Xes - Message Board

BRF! I heard your name shouted out on ES today!

Also, I recieved a letter today from the talent team inviting me to two training days, one at herne hill one at eastway!

Phil

hemplands said:
What changed your mind?
hi there, could this be for me.. well i sent in a message re, the usuall mess when into the last bit of a important event, ie tdf and the worlds, we get "oh here is so an so " to visit us, then he they ramble on and on and when the raceis about 5 minutes from the finish, old DD had to shut em up.. this time i think DH took heed of my email, and we had 2 complete laps with no distruptions, and i must say it was very good...... notice, no DD/RW/SK, just DH.. maybe thats the way to go,,, give praise whilsts it due.... BUT DH said that BRF had moaned about the outside noise, no i did nt he did not read the message, but failed to mention on about 4/5 occasions that the guy who told them about TH training in the rain, that that was BRF... bon courage,, hey what a race, best for years...

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there. well its today in fact, thats the 24th, it the FFC regional time trial championships.. in fact its a very sporting course TT, went round it on wednesday with a elite guy chris ward from the antelope cc (uk). its 29ks long with 2 biggish hills and a 9 kms long uphill drag to the finish.. i told old chris that this would be the "graveyard ""of the course, he did not know what i meant,, he soon found out.. will let you know how i get on...
How did it go, BRF? Big field?
Regards,
Eoin

EoinC said:
How did it go, BRF? Big field?
Regards,
Eoin
hi there, well not too bad just off the podium in 4th place, the graveyard bit did its best, was going quite well until i hit it.. just a pissy **** gravel chipped false flat for 4 kms then a 1 k climb a drop down and then a ****ly bit uphill, down hill to the finish... why am i saying all this, mmmmmmmmm its easy to say it, ride it mmmmmmm.. things are a bit quiet at the moment, had mrs brf sister and husband over from aussie land, so only got out a couple of times over the past week, but at 12,850kms for the year..the weather here has changed, its now getting a bit cool, cold in the mornings, fine and sunny during the day BUT today its raining, weds is my BIG riding day, so i will miss it today,,, getting soft, at one time i just got up and went out,, weather conditions did not matter...must be getting old.... rode back from a village called ceret, just up the road (15 kms), met up with thors hushvolt, asked him about the worlds, said it WAS VERY HARD the 2 last laps up the 2 hills. he was knackered, he agreed that most of the riders got it wrong, petachi was finished on the last time up the long drag, the ities could not close the gap, they were all shot.
#best man won.... paris tours on sunday, big fast race, look out for a 200 kms breakaway................see ya.......bon courage.

Not bad going at all BRF : 4th is a very respectable position.

Good that you got a chance to talk to Husovd about the worlds.
So much for Madrid being a flat circuit.
All the pre-race experts were saying it was going to be a sprinters race.
Didn't look that way to me, watching it.
Looked more like a road mans course.

Agree with you about the weather getting colder - although since Sunday the weather has been clear and zero wind.
I have got out for 3 hours each day since Sunday - that's a bonus.
And will get out again today.

Temperature is down to 10-15 celsius and daylight is getting shorter.
I'm up to 9,039 miles year to date.
I don't think I will make 12,000 miles mark by 31/12/05 : time is the main constraint.

We've got paris-tours and Lombardy on ES to look forward to.
Good to hear DD back for Zurich.
We've DH for the last two races

Sorry I haven’t posted in several weeks, all has been good. I’m still riding in the morning. We meet at five thirty and get in 24 miles, we averaged 23 this morning. It’s quite dark too, the sun doesn’t even come up until 7. I’m on fall break this week, I’m enjoying my time off, very much so. School is pretty much a *****, but it’s something that should be taken seriously. My pic. was in the paper the other week, me & two other guy’s from my team. A few people came up to me in school & asked me if I was that guy in the paper– exciting ****!:D

-Ryan

ryan_velo. said:
Sorry I haven’t posted in several weeks, all has been good. I’m still riding in the morning. We meet at five thirty and get in 24 miles, we averaged 23 this morning. It’s quite dark too, the sun doesn’t even come up until 7. I’m on fall break this week, I’m enjoying my time off, very much so. School is pretty much a *****, but it’s something that should be taken seriously. My pic. was in the paper the other week, me & two other guy’s from my team. A few people came up to me in school & asked me if I was that guy in the paper– exciting ****!:D

-Ryan
Well done Ryan for keeping up your schedule. BRF will be delighted also. I've got a process for the winter months in mind for you, as well as others, and that is 100 mile every Sunday, not fast, but steady stamina building miles. Try to find other riders to join in. Advertise in the cycling column in your local paper, slot in a couple of tea breaks along the way. It's a doddle. More later and well done again. I have great confidence in you to wipe the floor with them next season.

You couldn't also help me with a training programme also for the winter month's please? Last year was so unstructured.......

limerickman said:
Not bad going at all BRF : 4th is a very respectable position.

Good that you got a chance to talk to Husovd about the worlds.
So much for Madrid being a flat circuit.
All the pre-race experts were saying it was going to be a sprinters race.
Didn't look that way to me, watching it.
Looked more like a road mans course.

Agree with you about the weather getting colder - although since Sunday the weather has been clear and zero wind.
I have got out for 3 hours each day since Sunday - that's a bonus.
And will get out again today.

Temperature is down to 10-15 celsius and daylight is getting shorter.
I'm up to 9,039 miles year to date.
I don't think I will make 12,000 miles mark by 31/12/05 : time is the main constraint.

We've got paris-tours and Lombardy on ES to look forward to.
Good to hear DD back for Zurich.
We've DH for the last two races
Well done Lim on your mileage for the year.Excellent. Now don't lose it over the winter. 100 mile club run on Sundays on the method, with the youngsters also pedalling away.
As far as DH is concerned he is for the long term at ES, and in my opinion has crossed the Rubicon to make it so. Don't forget that DD is 74 now.
The only thing to change is to get rid of Christi Anderson, and replace her with Mike Tomalaris as roving reporter on the TDF. Then James Richardson in the Langley studios with Duffo and assorted guests for the preview/review openers and closers. Other than that, it's all clear sailing.

philhudson said:
You couldn't also help me with a training programme also for the winter month's please? Last year was so unstructured.......
Phil. That's trash. We told you what to do, and you didn't do a thing about it.
In fact, I don't even think you got near the summer schedule to be honest.
First question to you is. What are you going to do about riding 100 miles every Sunday?

philhudson said:
BRF! I heard your name shouted out on ES today!

Also, I recieved a letter today from the talent team inviting me to two training days, one at herne hill one at eastway!

Phil
They must have got the name wrong. Perhaps it was the Time Team.
Now listen well, I've been giving it a bit of thought. 100 mile every Sunday without fail. As for the rest of the week, and your interest in the track I'll leave it to Legro to sort you out on your Turdo for some sort of schedule. I know nowt about track training but our World Champ does. So just do everything he says.
Don't forget that next season will be your last as a schoolie, and if you want to take the eye as a Junior for the BC/BCF you'd better start banging the drum next season, which means good sound winter preparation is important.
Don't forget to have a game of rugger for a change.

2FAST4U said:
I don't mean to butt in here but what does Xes mean?
It should have been Yes, but it's spelt wrong. That's what happens if you drink a lot. Actually it's a home for lost folk who know nowt about bike racing.

Nope, why might you think it be that!

Anyway 40 miles today in the pouring rain, got soaked and lost!

Have 3 races left, none this weekend but the weekend after.

Saturday.

North Hill ( where I went today) ECCA hill climb twice up times added together

Sunday

Catford CC hill climb 25% steep

Bec hill climb

FredC,
I know you haven't been online for a while but, if you get a chance, read 14 year old MACCA1234's starting post for his thread "How many hours" under the "Cycle Training" forum.
Regards,
Eoin

EoinC said:
FredC,
I know you haven't been online for a while but, if you get a chance, read 14 year old MACCA1234's starting post for his thread "How many hours" under the "Cycle Training" forum.
Regards,
Eoin
Hello Eoin,
I've read the whole thread through, and I've got more questions than answers. IMO, I'm not remotely interested in his endeavours as he seems to have no construction. He doesn't even state that he races as a schoolie, which is rather odd, nor even has a club.
I won't be bothering him, nor the other posters on that thread, because I know what happens. I'm in the process of pulling my dogs off the trail for a few months, and he seems hell bent on a non constructive neurotic attitude.
I don't even know where he lives. Do you?