Xes - Message Board

bikeriderfrance said:
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
mmmmmmmm just tried the spell check up top.. messed up a treat my first verbal offering.. but here goes, errrrrrrr forgot what is was going to say.. never mind,, bon courage..:cool::cool::cool::cool:

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there,:D:D:D what a surprise i find i have been sacked, well thats ok by me, BUT my mateys, i am still on a ROLL, yes WON the 40's and over G P De Elne this afternoon.. jumped away with a strong guy, with 3 laps to go, did him in the sprint, not bad to say he was 17 years younger than me.. so its 4 races 4 weekends 4 wins... going for the BIG one next week, must keep focused.. will do just that...bon courage.:cool::cool::cool::cool:
Great stuff! Best wishes for next weekend in whatever it is. Just spent a large part of today clinging on to Les West's back wheel so I know how the younger guy must have felt, even though he's quite a few years younger than me!
Thankfully Les said he wasn't feeling too good or it would have been purgatory;)
Jean D. TBC(Reg Tm)

Jean Dubois said:
Just got back from a 5 day break in Holland to find BRFs been fired and I cant make any sense at all of the last few posts. Nothing new there then!!!!!!!!
Apart from today it was even colder than Cheshire int' Netherlands, only 10C in Amsterdam on Wednesday. Didn't have a back yard so don't know how cold it would have been if there was one.
The Chippings had a great time in Centre Parcs, for that matter so did I. Only problem was all those bloody bikes in the towns and cities, not safe to walk anywhere!

Sorry to hear about Tom from OtH. I hope his recovery continues well.

Great ride again BRF, keep up the good work. I've got a 10 tomorrow and a RR on Sunday. After a week off I'll either be flying or creeping or both.
Fred, what's this "as we pootled into the courtyard TBC" The use of TBC(Reg TM) has been referred to the Team Solicitors who will we contacting you in due course.
Don't know what's got into Fred can't make head or tail of it: this Porche to Paris me being GM'ed, gateways, wooden doors an' all?????:confused:
Very mystifying, waiting for the continuation to come along, maybe get some enlightenment.
BUT funnily enough this is what really happened this weekend!!!:)
I was down in BRF country with the club and on the way back from Saturday's ride myself and Christian the demon climber inadvertently found ourselves on well not quite the motorway but a dual carrigeway forbidden to bikes, horsecarts and whatnot. Well not wishing to turn round and thinking about our ex-coach's second resolution we set off in earnest and although no wagons or Lotus Elites came past we averaged 58km/h to the next slip road 3 km away: nice tailwind though!!! Those behind us were copped by highway control who kindly asked them to get their arses off the motorway without delay.
AND on Sunday I managed to get mi chain in a twist and had no other choice :eek: but to call BRF, cap in hand, to very kindly ask him to bail me out
which he did even though he'd just been fired and I had to congratulate him on his 4th win in 4 races:cool:!!! and guess what it wos 'ot in his back yard!!!!

Jean Dubois said:
Great stuff! Best wishes for next weekend in whatever it is. Just spent a large part of today clinging on to Les West's back wheel so I know how the younger guy must have felt, even though he's quite a few years younger than me!
Thankfully Les said he wasn't feeling too good or it would have been purgatory;)
Jean D. TBC(Reg Tm)
Les only seemed to improve after I left for France, him and Brian were no problem, and never were.

Jacques Dupont said:
Don't know what's got into Fred can't make head or tail of it: this Porche to Paris me being GM'ed, gateways, wooden doors an' all?????:confused:
Very mystifying, waiting for the continuation to come along, maybe get some enlightenment.
BUT funnily enough this is what really happened this weekend!!!:)
I was down in BRF country with the club and on the way back from Saturday's ride myself and Christian the demon climber inadvertently found ourselves on well not quite the motorway but a dual carrigeway forbidden to bikes, horsecarts and whatnot. Well not wishing to turn round and thinking about our ex-coach's second resolution we set off in earnest and although no wagons or Lotus Elites came past we averaged 58km/h to the next slip road 3 km away: nice tailwind though!!! Those behind us were copped by highway control who kindly asked them to get their arses off the motorway without delay.
AND on Sunday I managed to get mi chain in a twist and had no other choice :eek: but to call BRF, cap in hand, to very kindly ask him to bail me out
which he did even though he'd just been fired and I had to congratulate him on his 4th win in 4 races:cool:!!! and guess what it wos 'ot in his back yard!!!!
Pootled into this cobbled courtyard, and Monsieur Concierge emptied the baggage from the car except mine. He and Michel were chatting about something out of my earshot, and pointing. There must have been about 10 stables or carriage buildings in the same in the same bloc.
However I descended from the voiture, and entered the main building by what is known as a Porte Cochiere. ( a rather posh accroutriment).
Accompanied by Michel we went to see Mamaan in her bed. Apparently she wasn't very well by all accounts, which was contrary to the large number of cases of fine wines that were in cases next to her.
No doubt she was of the highest social vintage, and her husband was out there slicing people up at a great profit. We ate pleasantly well, and Michel said that he would take me to another apartement. Of course it might have been taken as mistrust considering the amount of old paintings dangling from the walls.
Anyhow Michel said the decision was not his, and of this I was sure, so we descended into the courtyard and Monsieur Concierge placed the vehicle in alignment with the massive doors, and we both got in.
TBC

FredC said:
Anyhow Michel said the decision was not his, and of this I was sure, so we descended into the courtyard and Monsieur Concierge placed the vehicle in alignment with the massive doors, and we both got in.
TBC
ahah!!! the plot thickens but becomes no clearer.

Jean Dubois said:
hi there, sorry as ex team coach i do not want to hear any sodding name droppings.. you either rode like a clown, was a clown and had to ride, or you just road... i was sat behind thors hushot last weekend, now thats name dropping ****,, but he did congratulate me on my 4 wins in four weeks...strange i thought no one cared a toss.. not so, i keep getting guys down here pretending to have clapped out bikes and knackered chains coming to the house,, i think they wanted to mix with well u know who and what.. hell its touching 45c intbakyardlad....yes guess what we have in our backyardlad... bon courage.. ps as ex coach i will assist the new coach if he requires it,, but silly old Jacques Dupont did just what i told us to doooo... must be mad that lad.go to following link and droooooooooooooll
http://www.semperephoto.com

click elne and bi departmental.

bikeriderfrance said:
Jean Dubois said:
. must be mad that lad.go to following link and droooooooooooooll
http://www.semperephoto.com

click elne and bi departmental.
go to jpeg 112.in ene..to 126 the sprint..

baho bi dpt lots there, look for carbon crash hat mmmmmmmmmmmm

Jacques Dupont said:
That explains everything!!!!!!! but would he make a good team mechanic????
& how 'ot was it exactly???

bikeriderfrance said:
go to jpeg 112.in ene..to 126 the sprint..

baho bi dpt lots there, look for carbon crash hat mmmmmmmmmmmm
Think I've got you, links not to easy to follow. Blue shorts, sloping top tube, red on sleeves with CI in large letters??

Jean Dubois said:
Think I've got you, links not to easy to follow. Blue shorts, sloping top tube, red on sleeves with CI in large letters??
yep thats it... note nike pogio shoes.. ( dont tell wife how much they cost ).:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

bon courage.

bikeriderfrance said:
yep thats it... note nike pogio shoes.. ( dont tell wife how much they cost ).:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

bon courage.
hi there, hey just had a look on the uci page, i am thinking of riding the worlds again this year, dont ask about last year pleeeeeeeeeeeesse. well i saw that this is the last year that manchester holds the masters (sic and i meen sick ) world track champs... it is going to australia, land of sheep **** and ********.. well i presume now that all those jumped up 70 year olds parading around cyclists caffs on a sunday morning with world championship jerseys on will dry up.... from next yearm 99% of masters (sick and i meen sick) world champions will be australians. land full of ******** and sheep ****.. good ridence i say.. old men pissing in the wind winning world champion ships.. still i will have one of those masters ( **** and sic ) jerseys if i could,, double standards well eerrrrrrrrrrr yes. bon courage.. ps just checked, its 39c intbakyardlad.

"hi there, sorry as ex team coach i do not want to hear any sodding name droppings.. you either rode like a clown, was a clown and had to ride, or you just road... i was sat behind thors hushot last weekend, now thats name dropping ****"

Ouch!!
Jaques may be genetically modified,trains on motorways and gets his transmission system in a twist, but he knows a bad coach when he sees one. How else has he stayed tetanus free all these years?
I argued long and hard against the decision but obviously he was right as usual.
We do still need a mechanic though!

No news from this weekend, what's up then? Anyway here's mine:
Sunday my little computer read:
157 km
6h 21m
4529 kcal
24.6 km/h
Av HR 137
What it did'nt tell was climbing 2183 metres. This ride is what's called a Randonnée, cyclotourist stuff it's a set circuit you can set off when you like so little groups go off from time to time. There's food and drink at fixed points and there was a choice between 3 circuits; we,the Lézat club, did the middle one. Another thing not on the computer was that I got the dreaded bonk on the third col, I'd been eating and drinking regularly but it got me anyway and I was legless for 60k until I got to the next feeding station where I stuffed myself and shortly afterwards found mi legs again. Those 60 k were murder I was fighting it out with all the knobbly legs and they kept going past me again. Still the scenery was magnificent and the weather beautiful so there you go that's my little post. What's new.

Jacques Dupont said:
157 km
6h 21m
4529 kcal
24.6 km/h
Av HR 137
What it did'nt tell was climbing 2183 metres. This ride is what's called a Randonnée, cyclotourist stuff it's a set circuit you can set off when you like so little groups go off from time to time. There's food and drink at fixed points and there was a choice between 3 circuits; we,the Lézat club, did the middle one. Another thing not on the computer was that I got the dreaded bonk on the third col, I'd been eating and drinking regularly but it got me anyway and I was legless for 60k until I got to the next feeding station where I stuffed myself and shortly afterwards found mi legs again. Those 60 k were murder I was fighting it out with all the knobbly legs and they kept going past me again. Still the scenery was magnificent and the weather beautiful so there you go that's my little post. What's new.
HI THERE, WELL NOT REALLY INSPIRING STUFF, SOUNDS LIKE ONE THE OLD CLUB RUNS WITH THE EAST BRADFORD 45 YEARS AGO,, BUT WE WERE ON 68 FIXED GEAR..YOU KNOW THE ROUTE BRADFORD HAWES , RIBBLE HEAD LEYBURN KITSONS PASS AND HOME,OH SORRY FORGOT TO MENTION ALL DONE WITH A CARRIMORE SADDLE BAG ON.FULL OF CORNED BEEF SARNIES.. AH WELL.:eek::eek: ME WELL I WAS 5TH IN THE SOUTH WEST FRANCE VETERANS ROAD RACE CHAMPIONSHIP,, RODE MI WHAT NOTS OFF BUT TO NO AVAIL, THE WHOLE BUNCH GANGED UP ON ME,, THEY SAID I WAS " LE GRAND" IF I WANTED TO WIN I HAD TO EARN IT.. I SUPPOSE I DID,NT, STILL WITH VARIOUS POWERFULL YOUNGSTERS SITTING ON YER WHEEL IT WAS NOT TOO BAD.. BEST 0VER 60 THOUGH.BON COURAGE..

DID THE CHAIN WORK ????????????????????????????

Jacques Dupont said:
157 km
6h 21m
4529 kcal
24.6 km/h
Av HR 137
Sounds like one hell of a little computer, does the big one pedal for you as well?! Too much information - just do it! You didn't have bonk you were Knackered!
I guess you know it's been a bit warmish in the old country. Faith restored in global warming. Welding to melting in the space of a week!
Despite it being too 'ot int' backyard and Paraguay (or was it Uraguay?) scoring a goal for ENGARLAND I just had to go out with the mad dogs and ride a "50". After all it was t'club champs and us Mariners really like to time trial.
I know you ave it 'ot in your backyards so there must be a knack to it.
Anyway enthusiasm was only slightly dampened by being stopped about a mile after the start by a fine example of a Cheshire farmers taking about 150 cows across the road for milking.
To cut a long story short, wish I could have done the same to the event, the wind was blowing a 'ot gale and I went back about 4 minutes on the last outing. Loads of DNFs but only managed to be 4th counting club rider so didn't even make the team prize or a club medal. Can't even use the cows as an excuse either. God, cyclings tough, but once again we can all take heart from BRFs fighting 5th. Or can we?
Me and Jan are racing on Oulton Park tomorrow. Vroooooooooom

Ok here's what’s going on; I did a 2 day stage race in Tennessee in late last month, racing jr 15-16. The first day was a RR & a TT. The RR was a 55 mile loop w/ a 3+ mile climb, (a mountain) with considerable rollers. The last 20 miles were very flat but there were 15-20 mph winds. It was one of the most challenging races I've yet to do and a placed 2nd in a field if 12. I was very happy w/ my self. I went back to the hotel early & did not register for the TT. The next day was a crit & I was racing w/ 8 other jrs, which I placed first. The next weekend I did a cat 5 crit in Indiana and I placed 5th. Yesterday was a team TT in which I averaged 22.93. BTW my I'm not having any more trouble w/ my server.

-Ryan --- AKA 'Smalls' :)

bikeriderfrance said:
HI THERE, WELL NOT REALLY INSPIRING STUFF, SOUNDS LIKE ONE THE OLD CLUB RUNS WITH THE EAST BRADFORD 45 YEARS AGO,, BUT WE WERE ON 68 FIXED GEAR..YOU KNOW THE ROUTE BRADFORD HAWES , RIBBLE HEAD LEYBURN KITSONS PASS AND HOME,OH SORRY FORGOT TO MENTION ALL DONE WITH A CARRIMORE SADDLE BAG ON.FULL OF CORNED BEEF SARNIES.. AH WELL.:eek::eek: ME WELL I WAS 5TH IN THE SOUTH WEST FRANCE VETERANS ROAD RACE CHAMPIONSHIP,, RODE MI WHAT NOTS OFF BUT TO NO AVAIL, THE WHOLE BUNCH GANGED UP ON ME,, THEY SAID I WAS " LE GRAND" IF I WANTED TO WIN I HAD TO EARN IT.. I SUPPOSE I DID,NT, STILL WITH VARIOUS POWERFULL YOUNGSTERS SITTING ON YER WHEEL IT WAS NOT TOO BAD.. BEST 0VER 60 THOUGH.BON COURAGE..

DID THE CHAIN WORK ????????????????????????????
Well, yes, exactly but the EB club runs were real cycling and this I believe is a cycling forum not necessarily a racing forum and 157 km in the mountains is real cycling as far as I'm concerned.
Well then although a 5th is good in the regional champs and you won the over 60's again I know you were hoping for better. It seems to me that you need to be a little more tactically orientated (you can't just ride them all off your wheel) you have to learn how to play it crafty you are now on the continent don't forget. Nobody should work with anybody stronger or faster than themselves so not many riders should work with you should they?
So sit nicely in the bunch taking note of what's going on, who is chasing after who, etc.. Don't worry you can't win all the time when people get to know you. Go with the right break if you can or make you move later, lay low for a while, pretend to be not as fresh as you are...make other people do the work LET ME BE YOUR TACTICAL MANAGER!!!!!!!!
BTW the chain worked well, stayed in one piece up the Tour Madeloc: 22 percent for 1.6 km for those who don't know it. English riders would scoff at it but stuff like that scares the **** out of the continentals, I was the only one in the club that actually rode all the way up:) seeyou

Jacques Dupont said:
Well, yes, exactly but the EB club runs were real cycling and this I believe is a cycling forum not necessarily a racing forum and 157 km in the mountains is real cycling as far as I'm concerned.
Well then although a 5th is good in the regional champs and you won the over 60's again I know you were hoping for better. It seems to me that you need to be a little more tactically orientated (you can't just ride them all off your wheel) you have to learn how to play it crafty you are now on the continent don't forget. Nobody should work with anybody stronger or faster than themselves so not many riders should work with you should they?
So sit nicely in the bunch taking note of what's going on, who is chasing after who, etc.. Don't worry you can't win all the time when people get to know you. Go with the right break if you can or make you move later, lay low for a while, pretend to be not as fresh as you are...make other people do the work LET ME BE YOUR TACTICAL MANAGER!!!!!!!!
hi there :) :) quite right, will take note, but errr umm if you have a bunch of 30 riders, one team with 3 strong riders, each one working for each other.. one goes up the road, you see him go with 29 others, you sprint after and catch him..good job done, then the other sprints off up the road, you watch him so does the other 29, you chase him down, good job done,,, then the other sprints off up the road, you watch him with 29 others, you chase him down, good job done..then ect ect... you have a few words with the other 29 riders.. blank looks, you are " le grande". if you want to win , you do it on yer own... stalemate..so one guy goes up the road again, you just about make it, but oh those legs are now f................ked.. you are one bike length behind, your head is shreaming catch catch catch, then another guy ON YER WHEEL attacks,,, end of story.. now if only i HAD a couple of co-equipers in the bunch.....:cool: :cool: :cool: bon courage.