An experiment to prove the helmet law proponants RIGHT (or wrong)

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Edward Dolan wrote:
> >> "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

is

woman

their

fear

and

> >> I am always being deadly serious. It is just that no one is accustomed

> >> hearing the truth, and so when they do hear it they can't believe what
> >> they are hearing. Liberals especially are so into being politically
> >> correct about everything that they do not know the truth even when it
> >> hits them full in the face.
> >>

> > half right.
> >
> > No one can believe what they are hearing
> >

> > and David is a great name.
> >
> > So thats two things right.

> And I think we can all agree that a name like Tamyka is foolish, weird,
> nonsensical and idiotic. Parents should look up something about the

history
> of names before they go off and just name their children any old thing

that
> pops into their stupid heads. I feel very sorry for Tamyka who was saddled
> with a name that should not even be inflicted on a cat.
>
> Your Sara, the girl in London who you so admire, is perfectly acceptable

as
> a good name. I mean it is nihil obstat, unlike Tamyka.
>
> Aren't you glad there are great souls in this world like me who can
> pronounce on the most profound matters in the universe like proper names.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

Marty

> >>Your Sara, the girl in London who you so admire, is perfectly acceptable

> > as
> >
> >>a good name.

You so admire me Dave? Heavens.

> Ummm Eds less off his tree than usual here.

Except that he described me as a name - that sentence just does not
work.

[...]
> My evil ex Jennene. ( The mug copper from hell) was supposed to be
> called Janine..but her dad was ****** when he filled out the forms. Mind
> you that name works but I guess thats how the weird name syndrome thingy
> happens.

And how long ago is it now? Let go of it man, for heaven's sake!

> Shakespere quotes and poetry always welcome ... sorry Ed... but at least
> I am drinking wine at the moment. (ran out of beer)

Hmmmm,

--
Sara

"Marty Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

[...]
>> Aren't you glad there are great souls in this world like me who can
>> pronounce on the most profound matters in the universe like proper names.

> What's in a name? that which we call a rose
> By any other name would smell as sweet;
>
> Marty

Touché.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

"dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[...]
> Marty Wallace wrote:

[...]
>> What's in a name? that which we call a rose
>> By any other name would smell as sweet;
>>
>> Marty
>>

> Ummm Eds less off his tree than usual here. Nothing wrong with Tamyka,
> (or her name) but... you know when you see kids called ohhh Sunsetrose to
> name one.. and plenty far more odd than that.. you do have to wonder what
> the parents were drinking
>
> My evil ex Jennene. ( The mug copper from hell) was supposed to be called
> Janine..but her dad was ****** when he filled out the forms. Mind you that
> name works but I guess thats how the weird name syndrome thingy happens.
>
> Shakespere quotes and poetry always welcome ... sorry Ed... but at least I
> am drinking wine at the moment. (ran out of beer)
>
> Dave

Marty scored very heavily with me with that quote. It was clever of him to
think of it.

Vino is always the best provided it does not give you a headache or worse. I
had to search for quite a spell until I found a vino which did not give me a
headache. It turned out to be the cheapest vino in the local municipal
liquor store, a Livingston Cellars Red Rose. It is a semi-dry, the only way
to go.

I hope all you Aussies know when I am being serious and when I am not being
serious. However, sometimes I don't know myself whether I am being serious
or not. I just say whatever pops into my head and let the chips fall where
they may. I do find you Aussies much more forgiving of my escapades than I
do the English. It may be that there is such a thing as national
temperaments.

--
Best Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Sara Kirk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:220120051348044733%[email protected]...

Edward Dolan wrote:

>> > as

> You so admire me Dave? Heavens.
>> >

>> Ummm Ed's less off his tree than usual here.

> Except that he described me as a name - that sentence just does not
> work.

Now you have touched a very tender spot. My sentences always work because I
see to it that they do. The above sentence was connected to something that
Dave had said about you in a previous post in this thread concerning a trip
of his to London where he mentioned you. If you had read it in that context
(a discussion of names) it would have made perfect sense to you. I can think
of you as a name and nothing else if I so choose.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> You so admire me Dave? Heavens.

> Nah.. Eds [ Ed's or Ed has] got it wrong as usual. Like the word is like.

Well, for heaven's sake, if you like someone than you must admire them. If
not, then you need to rethink your likes.

--

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]
>>
>>>Still, it is big mistake to saddle one's children with a weird or a funny
>>>name. What is cute and sexy when you are a child or a teenager is seldom
>>>cute and sexy when you are full grown. I once knew a crazy woman who
>>>named her twin girls Dawn and Fawn. That was an incredibly stupid thing
>>>to do. You have to imagine Dawn and Fawn as big fat ugly 30 year old
>>>ladies with names like that. Children ought to be able to sue their
>>>parents for giving them a bad name. Frankly, if I didn't like my name I
>>>would have changed it myself.
>>>
>>>But David and Edward are classic names, so we never had anything to fear
>>>from the moment we were named. Thank God for sensible parents. Cute and
>>>sexy is for the birds.

>>I see the comedian is still going...
>>
>>You know, if you put as much effort into lobbying for better cycling
>>conditions as you do writing usenet comedy, we'd all be better off.

> I am always being deadly serious. It is just that no one is accustomed to
> hearing the truth, and so when they do hear it they can't believe what they
> are hearing. Liberals especially are so into being politically correct about
> everything that they do not know the truth even when it hits them full in
> the face.

half right.

No one can believe what they are hearing

and David is a great name.

So thats two things right.

Dave

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]
<snip crack-pipe-fueled ramblings>

Come back and talk to us when you have a
Nobel Prize. Until that point in time.. back
in your box.

hippy

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]
> <snip crack-pipe-fueled ramblings>
>
> Come back and talk to us when you have a
> Nobel Prize. Until that point in time.. back
> in your box.
>
> hippy

The Nobel Prize is vastly overrated. But in any event, great scientists are
few and far between. Neither you nor I qualify I am sure.

However, there is no point in praising scientists overly much. After all,
the progress of science does not depend on any individual. If Edison had
never lived, everything he invented would have been invented anyway. If
Einstein had never lived , his theories would have been discovered anyway.
That is equally true of all science and technology. These are the
achievements of society (Western Civilization) par excellence, not of
individuals. Once science had been set in motion, it was on a one way track
to progress irrespective of individuals.

--

Marty Wallace wrote:
> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>"dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

> is

> woman

> their

> fear

> and

>>>half right.
>>>
>>>No one can believe what they are hearing
>>>

>>>and David is a great name.
>>>
>>>So thats two things right.

>>And I think we can all agree that a name like Tamyka is foolish, weird,
>>nonsensical and idiotic. Parents should look up something about the

> history
>
>>of names before they go off and just name their children any old thing

> that
>
>>pops into their stupid heads. I feel very sorry for Tamyka who was saddled
>>with a name that should not even be inflicted on a cat.
>>
>>Your Sara, the girl in London who you so admire, is perfectly acceptable

> as
>
>>a good name. I mean it is nihil obstat, unlike Tamyka.
>>
>>Aren't you glad there are great souls in this world like me who can
>>pronounce on the most profound matters in the universe like proper names.
>>
>>--
>>Regards,
>>
>>Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>>

> What's in a name? that which we call a rose
> By any other name would smell as sweet;
>
> Marty

Ummm Eds less off his tree than usual here. Nothing wrong with Tamyka,
(or her name) but... you know when you see kids called ohhh Sunsetrose
to name one.. and plenty far more odd than that.. you do have to wonder
what the parents were drinking

My evil ex Jennene. ( The mug copper from hell) was supposed to be
called Janine..but her dad was ****** when he filled out the forms. Mind
you that name works but I guess thats how the weird name syndrome thingy
happens.

Shakespere quotes and poetry always welcome ... sorry Ed... but at least
I am drinking wine at the moment. (ran out of beer)

Dave

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]
<snip more disturbed drivel>

You had your **** kicked by a girl, didn't you?

Did she take your lunch money and make you
wet yourself in front of the whole school?

Get some help.

hippy

In article <[email protected]>, dave <[email protected]>
wrote:

> >>My evil ex Jennene. ( The mug copper from hell) was supposed to be
> >>called Janine..but her dad was ****** when he filled out the forms. Mind
> >>you that name works but I guess thats how the weird name syndrome thingy
> >>happens.

> > And how long ago is it now? Let go of it man, for heaven's sake!

> For f sake... We are talking about names.. and she still has the same
> name... well same first name anyway. Sheesh

So just describe her as "My ex Jennene". Honestly - how long can your
shoulder carry that chip?

--
Sara

Edward Dolan wrote:
<snip>
> Many thanks Marty for clueing me in on who this strange bird is by the name
> of Tamyka Bell. I will be lying in wait for her in the future as I detest
> uppity women.

<snip>

Yes I am a strange bird Mr Dolan. You better wear a sombrero, or I'll
drop one on you.

:)

Edward Dolan wrote:

> "dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Edward Dolan wrote:
> >> "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> I am always being deadly serious. It is just that no one is accustomed to
> >> hearing the truth, and so when they do hear it they can't believe what
> >> they are hearing. Liberals especially are so into being politically
> >> correct about everything that they do not know the truth even when it
> >> hits them full in the face.
> >>

> > half right.
> >
> > No one can believe what they are hearing
> >

> > and David is a great name.
> >
> > So thats two things right.

> And I think we can all agree that a name like Tamyka is foolish, weird,
> nonsensical and idiotic. Parents should look up something about the history
> of names before they go off and just name their children any old thing that
> pops into their stupid heads. I feel very sorry for Tamyka who was saddled
> with a name that should not even be inflicted on a cat.
>
> Your Sara, the girl in London who you so admire, is perfectly acceptable as
> a good name. I mean it is nihil obstat, unlike Tamyka.
>
> Aren't you glad there are great souls in this world like me who can
> pronounce on the most profound matters in the universe like proper names.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Gee Ed, I thought that, given your great disregard for the world's major
religions, you would not appreciate the name Sara.

"Richard" <[email protected]
> dave wrote:
> > Hmmmmmm. Well I have an 80 pound compound bow here.. I think that it
> > wont work but if you wanna set up the experiment. (I would suggest with
> > a sandbag) I think its a fable :)

> Yes - hence my careful use of language ;-) Although I can see it
> working for low-energy impacts - the sort that weren't going to kill you
> outright anyhow. (And how do you 80lb pull guys ever get the arrows
> out of the straw? :)

No need.. the arrows go straight through the targets
and are conveniently embedded in the grassy mound
behind :)

hippy (recurve, 40lbs)

Sara Kirk wrote:

>>>as

> You so admire me Dave? Heavens.

Nah.. Eds got it wrong as usual. Like the word is like.

>>Ummm Eds less off his tree than usual here.

> Except that he described me as a name - that sentence just does not
> work.

Well it does. You are a Sa. clearly and indesputably. Infact you are
the defining Sa. And I know of no others.

> [...]
>
>>My evil ex Jennene. ( The mug copper from hell) was supposed to be
>>called Janine..but her dad was ****** when he filled out the forms. Mind
>>you that name works but I guess thats how the weird name syndrome thingy
>>happens.

> And how long ago is it now? Let go of it man, for heaven's sake!

For f sake... We are talking about names.. and she still has the same
name... well same first name anyway. Sheesh

>>Shakespere quotes and poetry always welcome ... sorry Ed... but at least
>>I am drinking wine at the moment. (ran out of beer)

> Hmmmm,

Beer... must find beer..

Dave

"Sara Kirk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:230120051941506536%[email protected]...

>> > And how long ago is it now? Let go of it man, for heaven's sake!

>> For f sake... We are talking about names.. and she still has the same
>> name... well same first name anyway. Sheesh

> So just describe her as "My ex Jennene". Honestly - how long can your
> shoulder carry that chip?
>
> --
> Sara

Don't the two of you have email for this purpose? It is embarrassing for a
pilgrim like myself to stumble across this kind of personal correspondence.
The least you might do is to eliminate ARBR from the newsgroup heading.
After all, we here on ARBR are gentlemen and scholars. Please, have some
regard for the rest of us.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

"Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
>> And I think we can all agree that a name like Tamyka is foolish, weird,
>> nonsensical and idiotic. Parents should look up something about the
>> history
>> of names before they go off and just name their children any old thing
>> that
>> pops into their stupid heads. I feel very sorry for Tamyka who was
>> saddled
>> with a name that should not even be inflicted on a cat.
>>
>> Your Sara, the girl in London who you so admire, is perfectly acceptable
>> as
>> a good name. I mean it is nihil obstat, unlike Tamyka.
>>
>> Aren't you glad there are great souls in this world like me who can
>> pronounce on the most profound matters in the universe like proper names.

> Gee Ed, I thought that, given your great disregard for the world's major
> religions, you would not appreciate the name Sara.

Oh ye of the capital T, I wonder who has the bigger ego, you or me. I would
never sign myself just E, but that is because I have a brain in my head and
have not wasted my life studying the minutiae of science like you have. Nor
have I run myself ragged in those stupid triathlons that you just love to
crow about. Scribble, scribble scribble! As if anyone is ever going to read
anything you have ever written.

As for Sara and religion, Hells Bells, practically all the names in
Christendom come out of the Bible. You have to have a name like Judas or
Jesus before anyone questions it. But nevertheless, I am very much opposed
to Old Testament names being used these days. Names like Joshua and Jacob
and Abraham for instance. There is such a thing as running current with your
culture and odd and unusual names are the opposite of that.

Tamyka, I recommend that you change your name to something more sensible.
After all, you are a human and not a cat or a parrot. I don't blame you for
your name, but I do blame your parents. They played a cruel joke on you.
They must have been sadists.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]
> <snip more disturbed drivel>
>
> You had your **** kicked by a girl, didn't you?
>
> Did she take your lunch money and make you
> wet yourself in front of the whole school?
>
> Get some help.
>
> hippy

Tamyka Bell tells me that you have a sense of humor and that is how I should
have taken your above post. But we both know better, don't we. However, on
reflection I have decided to give your post the answer that it doesn't
deserve. Just another occasion for me to wax poetic. Tamyka, being a poet
and a scholar, will surely appreciate my words of wisdom.

It has always amazed me all of my life who it is that women date and most
especially who it is that they end up married to. That is what has led me to
believe that women are essentially brainless. They will go every time for
men who are basically slobs - crude and stupid. I for instance am not only
extremely handsome, but also extremely intelligent as anyone can plainly see
who can read my words. My charm is not on the surface, but goes much deeper
than that. Yes, I am a bit cranky at times, but so are all great souls. We
Great Ones do not suffer fools gladly. Yet, for some strange reason, women
are not attracted to me. It is one of the supreme mysteries of the universe.
By rights, they should be falling at my feet and worshipping the ground I
walk on. Where did I go amiss?

Now that I am going to be departing this veil of woes for oblivion in the
not too distant future, I bid farewell to the fair sex for all eternity.
They have forever remained a mystery to me. I can only conclude that they
were not worthy of me. Well, it has been their loss. If only women had the
intelligence of men, but apparently nature did not want it that way. Nature
wanted women to be dumkopfs and blockheads when it comes to choosing men. So
be it. Thus spake Zarathustra.