Who else thinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
gman0482 said:
That is true, you're right, but do you think that overall Radioshack did well ? I think they finished 13th.

I hardly noticed them on the last two stages. LA did that stupid attack during the week, I guess it got some TV time :confused:

Teams classification

1 Ag2R La Mondiale 56:22:45
2 Caisse d'Epargne 0:00:02
3 Garmin - Transitions 0:00:29
4 Team Katusha 0:00:32
5 HTC-Columbia 0:00:51
6 Team Radioshack 0:00:56
7 Astana 0:00:58
8 Liquigas Doimo 0:01:08
9 Francaise Des Jeux 0:01:40
10 Milram 0:02:02
11 BMC Racing Team 0:02:07
12 Footon-Servetto-Fuji 0:02:29
13 Euskaltel - Euskadi 0:04:11
14 Team Sky 0:04:24
15 Team Saxo Bank 0:04:36
16 Uni SA - Australia 0:05:15
17 Rabobank 0:08:02
18 Omega Pharma - Lotto 0:12:50
19 Quick Step 0:19:04

Go _______ Schleck!

There is a point where the volume of talk about Armstrong gets pretty ridiculous.

alienator said:
Go _______ Schleck!

There is a point where the volume of talk about Armstrong gets pretty ridiculous.

than don't mention him, brightness. and i disagree, he's probably one of the only human beings alive worth mentioning ten times a day.

gman0482 said:
I'll still be rooting for him, but if Lance's efforts will be anything like the TDU, good luck to him. I understand that his excuse was to just introduce the team in Australia, and to "train and practice", but he didn't look too promising in 25th place, IMO.

At least your only rooting for, it seems like someone else is doin ( wanting ) more than that. Radio shack may get a podium but that'll be it, I think contador and the shleck brothers will be the ones to beat.

Seriously though road house it's good to have sporting heroes and all, and he's definately and inspirational person, but I think your goin just a tad overboard

I agree that it is way too early in the season to make a decision about podium spots at the Tour de France.
However, the only way Radioshack finishes 1,2,3 on the podium, is that no other teams show up.
If Levi hadn't crashed out of the race last year, I think Astana would have had a decent shot at
1,2,3(Contador, Leipheimer, and Kloden). No, no one but Contador could have kept up with
Andy and Frank Scheck in the mountains that day.

burninglegs said:
I agree that it is way too early in the season to make a decision about podium spots at the Tour de France.
However, the only way Radioshack finishes 1,2,3 on the podium, is that no other teams show up.
If Levi hadn't crashed out of the race last year, I think Astana would have had a decent shot at
1,2,3(Contador, Leipheimer, and Kloden). No, no one but Contador could have kept up with
Andy and Frank Scheck in the mountains that day.

you're fishing, ain'thca? i'm willing to bet that it's not to early in Big Lances' life to predict that he will win the Tour. After all, it's not about the bike and never has been. And he's said he wants it so what else is there to predict?

Scotttri said:
At least your only rooting for, it seems like someone else is doin ( wanting ) more than that. Radio shack may get a podium but that'll be it, I think contador and the shleck brothers will be the ones to beat.

Seriously though road house it's good to have sporting heroes and all, and he's definately and inspirational person, but I think your goin just a tad overboard

There you go. Andy Schleck is the real deal. Plus, they've had, in the past, the coolest saddles in the world. I wonder if Andy and Frank claim to be on a mission from God?

Schleck%20saddle.jpg

As for the rest of the discussion, I think "Big Lance" is the sort of name you hear in a leather S/M bar, not exactly how I or likely many other people imagine Armstrong, with the exception of maybe one.

OK, I don't like fishing and I usually like some more information before I make up my mind.
I predict that RadioShack will not have a podium finish. Alberto will be first, A Schleck second, V Nibali third.
Just because you want it doesn't make it so

Deep, deep down inside the very depths of my soul, I know and have come to accept that in this year's TdF, the yellow jersey wearer will be king, when it's all said and done.

alienator said:
There you go. Andy Schleck is the real deal. Plus, they've had, in the past, the coolest saddles in the world. I wonder if Andy and Frank claim to be on a mission from God?

Schleck%20saddle.jpg

As for the rest of the discussion, I think "Big Lance" is the sort of name you hear in a leather S/M bar, not exactly how I or likely many other people imagine Armstrong, with the exception of maybe one.

it came from The Big Six, you know, the video of when he wanted the Tours so bad it happened, repeatedly. whoulda thought that? and it fits.

burninglegs said:
OK, I don't like fishing and I usually like some more information before I make up my mind.
I predict that RadioShack will not have a podium finish. Alberto will be first, A Schleck second, V Nibali third.
Just because you want it doesn't make it so

you mean like those seven times that he wanted them? eight by my count. and i agree, just because you want something doesn't make it so, you have to work and work and work for it, like those seven other times. eight by my count.
Lance first and i don't care one way or the other who podiums beneath him, it doesn't matter.

King Cav ??? I can see that, or Contador, but sorry, I can't see LA on the podium. The furthest stretch would be 3rd, but that's a faaaar one. And where do you see eight wins ? 2010 ?

gman0482 said:
King Cav ??? I can see that, or Contador, but sorry, I can't see LA on the podium. The furthest stretch would be 3rd, but that's a faaaar one. And where do you see eight wins ? 2010 ?

his four years off and within two years back on the podium. i consider his 'third' place a victory by an enourmous stretch, doesn't say a lot for the rest of the riders that he could take that kind of time off and finish in front of all of them. and btw, the word has it that Big Lance is saying that he is now in the best shape of his life. rumor mill but i wouldn't doubt it and that is after seven first places at the age of 39. Just wait 'till Kona, the entire world will shift in it's orbit let alone the Tour.

roadhouse said:
his four years off and within two years back on the podium. i consider his 'third' place a victory by an enourmous stretch, doesn't say a lot for the rest of the riders that he could take that kind of time off and finish in front of all of them. and btw, the word has it that Big Lance is saying that he is now in the best shape of his life. rumor mill but i wouldn't doubt it and that is after seven first places at the age of 39. Just wait 'till Kona, the entire world will shift in it's orbit let alone the Tour.

Perhaps the rest of the riders didn't dope with a blood bag on the rest day?

biker jk said:

oh, you don't know me too well, do you? you had best be prepared for a lifelong fight, one that you will not win if you really care to go that route...:D

he's not a doper, he's a worker. works harder than the rest, always has, always will.

i wonder if you Aussies debate on whether or not Macca ( or caca as i know of her, er, him) dopes. do you?

biker jk said:

Well said biker JK.

Some people forget that even though there are almost 200 riders in the TdF, only 20 may have a shot at finishing on the podium due to the DS application of their skills, race schedule, age, pecking order on the team, funds available to dope. So the top 20 only really worry about the other 19 when racing, even if said young, worker bee is stronger. So to say that one recently retired rider returning to beat all those other pros..."what does that say about them" is not fair or congruent with logic. Naive actually.

And, yes Pharmstrong dopes...its not even worth talkng about his potential innocence. Nor is proving the world is flat.

UR.

ullrichrules said:
Well said biker JK.

Some people forget that even though there are almost 200 riders in the TdF, only 20 may have a shot at finishing on the podium due to the DS application of their skills, race schedule, age, pecking order on the team, funds available to dope. So the top 20 only really worry about the other 19 when racing, even if said young, worker bee is stronger. So to say that one recently retired rider returning to beat all those other pros..."what does that say about them" is not fair or congruent with logic. Naive actually.

And, yes Pharmstrong dopes...its not even worth talkng about his potential innocence. Nor is proving the world is flat.

UR.

i meant the other 17 potential podium finishers. and you accusing him of doping is the only thing naive. cheap shots is apparently all you have going for you, ullrichwho. nice.:rolleyes:

i meant the other 17 potential podium finishers. and you accusing him of doping is the only thing naive. cheap shots is apparently all you have going for you, ullrichwho. nice.
Anything is possible.

Ok, maybe you meant that. Never quite sure with you Roadkill.

eg: "...cheap shots IS apparently all you ..." . You are full of invigorating verbal expressions, but it is your poor command of basic english that blunts the impact of what you are trying to say. Good luck with that though. And like your moniker says "anything is possible". As in a chimp like you typing... you may get the Mother tongue correct once in a while, even a chimp can type.

Now take a deep breath, its all in good fun bro. You love Lance and we don't care, but most know and feel he is guilty. End of story.

UR

so why is it that the possiblity of him just working harder than everyone else so hard to believe? not one positive test, not one. and that's during his entire life. he's just who he is is all there is to it and he's blown every other competitor out of the water, so to speak. remember when he blew by Ullrich on the tt , making it seem as if Ullrich was doing a bike stand? no evidence of doping then either. he would've been caught by now, theres' no way he wouldn't have. Read Every Second Counts in where he states that some of his test results were held for well over a year by the French and how he even had thoughts of sabatoge going through his mind (wouldn't you?) but even then the results came back negative. and they had his blood for over a year.

how's that for naive?

Status
Not open for further replies.