Wearing the LiveSTRONG yellow wrist band?

davidmc said:
Won't wear one, don't care one way or the other about armstrong.You people have gone overboard on this issue. Accept it !!!
It's people like you who won't wake up to the problems about a disease until if affects you or someone you know. If cancer had affected someone you know, you would care about livestrong.

davidmc said:
Won't wear one, don't care one way or the other about armstrong.You people have gone overboard on this issue. Accept it !!!

Most of us here are from the US (not all) but most. We go overboard on most everthings. Ain't it grand!!!!! Thats what we are! Accept IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!infinity!

davidmc said:

Did someone mistakenly advise you that the $1 price goes to Lance Armstrong? It's for cancer and overboard is what life is all about. Lance Armstong goes overboard with his training. The researchers are going overboard looking for better ways to treat cancer and anyone willing to pay a thousand dollars or more on a bicycle has definitely gone overboard!

I know the word "extreme" is supposed to be an insult and a warning now days and that's just another word for overboard. I was kind of under the impression that statements like, "Give me liberty or give me death" were rather extreme statements but somehow, once it's been written into the history of the nation, then it's a good thing. It's only any form of extremism now that's not good, right?

As far as Armstrong goes; I don't know him. Maybe I'd like him. Maybe I wouldn't. It's really not an issue. I like the way he rides and the way he beats the pants off the cry-babies in Europe who would rather shake fingers and launch unfounded allegations than to put away the roast beef and beer or wine and start training like their career depended on it.

JTEK said:
It's people like you who won't wake up to the problems about a disease until if affects you or someone you know. If cancer had affected someone you know, you would care about livestrong.
give me a break, does it matter where the $ comes frm ? no, it does'nt. You're telling "people like me" more about yourself than you realize.

Beastt said:
Did someone mistakenly advise you that the $1 price goes to Lance Armstrong? It's for cancer and overboard is what life is all about. Lance Armstong goes overboard with his training. The researchers are going overboard looking for better ways to treat cancer and anyone willing to pay a thousand dollars or more on a bicycle has definitely gone overboard!

I know the word "extreme" is supposed to be an insult and a warning now days and that's just another word for overboard. I was kind of under the impression that statements like, "Give me liberty or give me death" were rather extreme statements but somehow, once it's been written into the history of the nation, then it's a good thing. It's only any form of extremism now that's not good, right?

As far as Armstrong goes; I don't know him. Maybe I'd like him. Maybe I wouldn't. It's really not an issue. I like the way he rides and the way he beats the pants off the cry-babies in Europe who would rather shake fingers and launch unfounded allegations than to put away the roast beef and beer or wine and start training like their career depended on it.
if you read my previous post you would know that i don't contend that any of the $1 goes to anything but the cause. Go 2 the "10 reasons 2 dislike LA" post if you want my view of the individual.

davidmc said:
give me a break, does it matter where the $ comes frm ? no, it does'nt. You're telling "people like me" more about yourself than you realize.
What am I telling, 'people like you', about me? What exactly is your reason for not wanting to wear a Livestrong wristband? What did my post have to do with anything about where the money came from? Of course no one is going to make you donate to charities, but atleast for this one you get something back... and something you should wear with pride while being a cyclist... but if you have too much self-pride to accept that there are others suffering with a life threatening disease out there, just to not wear a livestrong band/give up one dollar, well... ok...

davidmc said:
accent added
davidmc said:
if you read my previous post you would know that i don't contend that any of the $1 goes to anything but the cause. Go 2 the "10 reasons 2 dislike LA" post if you want my view of the individual.

If you read your previous post, it would appear that you feel the connection is between the wrist bands and Armstrong rather than the wrist bands and cancer.

I wear it and think a variety of different things.
I wear it while riding because it reminds me that I'm fortunate to be healthy enough to ride my bike.
I wear it so when I'm suffering in a paceline I can look down at my wrist and find inspiration.
I wear it because I think they are cool.
I like yellow. :)
Not quite as much as green. :D
I wear it beacuse I'm not concerned weather or not people will think I wear it because "I want to be on the bandwagon".

I wear it because I think someone (a person or company) who is willing to raise money for a good cause derserves the publicity that it's going to give them.

Here's the real question tho. Where do you wear yours? I wear mine on my right wrist. I've seen them worn on ankles too!

gdiza said:
sdorrity, would you be interested in sending me 2 via mail? please?
its not much of a "thing" in your area, hell, i can't even get them here in south africa!
plz!!??

You have mail

Steve D

I wear mine everyday. I think Lance is amazing. I have been in remission for 8 months now and everyday that wrist band reminds me what I am capable of.

What great news!

That's what this is about guys, living strong and fighting this devastating disease. It's not about Lance, it's about fighting the fight against the cancer in your body or being strong for your Mom when she breaks down because the treatments are sooo devastating, in other words standing strong and not giving in.
If it helps having a plastic band on your wrist, what's the harm?

Ever since I got my yellow band I see them every where. I don't know if I've just started noticing or if they're becoming more popular. I hope people aren't just using them as a fashion statement. I hope they know why they were it. I know I do.

JTEK said:
It's kinda sad that 9 people wouldn't wear it if it were given to them... do they just hate Armstrong so much that they won't even support a foundation for a disease that kills millions?...
Did you see ? It's up to 11 now. yipee !!!

davidmc said:
Did you see ? It's up to 11 now. yipee !!!

Yep! 170 votes from folks that either are or would like to be wearing one vs. 28 votes from people that aren't and/or wouldn't wear one. It's close!!!

My wifes father passed away from cancer a year ago... he was a great man. He actually is the one who gave me my cannondale. Does anybody know what stores sell them, or do you have to get them online?

USMCUglyAngel said:
My wifes father passed away from cancer a year ago... he was a great man. He actually is the one who gave me my cannondale. Does anybody know what stores sell them, or do you have to get them online?
You can buy them at Niketowns, Nike outlets, Foot Locker locations and sporting goods stores across the U.S.

But usually they're sold out everywhere you go... I would just buy them online (even though you have to buy 10 at a time) because I'm assuming that 100% of the profit goes to LAF rather than some going to the store that's selling them. Plus you can just give them out to your friends. And don't buy any counterfits off ebay!

I hadn't heard of them until I started looking at this site. And I hadn't seen one until Monday evening. I was working at my second job (waiting tables at a Mexican restaurant) and a customer at one of my tables had one on. I asked if I could see it and he obliged. When I returned to the table a little later on he gave it to me. I've been wearing it since.