Are you a Cycling Dork?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by halfmutt
That esoteric foreign stuff IS cool. But, what would be even cooler, would be to INVENT some... oh, Finnish team named... oh, Roemloe. Then have some stuff made up, and dupe all the local snobs, like say, oh I don't know... maybe Memph. That would be, if one had the time.

out

Why would that bother me? Wear what-ever cycling jerseys you want. I see old farts in beer league hockey wear 99 jerseys. Does this make them as good as Wayne? I personally wear old team/club jerseys and a few nike ones. Just dislike when fat ppl wear jerseys too tight....

Memph

Originally posted by Memphmann
Why would that bother me? Wear what-ever cycling jerseys you want. I see old farts in beer league hockey wear 99 jerseys. Does this make them as good as Wayne? I personally wear old team/club jerseys and a few nike ones. Just dislike when fat ppl wear jerseys too tight....

Memph

Don't you mean that you just dislike fat people?

Originally posted by jblackz
Never purchase a red saddle. Although you might think it looks cool when you're admiring your bike from afar, once you mount up for a ride, you'll look like you have a big, red dog boner between your legs.
Thanks, jblackz, for making me spray coffee all over my computer... ;)

The only team colours I would wear was years ago this pro team had cycling shorts that looked like jean shorts with fake rear pockets. These were so cool.....
Like these?

I say no to shaving. Except for the racer who reasonable expects frequent road rash, it is serves no purpose and is in the view of many a WORSE form of poser-ism than buying the Mercatone Uno kit -- the kit could cost $100 -- the shaving is almost free. I think the proof is in the pudding -- if you can ride well, the hairy legs are irrelevant.

Remember: fear of dorkdom is all about the desire to create an exclusive club to be a member of. The more odd rules we can create to exclude others, the more comfortable we feel. It's just that these odd rules don't have to do with golf etiquette and which fork to use for the salad and which merlot to drink, but the end result, and the ultimate meaningfulness (or meaninglessness) is the same.

I think Freddy Mercury said it best when he said: "Get on your bikes and ride." So enough with this nonsense.

Originally posted by Miller
I say no to shaving. Except for the racer who reasonable expects frequent road rash, it is serves no purpose and is in the view of many a WORSE form of poser-ism than buying the Mercatone Uno kit -- the kit could cost $100 -- the shaving is almost free. I think the proof is in the pudding -- if you can ride well, the hairy legs are irrelevant.

Remember: fear of dorkdom is all about the desire to create an exclusive club to be a member of. The more odd rules we can create to exclude others, the more comfortable we feel. It's just that these odd rules don't have to do with golf etiquette and which fork to use for the salad and which merlot to drink, but the end result, and the ultimate meaningfulness (or meaninglessness) is the same.

I think Freddy Mercury said it best when he said: "Get on your bikes and ride." So enough with this nonsense.

You've made a perfect strike on the impact surface of the ferrous
fastening device.

out

Originally posted by Chesapeake Boy
Don't you mean that you just dislike fat people?

No not really, they have their place, like Santa. Most are just lazy and stress our medical system. But someone has to keep fast food joints busy as well as grocery stores. Please don't get me started about the stupidest ppl, smokers...

Memph

No not really, they have their place, like Santa. Most are just lazy and stress our medical system. But someone has to keep fast food joints busy as well as grocery stores. Please don't get me started about the stupidest ppl, smokers...

Memph

Wow:eek: you never cease to amaze me... but at least YOU will take that as a compliment!:rolleyes:

I am not going to be a cycling dork for much more of this year! Hunting season start tomorrow!!!!:)

Wow:eek: you never cease to amaze me... but at least YOU will take that as a compliment!:rolleyes:

I am not going to be a cycling dork for much more of this year! Hunting season start tomorrow!!!!:)

Good luck in killing defenceless animals. Hope that makes you feel like a man. It would be alright if you were full blooded American Indian......

Memph

ahh geez--- world champion cycliest no one has ever heard or read about, and clothes. Where what you want, quit bragging and enjoy your ride. Lifes to short and ridings to fun to spend more than a couple minutes reading some of the b.s. some of you are writing. eh? cant belive you honestly think there isnt a female that can beat you. geezzzzzz. Im done with this site. You are full of *7^%

Originally posted by webfoot
ahh geez--- world champion cycliest no one has ever heard or read about, and clothes. Where what you want, quit bragging and enjoy your ride. Lifes to short and ridings to fun to spend more than a couple minutes reading some of the b.s. some of you are writing. eh? cant belive you honestly think there isnt a female that can beat you. geezzzzzz. Im done with this site. You are full of *7^%

World Champ, not by a long shot. As for the female statement. It is true, when I was in racing shape, no female could beat me. Do you think a pro female could beat a pro male? What level do pro women max out at? Cat2 males are their max in my opinion. It is just the way females and males are made up. If they could keep up, then no gender seperation at the olympics.

I see you still continue to read what I post. Have to read what I'll write next.....

Memph

Good luck in killing defenceless animals. Hope that makes you feel like a man. It would be alright if you were full blooded American Indian......

Memph

Thanks for your support... I had an adequate amount of success... and the dog made several good retrieves....

Thanks for your support... I had an adequate amount of success... and the dog made several good retrieves....

Hope one day the gun is reversed and you have to flee for your life.....

Memph

Hope one day the gun is reversed and you have to flee for your life.....

Memph

Sorry, didn't happen... you see unlike mistruths that the sniveling left likes to put out... guns are no more dangerous than the operator. Tonight will be a good night as well...

Sorry, didn't happen... you see unlike mistruths that the sniveling left likes to put out... guns are no more dangerous than the operator. Tonight will be a good night as well...

Believe me, have no left views here. This is not a matter of gun safety. I agree with your statement. As are cars no more dangerous, it is the driver. My point was the needless killing of defenseless animals. WHY????????????????

Memph

Believe me, have no left views here. This is not a matter of gun safety. I agree with your statement. As are cars no more dangerous, it is the driver. My point was the needless killing of defenseless animals. WHY????????????????

Memph

Quite simple... I enjoy it... I enjoy being out in nature.. being part of it. I love watching the dog work, and bring back the birds. I love the chase... fooling the quarry. I love eating the meat that is generated by the hunt. I don't enjoy being tied to someone else for my substance.... and unless you are a vegitarian... what about those poor defensely chickens, sheep, hogs, and cattle that are raised fro the sole purpose of going on our tables...

The key is if you are not going ot eat it... you had better not pull the trigger.

Quite simple... I enjoy it... I enjoy being out in nature.. being part of it. I love watching the dog work, and bring back the birds. I love the chase... fooling the quarry. I love eating the meat that is generated by the hunt.
The key is if you are not going ot eat it... you had better not pull the trigger.

Great responce!! Not that I hunt anymore, I just get tired of people knocking those that hunt , fish or own guns.
Derrick

Originally posted by webfoot
Het Web! Don't leave!!! You're one of the reasons I read this. I don't always talk about dumb attire. Wear what you want is good! There's lots of other things discussed on here too.You aren't really leaving are you? Everyone knows Memph is who he is. We are accustomed to hi idiosynchrocies. (mostly we ignore it LOL):D :)

Memph [/QUOTE] Get over it Memph. Alway the OBNOXOIOUS one! Maybe someday you will grow a brain. I doubt it but maybe.
: P The only one on here we ALL want it to be reversed on is of course YOU! Grow up and get a life. Clearly, there is someone out there to beat EVERYONE! You are such an AR$$. This is from the FAT gym manager. When you were in your prime? HA!You probably spend lots of time, telling stories along with bs ing and slamming anything that isn't exactly what YOU want, or agree with. You are so self centered. I read this thread because of everyone EXCEPT you. It just so happens that you are like a parasite. You won't go away. You have run off lots of people. You will not run me off. I take it from the source, a parasite, you. You still never posted that picture of those "toned but defined" legs. Why is that? Are you FAT? Loser... You need to learn how to spell and write too. Or your brain on laps (lapse) too? PS I don't necessarily agree with hunting but whatever works for you Chesapeake.:) The needless verbal slaughtering of humans from Memph...WHY???????? I don't come on here much anymore myself because you are offensive --->Memph! Okay, waste more time slamming the 115 lb fat girl now.

Status
Not open for further replies.