The Thread about Nothing....

Albert 50 said:
Gawd I thought you must have been dissected :eek:
Stay tuned....
Colonoscopy last Wed.
See the doc this Wed.
We'll see what he says.

No, have been in Cairns completing construction.
Took four months to get the Phone connected, still no internet access.
Spent many a day there at Bunnings buying half the store and the rest looking for a nice steely fixy. Giving up, its too hard to find one. Might bring one from here up when I go next. Saw a Schwinn as an alternative, but then saw Burn after Reading and it put me off 'em.:p.

531Aussie said:
hee hee! This is pretty funny :)

CN -- "Who was the meanest racer?"

Parkin -- "Definitely Jelle Nijdam. I hated the guy. I got punched by him in races a few times! He didn't care for me much and made it known. Was it because I'm an American? Not sure, really. I had a unique position on the bike, was quiet and didn't make much noise. He was a loudmouth. Still hate him, actually."
Poor Jelle. Reckon he had to put up with one too many of these cnutgnuts.

How much of a sad seppo love in has CN become. We need to fire up the TAN editorial team and start producing some rool aussie content.

better run or ill miss the special bus again.

Good morning history buffs ...... did you know that the inventor of morse code was born on this day back in 1791? :D

531Aussie said:
CN -- "Who was the meanest racer?"

Parkin -- "Definitely Jelle Nijdam. I hated the guy. I got punched by him in races a few times! He didn't care for me much and made it known. Was it because I'm an American? Not sure, really. I had a unique position on the bike, was quiet and didn't make much noise. He was a loudmouth. Still hate him, actually."
Geez, for a quiet, contemplative guy he sure did take his time to figure that chestnut out.

classic1 said:
Jelle Nijdam. Gun prologue rider and one of the few blokes ever who could attack in the last 3km and hold a off a peloton in full flight.
You could never really tell how fast he was going in a prologue until he crossed the line. His facial expressions were the same whether he was in the start house or rolling 54x12 over at a decent rate of knots and his upper body was always perfectly still, almost to the extent that a cadaver would move about the same. Wasn't his dad pretty handy on a bike too?

One for fanboy Vader's bedroom wall.
58_jelle_nijdam_valpartij.jpg

swampy1970 said:
You could never really tell how fast he was going in a prologue until he crossed the line. His facial expressions were the same whether he was in the start house or rolling 54x12 over at a decent rate of knots and his upper body was always perfectly still, almost to the extent that a cadaver would move about the same. Wasn't his dad pretty handy on a bike too?
One for fanboy Vader's bedroom wall.

Good pursuiter. Was a world or Olympic champ IIRC

swampy1970 said:
People here keep telling me that the UK has a brilliant health care system. When they finally shut up I tell them that I'm from England and that, unless you need urgent emergency care, the NHS sucks. Overthere the doc will just give you a bottle of pills and tell you to be on your way. Here, if you tell the doc you want to know what you've got, he'll stick a swab whereever you're having issues and in a couple of days you find out and in the meantime you'll be given something based upon 'best guess' following an actual examination.
Hmm, I see. We keep getting told how great our system is compared to other countries, but I'd say our GP setup seems to be similar in most cases, which is: in and out as quick as possible, get a bottle of pills, and you're lucky if you get more than one sentence out, let alone have them listen to you. :D Sorry, Maggy

swampy1970 said:
That is me - but I would have thought something about round (531 tandem - non-butted) tubes, old campag shamals and the 1992 USA Olympic team issue descente "bat suit" may have given the game away as to it not being a recent photo. It's like a tease on a dating website - yo look, it's me like 5 decades ago... or something like that. :D Currently working on getting back into that kind of shape. The power is getting there - the gut, well, that's being a little more stubborn.
Hmm, that pic is so small that I've never noticed all those details :)

swampy1970 said:
Nah, not Fran Drescher (Bobbi Flekman) - the chick who was David St Hubbins' girlfriend... the one who became the bands manager after Ian Faith stopped beating the **** outa TVs with his cricket bat.
Ah, right. I forgot all about her. Ah yeah, I reckon we've still go a few down here who look like that -- why not? :)

spinaltap.jpg

swampy1970 said:
His facial expressions were the same whether he was in the start house or rolling 54x12 over at a decent rate of knots
Same as Jens Voight? :D He always has this expression

JensVoight.jpg

1988 Paris-Roubaix

Bob Roll (7-11), Dominique Gaigne (System U), John Talen (Panasonic), Ludo Peeters (Superconfex), Fons de Wolf (ADR), Jorg Muller (Swiss champ, PDM).

classic1 said:
1988 Paris-Roubaix

Bob Roll (7-11), Dominique Gaigne (System U), John Talen (Panasonic), Ludo Peeters (Superconfex), Fons de Wolf (ADR), Jorg Muller (Swiss champ, PDM).
:eek:

We have to fly Qantas. Qantas never crashed.

:p :eek: ;) :D

classic1 said:
1988 Paris-Roubaix

Jeezuz! You're farkin good, or was that an easy one? I didn't know none of them, and I only knew it was Roll coz his name is in the web adderss :)

531Aussie said:
Hmm, I see. We keep getting told how great our system is compared to other countries, but I'd say our GP setup seems to be similar in most cases, which is: in and out as quick as possible, get a bottle of pills, and you're lucky if you get more than one sentence out, let alone have them listen to you. :D Sorry, Maggy
Nothing to do with the GP setup and everything to do with the GP.

I used to love it in the ED when we'd get people sent in by their GP with problems that the GP could have sorted out if he/she had actually used their brain. :rolleyes:

BTW, I'm not and have never been a GP - always been hospital based.