Why don't mountain bikers get it?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mike Vandeman, Jun 8, 2003.

  1. Dashi Toshii

    Dashi Toshii Guest

    > On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:19:14 GMT, "Dante Catoni" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > .> BS. Even ONE mountain bike kills animals and plants and drives wildlife .out of .> its habitat.
    > . .Mike almost everything you eat was alive and killed for your consumption.
    So
    > .why don't you stop eating so that more animals and plants can live?
    >
    > After you, hypocrite.

    Mike only eats road kill and weeds. He only drinks piss!

    Still curious as to where he purchased his "PhD". <G>

    Dashii

  2. On 23 Jun 2003 18:00:23 +0950, Twisties <[email protected]> wrote:

    . wrote:
    . > Who said anything about "staff"?! Idiot. . . . .why do u think that you can come onto this
    site, which is all about .cycling, and call one of our members an idiot.

    I just tell the truth.

    .did you expect everyone to agree with you??? . .The computer you are using rite now, is it not
    running on electricity? .Hold on? doesnt most electricity come from burning coal?

    Not here.

    Yes i am aware .of Hydro, Solar, Wind, etc. So anyway, what happens when you burn stuff? .You get
    smoke... where does the smoke go? up into the atmosphere to join .the other gases making the whole
    in the ozone layer which is above my .beloved country. . .So maybe you should start your protest by
    turning of all the lights off .in your house, dont bother using gas ovens etc, its also bad for the
    .environment. . .Why patronise people who are trying to make the world a better place by .replacing
    their car for a bike as their mode of transportation. All .this means is they have to leave
    earlier. they have to deal with other .road users yelling at them or trying to scare them while
    they are in .their cars. . .i know that you said mountain bikes, but at least mountain bikes dont
    .need the council to put down concrete paths so that their ride is .easier, and wouldnt walking
    create the same if not more damage to the .environment. . .2 bike tyres : 4cm each = 8cm of damage
    2 human feet: 10cm each= .20cm of dmage. . .
    . U r an idiot

    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  3. On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 06:36:58 GMT, chip3130 <[email protected]> wrote:

    .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in . .> To staff an area hundreds of square miles wide to
    look .for "users of the .> land," is like trying to keep illegal aliens out of the .US from .>
    Mexico. You can try, but 97% will get through no matter what. .> .> Who said anything about
    "staff"?! Idiot. . .Mike, really, how do you propose to stop people from using land?

    Where did you read "stop"?

    Anti- .personel mines or something? You will never be able to fill this grandoise .idea. I hate to
    tell you this, but man has walked the earth since his .inception, and nobody (or grounps of
    nobodies) will ever stop that.

    It has already happened. Try to enter Chernoble. Or the Nevada Test Site.

    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  4. On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:50:10 GMT, "Dashi Toshii" <[email protected]> wrote:

    . ."Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    .news:[email protected]... .> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:08:15 GMT, Mike
    Vandeman <[email protected]> .> wrote: .> .> [Dashii said:] .> >.He is quite mad you know! .> .>
    [to which Mike replied:] .> >Did you say something? .> .> Thus giving further credence to those who
    assert that his PhD is as .> much a figment of his imagination as his environmental crusade, and .>
    that he never actually graduated kindergarten. .> .> Guy . .Actually PhD diploma mills abound on the
    internet, for a few bucks anyone, .even Mickey, can buy their "degree"! . .Here is one report on the
    practice: . .http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/Nonrecorg/bernadean.html . .Dashii

    Then why can't YOU get one?
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  5. On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:09:52 -0700, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

    . ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    .news:[email protected]... .> On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:05:52 -0700, "Jeff
    Strickland" <[email protected]> .wrote: .> .> . .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message .> .news:eek:[email protected]... .> .> On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:59:20
    -0700, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> .> .wrote: .> .> .> .> . .> .> .> We DO: they are called
    "roads". I am quite familiar with .transportation .> .> .> activists like you who don't have a clue
    about wildlife issues. .> .> .> .> .> . .> .> .Don't have a clue about wildlife issues! Talk about
    the pot calling .the .> .> .kettle black. .> .> . .> .> .You are the single most clueless
    environmetnalist I have ever heard of .> .... .> .> .> .> As usual, you conveniently fail to name a
    single specific. Quote even .ONE .> .false .> .> statement that I have ever made about wildlife! I'm
    sure that this is .the .> .last .> .> we will hear of you. .> .> === .> . .> .I have 35 years of
    experience visiting the areas that you would close to .me .> .in the name of habitat protection, and
    I can say from first hand .experience .> .that in at least one instance the closures people like you
    have won .resulted .> .in an increased burden on the very animals you sought to protect. You .have
    .> .never made a true statement about wildlife, I can't begin to catalog the .> .false statements.
    .> .> Then you should have no trouble quoting at least ONE false statement. We .are .> waiting....
    :) . . ."All bicycle riders are environemtneal rapests." That, admitteldy, might not .be a direct
    quote, but it should suffice as an example of your lies and .falsehoods.

    No, you are lying. I never said that. Try again.
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande