Are you a Cycling Dork?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Commander
I am convinced now that Memphmann is an average rider and does NOT have muscular legs. Anyone with talent would not feel the need to continually attempt to convince a cycling forum how good he/she is. I am a boxer that has turned into a cyclist. Man I wish I could run into you at a race. I don't think your supposed muscular legs would help you out much pal.

Am impressed that you are able to type with losing so much of your brain cells from being hit in the head so often. Should I use smaller words for you? :)

Would love to ride with you until you cried to stop. A race? Sure, anything over 100 miles. Or is that too far for you. I would even lay $$ on it.

Get it right, musclar yet toned legs. Easy to have muscle on legs. Fat ppl develop musclar legs because they walk & carry so much weight. It is when you have little to no fat on legs and notice all the different muscles. That is harder to develop and helps in races..

How about we all have a get together/race for this forum next summer. A way to meet and have bragging rights????

Nothing wrong with a healthy ego. Mine is as healthy as I am. As I get stronger, so does my ego......

Memph

Originally posted by Memphmann
If you have the body to wear a speedo, then it's your choice. My question is this. How did your fella feel on the seat without padding in shorts?????

Ouch!!!!!!!

Memph

Do I have the body? I don't think so... :rolleyes:

It was a short stint (1 hour) and the speedo has no seam over the delicate places, so my butt felt alright. My saddle has no gel so I guess it'd be literally pain in the a$$ if I rode any longer

A man was arrested because he went to a Taco Bell restaurant wearing a speedo. He was charged for indecent exposure and faced US$750 fine and possible jail term..... rofl :D

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/strange/090403_ap_sn_nearlynaked.html

Originally posted by theedge

It was a short stint (1 hour) and the speedo has no seam over the delicate places, so my butt felt alright. My saddle has no gel so I guess it'd be literally pain in the a$$ if I rode any longer

A man was arrested because he went to a Taco Bell restaurant wearing a speedo. He was charged for indecent exposure and faced US$750 fine and possible jail term..... rofl :D

That story was funny, thanx. As was the toddler driving. Then again the toddler could probably drive better then most up here.....

Memph

Originally posted by Guest
Here is another sign of dork-ism. Fellas not quite considered to be the epitome of health, with their beer bellies and substantial backsides wearing one peice tri-suits or the short lycra triathlon tops. I swear, it's true. I saw loads of these guys at last years Powerman. :p :p :eek:

I am however guilty of wearing the HSBC kit. But I was mistaken for Ian McLoud on a training ride by some cyclists going in the other direction one morning. ;D

The one pieces are okay, it's when these 300 pound beer farts wear a polka dot climbers jersey. those things get stretched so tight they look like skinsuits. and believe me, they could also pass for a short tri top with sleevees.

taras

Originally posted by Guest
Hehehe glad Im not the only one, one thing my uncle always told me when we talked about cycling was:
When you get clipless pedals.. You WILL fall
When you ride track.. You WILL fall

lol 8)

a sacrifice to the track gods is inevitable.

Originally posted by ewep
Latest and Greatest!!

I remember having one of those as a junior on the track. stuck it onto a helmet with the vents taped over. lent it too a friend where it won the sprint competition at the world cycle messenger championships. i admit, it is geeky.

Originally posted by taras0000
The one pieces are okay, it's when these 300 pound beer farts wear a polka dot climbers jersey. those things get stretched so tight they look like skinsuits. and believe me, they could also pass for a short tri top with sleevees.

taras

The only team colours I would wear was years ago this pro team had cycling shorts that looked like jean shorts with fake rear pockets. These were so cool.....

Memph

I haven't seen these posted, but how about roadies who have kick stands? Carbon frames with generator powered tail lights? Aero bars on a rail trail bike?

Originally posted by Commander
I am convinced now that Memphmann is an average rider and does NOT have muscular legs. Anyone with talent would not feel the need to continually attempt to convince a cycling forum how good he/she is. I am a boxer that has turned into a cyclist. Man I wish I could run into you at a race. I don't think your supposed muscular legs would help you out much pal.
I haven't been on here for a while. Once again I see Memph has offended someone. And the debate goes on and on and on and on...just like the energizer bunny. hehehehe. Say Memph why don't you post a picture for us? I know I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THOSE MUSCULAR BUT TONE LEGS. It seems to me that not too long ago, someone (yes you Memph) spent a lot of time insulting me about talking about only myself???? Okay, Let's go Memph, I am ready for your ongoing, nonstop, offensive insults. By the way, I just made General Manager of the fitness center. So, nothing you can say will offend me...not today anyways! Remember how you said I was "fat" yet had never seen me? Hehehehe. I guess the boss and members don't think so ROFLMAO :)

Originally posted by BHman
I haven't seen these posted, but how about roadies who have kick stands? Carbon frames with generator powered tail lights? Aero bars on a rail trail bike?
ROFLMAO hehehehe

Originally posted by theedge

That was hysterical. I once saw a fellow riding down the road in a speedo. I had the best laugh. My teenage daughter was too busy barfing to laugh. LMAO:D

Originally posted by Memphmann

Yes you are probably correct in that might be strong tri riders. I just have not met one yet. As for them being super strong on a bike as well as being able to cycle and swim? Don't know. When I was at my peak years ago. I raced a few and hurt them bad. But these were not the elite of their sport, then again neither was I.

Maybe one day I shall met a strong tri or female rider.......

Opinions are great no matter what they are...

Memph

Memph, did you get beat up a lot in HS... or are you still in HS getting beat up? I agree with Bugman and others, that you only say good things about yourself and dis others.... The respect issue I hit on several weeks ago...about 10 pages ago...

But can you make any more generalizations????:mad: grunting ingnorant male athletes Did you know that Lance Armstrong used to do tri's???? but he probably isn't a strong rider:rolleyes: Have you ever heard of the Ironman? I would say that the top 400 finishers would hang or beat most cat 3 racers....maybe not.... but you are a cat 6???? and that is something to be impressed with? That is like saying that you play club soccer or football (us) and you so good, but you don't see many players better than you.... yet you aren't even playing where the big boys are...maybe because you look away when they come by...

I guess I'm stuck being a chainring dork, but I take an odd pride in it. In fact, I've been considering getting a chainring tattoo on my calf...

Never purchase a red saddle. Although you might think it looks cool when you're admiring your bike from afar, once you mount up for a ride, you'll look like you have a big, red dog boner between your legs.

Ladies stay away from guys with red bike seats. This is the definition of dork.

Guys watch out for ladies with red bike seats. They might not be ladies -- that might not be a seat.

Originally posted by jblackz
Never purchase a red saddle. Although you might think it looks cool when you're admiring your bike from afar, once you mount up for a ride, you'll look like you have a big, red dog boner between your legs.

Ladies stay away from guys with red bike seats. This is the definition of dork.

Guys watch out for ladies with red bike seats. They might not be ladies -- that might not be a seat.

I just ordered a red seat.....

Everyone says that I am a dog anyway!!!:D

Originally posted by Chesapeake Boy
Memph, did you get beat up a lot in HS... or are you still in HS getting beat up? I agree with Bugman and others, that you only say good things about yourself and dis others.... The respect issue I hit on several weeks ago...about 10 pages ago...

But can you make any more generalizations????:mad: grunting ingnorant male athletes Did you know that Lance Armstrong used to do tri's???? but he probably isn't a strong rider:rolleyes: Have you ever heard of the Ironman? I would say that the top 400 finishers would hang or beat most cat 3 racers....maybe not.... but you are a cat 6???? and that is something to be impressed with? That is like saying that you play club soccer or football (us) and you so good, but you don't see many players better than you.... yet you aren't even playing where the big boys are...maybe because you look away when they come by...

Thanx for the mention of highschool. Was too busy cycling, working fulltime, paying rent, to do much else. All the other Cat2/JR guys I raced with all had families and $$. So I worked and found some sponsorship in order to race. Kinda like why "Nascar" fans hate #24 & adore #3.

Yes, I realize Lance WAS a tri. Is he still now? Was he still training as a tri as he won 5 TdF's? Heck no..

Never once stated that I was the best cyclists. Heck, no one on this site could claim that. I just know that I am getting my old form back :) Then I was untouchable my any tri any where. Rode with enough to know this. Also had a bet out for female. Remember this was then, not now (not yet). If any female cyclists could beat me in a race. I would quit cycling and give her all of my equipment. As a Cat2/JR, there should have been no way a female, even pro female could beat me. I raced a few of our countries best...

I said that I have not come across any strong tri's. Maybe they train else where? Just the ones I have come across since back on bike have been cycling weak. Am sure there are stronger then me at present moment, but not for long.

If I was not here, would you all 'bate yourselves?????

Memph

Originally posted by bleachtblond
I haven't been on here for a while. Once again I see Memph has offended someone. And the debate goes on and on and on and on...just like the energizer bunny. hehehehe. Say Memph why don't you post a picture for us? I know I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THOSE MUSCULAR BUT TONE LEGS. It seems to me that not too long ago, someone (yes you Memph) spent a lot of time insulting me about talking about only myself???? Okay, Let's go Memph, I am ready for your ongoing, nonstop, offensive insults. By the way, I just made General Manager of the fitness center. So, nothing you can say will offend me...not today anyways! Remember how you said I was "fat" yet had never seen me? Hehehehe. I guess the boss and members don't think so ROFLMAO :)

Originally posted by bleachtblond

Hello BB, been awhile. Congrats on job promotion. Sorry, to disappoint you. To physically exhausted to argue with you.

Please show me where I called you fat..

If I had a computer, digital camera, and/or picture with scanner, would gladly post a pic for all the admire :)

Memph

Give me a few days, shall be back to argue more......

Ok, here is my profound input on the dork list. Yes, most of these things make you look like a dork. So what - keep doing them...it just makes me look better.

Now, as far as #2 goes, it makes me laugh when I hear people say that you are a dork for wearing pro team kit. It is usually those people who have Castelli, Assos, Fox, etc. logos plastered all over their clothing. What's the difference??? You are wearing clothing with company logos all over them.

The opposite is actually true when you wear a small foreign team's kit that no one else has. I wouldn't wear US Postal but my Marlux is cool. Just don't overdo it.

Originally posted by Nicoshea
Ok, here is my profound input on the dork list. Yes, most of these things make you look like a dork. So what - keep doing them...it just makes me look better.

Now, as far as #2 goes, it makes me laugh when I hear people say that you are a dork for wearing pro team kit. It is usually those people who have Castelli, Assos, Fox, etc. logos plastered all over their clothing. What's the difference??? You are wearing clothing with company logos all over them.

The opposite is actually true when you wear a small foreign team's kit that no one else has. I wouldn't wear US Postal but my Marlux is cool. Just don't overdo it.
That esoteric foreign stuff IS cool. But, what would be even cooler, would be to INVENT some... oh, Finnish team named... oh, Roemloe. Then have some stuff made up, and dupe all the local snobs, like say, oh I don't know... maybe Memph. That would be, if one had the time.

out

Status
Not open for further replies.