Top Speed Down Hill's

I've only been riding for a few days now and I've managed 39 mph going downhill.

wardie2000 said:
96km/h coming down the Col d'Ares in the pyrenees(france)
that must be great living in the pyrenees, I live in a almost completely flat part of ohio, but I've hit 51 going a really steep hill.

b4 i put a new bottom bearing i did 45mph down lindum hill in lincoln (its one of the biggest hills in lincoln) but i beat that by doing 55mph and it was alot of fun

is that 55 down lindum hill, if so - wow.... nice brakes at the bottom! btw speed limit is 30... lol .

I did 42.5 the other week down a large hill near grantham.

i slowed just in time for the speed camera im going to see if the new paint jub and my new speedo will make it faster hopfully so btw the paint job is only temp(ive gone matt black untill roberto gets better with his airbrush

wow my first post and im already bragging :eek:

Max Speed - 107km/h (down willunga hill) with matt d
Longest Distance - 167.3km
Highest Avg - 36.8 km/h
Longest time - 6hr 29min
Hottest Day - 42 deg
Coldest Day - 10 deg
Fastest 200m fly - 10.68sec
fastest kilo - 1:07
fastest 40km road - 1:07:36

i hit 55mph coasting down brasstown bald, the highest mountain in Georgia, i probobly got going that fast on the 22% straight section.

rayner said:
88kph (55mph) as a 16 year old, 52x13 was in a race, fairly long hill but technical and not all that steep. Was sprinting to get across to a break.

76kph (47.5mph) as a 14 year old 39x13 out training.
63.2 MPH on a 9 miler with an average of about 10%, and a long straight section. Then I turned around an went back up at around 11 MPH. HA

bikedude40k said:
63.2 MPH on a 9 miler with an average of about 10%, and a long straight section. Then I turned around an went back up at around 11 MPH. HA
Oh, and by the way:
Fastest 40km tt: 57:21 minutes, do the math
Fastest on a flat road: No idea: I'm no sprinter
Fastest 5 mile tt: 9:52- I was smoking fast, killer, caught my minute man
Fastest kilometer: no idea, I go fast training a lot, but maybe slightly over a minute?
Fastest Average: 34 MPH with a hefty tailwind
Fastest Mile Run: 4:27
Longest distance: 164 miles, rolling hills
Hardest day: That one race I won.
Hottest Day: 133 deg. F
Coldest Day: 19 deg. F

56mph. I actually caught a car... I was to scared to look down. I kept thinking about how much skin I'd lose if something broke...

I've got a hill I train on a lot that's usually good for 40mph in a nice tuck. Has a 90 degree corner at the bottom that leads right onto the highway... :eek:

I think it's fun to see how much faster you can go tucked, or sitting straight up on the same hill. It's pretty fascinating. Also, when to finally just give up and quit peddling.

Someone said at nationals we hit 72 mph going down this one hill. It was more like 65 mph though.

I've gone 80.5km/h with my old steel frame (that's 50.01mp/h). I prefer speeding on flat road or uphill though...

I went down a hill in bendigo called one tree hill, it's about 2km climb then have a rest at the top , then flaten it down got 76km/h last month. im 17 at the moment, when i was 15 my top speed down it was 40, i've come a long way.

105MPH (with a rope hanging from a car:)
it still pulled me on the overpass......

i got hit by a parked car....

motorex259 said:
105MPH (with a rope hanging from a car:)
it still pulled me on the overpass......

i got hit by a parked car....
There is no bloody way you got going 105 mph!!! By then I would think that the ball bearings would have started smoking and your wheels would have just fallen off. I don't believe it, honeslty.

lol..... that is how i lost my bike.... i am an idiot, my parents wont let me spend at 5$ on bike stuff again since then....

lol........ it didnt say did you get any injuries during that speed, me hand bleeding...... becides, its called taking care of a bike, you take care of the bike, the bike will work.