Who are you Supporting in the FIFA World Cup 2006?

...okay, i was cheering for holland, but this match was a freaking joy to watch...even though holland had time of possession, it was argentina's match, beautiful on the counter-attack, nice flow with the ball, they made holland look disoriented. hat's off for tevez, very disruptive up the left side and when pushing in on the post. a player to be marked at all times. could be that i get my christmas wish and see an argentina v. brasil final!

slovakguy said:
...okay, i was cheering for holland, but this match was a freaking joy to watch...even though holland had time of possession, it was argentina's match, beautiful on the counter-attack, nice flow with the ball, they made holland look disoriented. hat's off for tevez, very disruptive up the left side and when pushing in on the post. a player to be marked at all times. could be that i get my christmas wish and see an argentina v. brasil final!
Watch out ! My grandmother is throwing her Clogs and yelling something in Dutch. Actually, she has pass on but she must be raising Cain up there somewhere.

Argentina, very good team. Argentina vs. Brazil would be a very good match if it were to happen.

et al ?
How can you tell which side of the bracket they(team) will go on ?
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/bracket.html

lw

lwedge said:
et al ?
How can you tell which side of the bracket they(team) will go on ?
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/bracket.html

lw

Winner A plays Runner Up B
Winner B plays Runner Up A etc.
In that way any two teams in round 1 could conceivable play each other in the final match.

So they start the elimination chart on the left side going Winner A vs Runner Up B Winner C vs Runner Up D etc and then on the other side it's Runner Up A vs Winner B.

Argentina will play Mexico in the next round.
Holland will play Portugal in the next round.

DiabloScott said:
Winner A plays Runner Up B
Winner B plays Runner Up A etc.
limerickman said:
Ah I see, you follow the numbers on the Round of 16 boxes. Oh Sh*t! The U.S. will be playing Brazil in round 2 (you have to think positive... Right? :D ).

Thanks,

lwedge said:
Ah I see, you follow the numbers on the Round of 16 boxes. Oh Sh*t! The U.S. will be playing Brazil in round 2 (you have to think positive... Right? :D ).

Thanks,

You never know - on the day the most unexpected results can (and do) happen.
Scotland beat Brazil in 1974 - they weren't fancied to do well.

Australia V USA final !!

lwedge said:
LOL...
Bill Clinton in Maillot Jaun
Jimmy Cricket in KOM
Keith Richards in Green

:D
What's so funny about that?! I'm sure if ol' Keith were properly tanked up, he'd hammer a mean sprint.

lwedge said:
LOL...
Bill Clinton in Maillot Jaun
Jimmy Cricket in KOM
Keith Richards in Green

:D
What's so funny about that?! I'm sure if ol' Keith were properly tanked up, he'd hammer a mean sprint.

limerickman said:

Australia V USA final !!

Yeah, it sure would be a major upset to see a team like the USA in the final! :D

limerickman said:

Australia V USA final !!

Yeah, it sure would be a major upset to see a team like the USA in the final! :D

limerickman said:
you gotta fancy argentina in that clash, but i wouldnt completely rule out the Mexicans. They looked pretty good against an under strength Portugal and have beaten the argies in the recent past...

my money is on mexico, but i gotta do that because the missus is from there. that and the fact that as an englishman i gotta want the argies to go crashing out!

limerickman said:
you gotta fancy argentina in that clash, but i wouldnt completely rule out the Mexicans. They looked pretty good against an under strength Portugal and have beaten the argies in the recent past...

my money is on mexico, but i gotta do that because the missus is from there. that and the fact that as an englishman i gotta want the argies to go crashing out!

limerickman said:
Amazing matches..

Holland and Argentina will go through i think, we could be in for a re-run of last nights game in a couple of weeks time.

As for a Brazil Argentina final, that is possible but Brazil will have to get thier finger out, theer are tough matches ahead for them. Its always the case though, Brazil will beat Argentina easily despite recent form. Bazil always step thier game up when playing thier oldest rivals, its like Spain V Portugal, England V Germany etc...

limerickman said:
Amazing matches..

Holland and Argentina will go through i think, we could be in for a re-run of last nights game in a couple of weeks time.

As for a Brazil Argentina final, that is possible but Brazil will have to get thier finger out, theer are tough matches ahead for them. Its always the case though, Brazil will beat Argentina easily despite recent form. Bazil always step thier game up when playing thier oldest rivals, its like Spain V Portugal, England V Germany etc...

I guess I must have been the only guy out there supporting Tim Henman. The match drove me crazy too as Tim always gets so damned close and then his game falls apart. Initially he was playing really well and then it started to go downhill.
I recall that's what happened to Mcenroe in his twilight years.
As for Andy Murray, he won't be supporting England in the World Cup so he upset a lot of folks.

****. i want to vomit now after that foul-turned-PK. :( US has to score at least 2 to advance. sigh....

edit: congrats to ghana. i wish them the best. they possess the ball much better than i expected. (is that how you say it?) and their counter-attack is pretty decent. it's too bad we couldn't get the W since italy did their job.

Wurm said:
Yes, and he already has the blood transfusion process in place. :D

MountainPro said:
Amazing matches..

Brazil and Ghana might be a good matchup in the 16. Ghana's a feisty little team.

lwedge said:
Brazil and Ghana might be a good matchup in the 16. Ghana's a feisty little team.

Aye, I like watching Ghana. Feisty is just the word, and they can play too ! :)