The Thread about Nothing....

They're making kids sit NEXT to Santa rather than on his lap these days I hear... What the serious **** is going on there?

If you can't trust a Santa not to indecently assault children when they're on his lap, I point the finger square at the people who are hiring him.

It isn't as if the kids are asking for Hey Dad box sets or Rolf Harris art... ****.

Originally Posted by gplama

If you can't trust a Santa not to indecently assault children when they're on his lap.....
....and when there are 200 parents there watching...

Classo, don't read this. You'll cry.

So Jane Bunn has left whatever it was she was doing, WinTV weather? And is now the CH7 weather girl. Well, more than a girl. A lot more. Crikey. What gets me is her over animation of delivering the weather. Sure, she's added a more technical analysis than Lavinia could ever read off an auto-cue. But farkkk.... she is just a little too excited about rising moisture levels in the atmosphere. I take a keen interest in weather, and females... she's just a little too... much in her delivery. The wardrobe department are going to have to get creative. There are only so many dresses that look like Hessian bags.

I also have no idea what the weather is going to be tomorrow after watching her segment.

I never said I was a Jane Bunn fan Lama. I'm a fan of her tits. And yes, channel 7s wardrobe department need shooting. They better lift their game before I go on and win shitloads of cash on Million Dollar Minute

Dead pool fail. Pugsley dead! http://m.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/the-addams-familys-pugsley-ken-weatherwax-dead-at-59-20141209-1237xt.html Not sure he's really famous enough for deadpool anyway

lVVRfL0.jpg

I've been doing the "ice" bath thing (cold water with a few ice packs hanging around my thighs), and I reckon it works, despite what the new studies day.

My legs feel heaps less sore after, and on subsequent days, but i've got no idea if reduced soreness translates to improved performance. I suppose a placebo is a placebo, if that's all it's doing.

A new study said that warm baths are just as effective, but I've never tried so one, so perhaps they do work. I guess anything that generates blood flow may be effective.

I'm not a physiologist, my mate is.... but that's beside the point.... What you're experiencing is a reduction in post exercise inflammation. And here's where you're ****ing it up. Reduced soreness translates to non improving muscular performance. Muscles get micro tares during exercise, they inflame, repair, adapt to the load. The standard training effect, adaptation. Assuming you're stocked well with enough nutrients to ensure the process works as designed by evolution. Icing your legs reduces the inflammation, hindering the repair process to an extent, leading to LESS adaptation. If the muscle doesn't need to "repair itself" as much, you won't adapt as much. For stage races, back to back competition, etc, when you're peaking, ice baths and recovery placebos are fine. For the other 95% of the time when you want to get better, to adapt.. then you're taking a step backwards. Have a protein shake, eat good carbs, suck it up and have sore legs. You're a cyclist. We have the right to ride for hours for 'fun' then complain walking up 10 stairs ****ing hurts.
You're welcome.

Dr Llama

Reactions: steve
This is a good pic. Since when did you start getting a tan? :) The little guy in the black and red Hampton stuff races at Southern. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a good climber.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SHxEr_v4Dzs/VIVEUokqRfI/AAAAAAAAGvI/-G2iolrqMVM/s1600/ToB_Shane-1.jpg

ToB_Shane-1.jpg

I'm not a physiologist, my mate is.... but that's beside the point.... What you're experiencing is a reduction in post exercise inflammation. And here's where you're ****ing it up. Reduced soreness translates to non improving muscular performance. Muscles get micro tares during exercise, they inflame, repair, adapt to the load. The standard training effect, adaptation. Assuming you're stocked well with enough nutrients to ensure the process works as designed by evolution. Icing your legs reduces the inflammation, hindering the repair process to an extent, leading to LESS adaptation. If the muscle doesn't need to "repair itself" as much, you won't adapt as much. For stage races, back to back competition, etc, when you're peaking, ice baths and recovery placebos are fine. For the other 95% of the time when you want to get better, to adapt.. then you're taking a step backwards. Have a protein shake, eat good carbs, suck it up and have sore legs. You're a cyclist. We have the right to ride for hours for 'fun' then complain walking up 10 stairs ****ing hurts.
Bewdy. Now I have an excuse not to do them. Ha.

Ah, the mysteries of recovery, especially when you age.

I usually do the Tuesday night Beach Road smashfest, which is short and sharp (only ~21km), but I grind out another 20 or 30km, then roll home the last 10, usually for a total of 60km; then race on thursday nights, after a very easy Wed ride of anywhere from 25 to 50km, depending on the weather, the perving quality, or who I bump into.

I've had **** Thursday races after doing everything "right", and good races after doing everything "wrong" (doing too much on Tue and Wed, then not eating and sleeping properly), but I've also had good races after doing everything right,....and everything in between. I'm beginning to think it's just luck or biorhythms . :)

Lots of stuff on the webternet about my take on it too.....

http://triathlon.competitor.com/2013/02/training/rethinking-ice-baths-and-ibuprofen_70442
Thanks

Hi Cycling Community,

Give me 10 minutes of your precious time and support me with my Masterthesis!

Shape the Future of E-Commerce – and win prizes
mail
YOUR support is needed!
The survey takes only 7-10 minutes.
Your answers will be beneficial to lots of people in addition to supporting and shaping the results of my Masterthesis!
Thank you very much for your support!
Kindest regards and Merry Christmas!

Originally Posted by cclinginnovatio
Hi Cycling Community,
Ah, how you know my name?

I've answered three questions so far, and I can see where it's going: either to an Adidas infomercial or a survey for you to get free info on shopping habits, right?
Do I get an Adidas voucher at the end?

Hi Cycling Community,
Summary: it's a "survey" to fish if people would use, and find useful, an online Adidas bib sizing prediction thingy, called "perfect fit" .

For you, sir:
1) experienced cyclists know what size they are, so I can't see that they'd need it. However, newbie cyclists, especially those who don't wanna squeeze their fat cans into lycra in front of staff, might find it useful.

2) My experience of buying probably more than 50 pairs of bibs has taught me that the shapes and sizing varies more than anything in the whole farkin world, even within one brand. Therefore, I'd be reluctant to buy bibs online, unless I had a lot of experience with the brand, and if it was a total steal.

Now, where's that free voucher?

Thx for your feedback, I hope you left the comment as well in the survey!

And FYI there are different groups in the survey so not everyone is asked the same ;)

Thx for your feedback, I hope you left the comment as well in the survey!
Nah, I didn't get to that bit; it stayed on the "100% complete" page for ages.

For my "Well, I Never Farkin Knew....." segment

I never farkin knew that Black Magic Woman (Santana) was a Fleetwood Mac song, written in the late '60s by Peter Green, way before Stevie Nicks and Buckingham joined the band.

I never farkin knew that the bass player for Midnight Oil, Bones Hillman (Wayne Stevens), was also the bass player in The Swingers (Counting the Beat was their biggest song). I also didn't know he was a Kiwi.

I never farkin knew that this was a dude singing this version of I Can See Clearly Now.

0.jpg