.

+1000

destroyed the field @ VFL Park regularly. Impervious to the wind (of which there was plenty), the little ****.

Tighello nicknamed him "The Lung". Appropriate.

classic1 said:
Van Orsouw, maybe Eddy Boumans? They had a collection of 5" 10" - 6" riders at that time.

Have you had fun slumming it at the BF TdF forum? :D Farkin hell there are some champs over there. :p

Not wanting to prove myself any bigger a cycling nerd but....

the caption sez circa 1992, but I reckon it's actually the 1991 Tour, coz I can see a Histor-Sigma jerey in the bunch. They didn't ride in 1992.

So if it is from 91, Bouwmans didn't ride. No de Koning, either.

PANASONIC-SPORTLIFE
151 DHAENENS Rudy (Bel)
152 EKIMOV Vjatceslav (Rus)
153 FONDRIEST Maurizio (Ita)
154 LUDWIG Olaf (Ger)
155 NULENS Guy (Bel)
156 SERGEANT Marc (Bel)
157 VAN LANCKER Eric (Bel)
158 VAN ORSOUW Marc (Ned)
159 ZDHANOV Dimitri (Rus)

BF is ****. This is much more fun. :D

ed073 said:
Not wanting to prove myself any bigger a cycling nerd but....

the caption sez circa 1992, but I reckon it's actually the 1991 Tour, coz I can see a Histor-Sigma jerey in the bunch. They didn't ride in 1992.

So if it is from 91, Bouwmans didn't ride. No de Koning, either.

PANASONIC-SPORTLIFE
151 DHAENENS Rudy (Bel)
152 EKIMOV Vjatceslav (Rus)
153 FONDRIEST Maurizio (Ita)
154 LUDWIG Olaf (Ger)
155 NULENS Guy (Bel)
156 SERGEANT Marc (Bel)
157 VAN LANCKER Eric (Bel)
158 VAN ORSOUW Marc (Ned)
159 ZDHANOV Dimitri (Rus)

BF is ****. This is much more fun. :D
Too young to be van lancker, sergeant or nulens. Not Olaf or Mau. Too tall for Rudi and Zdhanov. Must be Van Orsouw. Good detective work!

Crankyfeet said:
And I kind of agree with the GT forum on Cadel. His whiny voice and bushy eyebrows makes me hate his guts. And I never understand, like today for example, why he doesn't attack the group at the bottom of the final climb, establish a sizable gap on them... then ride away from them to put say 5-6 minutes on everyone? That would take the pressure off his TT at the end. And also, when he is in the bunch... why doesn't he ride at the front and take all the wind? It would make him look more manly and attractive to the gay cycling fanbase, many of whom are posting in our forum. It's just ridiculously obvious. I've learnt a lot from the in depth knowledge of everyone posting in our GT forum. I think they were/are all pros. Grater is currently a pro cyclist I think. Maybe Adam Hansen if I had to guess.
lol. :D

Crankyfeet said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA....I think?....You've spent to much time in seppoland & it's affected your sense of sarcasm & irony, (both of which seppo's are unable to comprehend), so sometimes I struggle to 'get' which way you're 'swinging'...(apart from being obviously ghey)...please reassure me that you're not serious here?...just so I know! :D

classic1 said:
Stop spouting stupid cliches. You sound like Phil Liggett. You know better than that. I had to give a few of them in the GT forum a severe talking too for mouthing rubbish like that.

BWHAHAHAHA....got ya! :D

Hitchy said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHA....I think?....You've spent to much time in seppoland & it's affected your sense of sarcasm & irony, (both of which seppo's are unable to comprehend), so sometimes I struggle to 'get' which way you're 'swinging'...(apart from being obviously ghey)...please reassure me that you're not serious here?...just so I know! :D
You for real? Too many late nights, I reckon - he's being funny.

I could be wrong though, it's been known to happen. :p

531Aussie said:
Farkin me dead! Is that how you get 'round drinking and driving, or have you lost your license? Or are you one of them inner-city pinko hippy vego lefties who doesn't have a car? :p Riding while ****** is harder that you'd think, hey -- especially at night.

I just went to the Stupormarket and saw 3 stoopid crunts riding in the cold and fog without lights
Why drive when you can ride? We're cyclists remember. :cool:

Only had about 5 beers so I wasn't ******. Kinda wish I was because 3 degrees is a tad chilly to be discovering your 'windproof winter gloves' ain't that windproof.

The city is nice at 2am........no cars......deserted streets........fog.....

Did anyone notice last night that a significant number of the morons running next to the riders were Australian? Geez it made me proud. :rolleyes:

classic1 said:
Did anyone notice last night that a significant number of the morons running next to the riders were Australian? Geez it made me proud. :rolleyes:

Right On!...got an email from a mate who's over there, this morning, "Did ya see me"? ( I didn't)...took 'em 6hrs to get off the Alpe & they rode up from Borg!...with a full esky!...he reckons they should do a TT up the Alpe with eskies on board juts to add a bit of interest!, reckons it was carnage...but geez they had a good time, he picked up too!

Hitchy said:
Right On!...got an email from a mate who's over there, this morning, "Did ya see me"? ( I didn't)...took 'em 6hrs to get off the Alpe & they rode up from Borg!...with a full esky!...he reckons they should do a TT up the Alpe with eskies on board juts to add a bit of interest!, reckons it was carnage...but geez they had a good time, he picked up too!
LOL. She probably smelt like a yeti after camping up there for three days. If she was a euro chick her armpits and legs were probably as hairy as well.

Crankyfeet said:
I've learnt a lot from the in depth knowledge of everyone posting in our GT forum. I think they were/are all pros. Grater is currently a pro cyclist I think. Maybe Adam Hansen if I had to guess.
Hasnen posts on Weight Weenies as 'Zakeen', but he hasn't been on there since the 13th of April, so I think he's too busy to sit on forums at the moment

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/search.php?search_author=zakeen

Crankyfeet said:
And I kind of agree with the GT forum on Cadel. And I never understand, like today for example, why he doesn't attack the group at the bottom of the final climb, establish a sizable gap on them... then ride away from them to put say 5-6 minutes on everyone? .
I don't really know, but I don't think he can do that to those guys. He's not a pure climber, like most of those other twigs that were around him last night. He couldn't get away from most of those guys on a mountain.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, :p but even Indurain couldn't always keep up with the pure climbers. Maybe he let them go coz he knew he could put many minutes into guys like LeBlanc in a long time trial....

classic1 said:
LOL. She probably smelt like a yeti after camping up there for three days. If she was a euro chick her armpits and legs were probably as hairy as well.

I'm tipping you're right....especially knowing my mate,.....t'is funny, he's the fussiest bloke I've ever met about what he puts his **** on, bike wise...yet not what he puts his **** in! :D

classic1 said:
Coke came out of my nose...
biggrin.gif

frown.gif
Bloody burns you know.

Hitchy said:
I can assure you that I am not serious...... ly ghey.

Holy heck... I thought it was so OTT on the sarcasm meter that it lost all funniness. What strange seppo-sarcasm style have I acquired without knowing it? And Nev was agreeing with me as well...
confused.gif

Crankyfeet said:
I can assure you that I am not serious...... ly ghey.

Holy heck... I thought it was so OTT on the sarcasm meter that it lost all funniness. What strange seppo-sarcasm style have I acquired without knowing it? And Nev was agreeing with me as well...
confused.gif
I actually skimmed it and thought WTF, then I read it properly. :p :)

BTW, you are supposed to snort coke up your nose, not out of it.

classic1 said:
I actually skimmed it and thought WTF, then I read it properly. :p :)

BTW, you are supposed to snort coke up your nose, not out of it.
I just read it again... and I think the serious first paragraph put people off.... deliberately...
biggrin.gif

I sense the forum is missing Lance and looking for a new Lance Armstrong, in the form of Cadel Evans, to group-hate. And we Aussie's are destined to be treated like TheBlueTrain, Saluki, Musette, Trek_Athlete, etc...
frown.gif
biggrin.gif

Hitchy's and Classic's posts in Cadel's defence, which I was proud to read, citing his giving to charity and impressing young girls on rides, may not have helped the Lance analogies and typecasting...
frown.gif
tongue.gif

Crankyfeet said:
I just read it again... and I think the serious first paragraph put people off.... deliberately...
biggrin.gif

I sense the forum is missing Lance and looking for a new Lance Armstrong, in the form of Cadel Evans, to group-hate. And we Aussie's are destined to be treated like TheBlueTrain, Saluki, Musette, Trek_Athlete, etc...
frown.gif
biggrin.gif

Hitchy's and Classic's posts in Cadel's defence, which I was proud to read, citing his giving to charity and impressing young girls on rides, may not have helped the Lance analogies and typecasting...
frown.gif
tongue.gif
Nah, it's the whiny voice and the fact that he's an ugly bugger that are responsible.

Personally, I don't like him, but I do hope he wins. I find the "wheelsucker" comments a bit puzzling, the guy is obviously riding his race to suit his strengths and weaknesses and maximise his chances of a good result. If that means he doesn't take a turn at the front, then so be it, why villify him for it? I bet if he had taken off up the road and blown himself up, thus costing him any chance of winning, everyone would be calling him an idiot, etc, etc.