Bigha Joke

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Derek Swift, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Derek Swift

    Derek Swift Guest

    I was doing a bit of maintenance clean up through my IE bookmarks and ran across the one for Bigha.
    So I thought I would ckeck it again. It is the same mundanely designed website with the computer
    generated graphics.

    I think when someone mentioned Bigha it was exactly that: a big ha!

    Derek

    Tags:

  2. Derek Swift

    Derek Swift Guest

    I was doing a bit of maintenance clean up through my IE bookmarks and ran across the one for Bigha.
    So I thought I would ckeck it again. It is the same mundanely designed website with the computer
    generated graphics.

    I think when someone mentioned Bigha it was exactly that: a big ha!

    Derek

  3. David Luecke

    David Luecke Guest

    Bent Rider Online had something about it that made it seem genuine when I read it. I read the
    site a couple days ago, and it seemed to indicate that we shouldn't expect to see anything new
    until spring.

    --
    David Luecke Ridin' a RANS Vivo (wahoo!) Merritt Island, Florida USA

  4. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    "David Luecke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Bent Rider Online had something about it that made it seem genuine when I read it. I read the
    > site a couple days ago, and it seemed to indicate that we shouldn't expect to see anything new
    > until spring.

    Well, they did manage to survive Cycle Oregon. I'd be surprised if they didn't find some design
    detail that needed changing.

    Jeff

  5. Derek Swift

    Derek Swift Guest

    > Well, they did manage to survive Cycle Oregon. I'd be surprised if they didn't find some design
    > detail that needed changing.

    Did anyone actually see these bikes riding on Cycle Oregon? I had heard they had been seen on
    trucks, but not actually being ridden.

    Derek

  6. I have a color pic of a Bigha being ridden in Oregon. Email me off the NG and I'll send it....if I
    can find it, The Bigha in the pic looks like total "overkill", dual disc brakes, front suspension
    for (that looks like a costly White Bros. fork). I thought they were vaprware, but it seems they are
    making them.
    -----
    "Derek Swift" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > Well, they did manage to survive Cycle Oregon. I'd be surprised if they didn't find some design
    > > detail that needed changing.
    >
    > Did anyone actually see these bikes riding on Cycle Oregon? I had heard they had been seen on
    > trucks, but not actually being ridden.
    >
    > Derek

  7. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    Derek Swift <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Well, they did manage to survive Cycle Oregon. I'd be surprised if they didn't find some design
    > > detail that needed changing.
    >
    > Did anyone actually see these bikes riding on Cycle Oregon? I had heard they had been seen on
    > trucks, but not actually being ridden.
    >
    > Derek

    Yep: http://homepage.mac.com/john4bho/PhotoAlbum23.html Scroll down the the photo captioned "Big
    Ha Ha Ha".

    My impression was that the bikes were fine but the riders were pooping out.

    Not surprising- CO this year was very tough. The first three days were over 70 miles through the
    high desert, the last three riding days averaged over 90 miles. My wife and I and our Tour Easys
    made it every inch without a glitch, not even a flat. (I know I'll pay for that next year.)

    Jeff

  8. Derek Swift

    Derek Swift Guest

    > Yep: http://homepage.mac.com/john4bho/PhotoAlbum23.html Scroll down the the photo captioned "Big
    > Ha Ha Ha".

    Very, very interesting. They look to be pretty heavy bikes. I cannot tell from the picture...are
    they 16/20? or 20/26?

    > Not surprising- CO this year was very tough. The first three days were over 70 miles through the
    > high desert, the last three riding days averaged over 90 miles. My wife and I and our Tour Easys
    > made it every inch without a glitch, not even a flat. (I know I'll pay for that next year.)

    Watch out! You have said the words. Flat karma will be hunting you down!

    Derek

  9. Ron Levine

    Ron Levine Guest

    On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:52:24 GMT, Derek Swift <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Well, they did manage to survive Cycle Oregon. I'd be surprised if they didn't find some design
    >> detail that needed changing.
    >
    >Did anyone actually see these bikes riding on Cycle Oregon? I had heard=20 they had been seen on
    >trucks, but not actually being ridden.
    >
    >Derek

    There were about half-a-dozen, being ridden at least some of the time. But they had their own SAG
    truck, and several times, while slogging up interminable steep ascents ( of which this ride had more
    than its share) that SAG passed me, carrying several bikes.

  10. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    Derek Swift <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Yep: http://homepage.mac.com/john4bho/PhotoAlbum23.html Scroll down the the photo captioned "Big
    > > Ha Ha Ha".
    >
    > Very, very interesting. They look to be pretty heavy bikes. I cannot tell from the picture...are
    > they 16/20? or 20/26?

    They had a 20/26 and a 20/20 available for test rides. I think the weights were in the mid-30
    pound range.

    > > Not surprising- CO this year was very tough. The first three days were over 70 miles through the
    > > high desert, the last three riding days averaged over 90 miles. My wife and I and our Tour Easys
    > > made it every inch without a glitch, not even a flat. (I know I'll pay for that next year.)
    >
    > Watch out! You have said the words. Flat karma will be hunting you down!
    >
    > Derek

    I know! I know!

    Jeff

  11. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    I wrote on January 24th:

    > > > Not surprising- CO this year was very tough. The first three days were over 70 miles through
    > > > the high desert, the last three riding days averaged over 90 miles. My wife and I and our Tour
    > > > Easys made it every inch without a glitch, not even a flat. (I know I'll pay for that next
    > > > year.)
    > >
    > > Watch out! You have said the words. Flat karma will be hunting you down!
    > >
    > > Derek
    >
    > I know! I know!
    >
    > Jeff

    And wouldn't you know it, my front tire inhales a chunk of glass on my commute yesterday morning.
    Put a 1/2" slice in a perfectly good Tourlite EX. **Sigh**

    In news, even though the tire had a good size slice in it, the Mr. Tuffy took the brunt of it and
    the tube only required a small patch. Once I got to work, I brought the front wheel into my cube and
    put a boot inside the tire.

    At least now I've got a good excuse to try out one of those new Schwalbe Stelvio tires. :))

    Jeff

  12. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    > At least now I've got a good excuse to try out one of those new Schwalbe Stelvio tires. :))

    But not if you continue to commute along the glass strewn route!!

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  13. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    Cletus Lee <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > At least now I've got a good excuse to try out one of those new Schwalbe Stelvio tires. :))
    >
    > But not if you continue to commute along the glass strewn route!!

    First flat I've ever had on this route... and in one of the better neighborhoods, too. Weird.

    Jeff

  14. Daybiker

    Daybiker Guest

    [email protected] (Jeff Wills) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > > > Watch out! You have said the words. Flat karma will be hunting you down!
    > > >
    > > > Derek
    > >
    > > I know! I know!
    > >
    > > Jeff
    >
    > And wouldn't you know it, my front tire inhales a chunk of glass on my commute yesterday morning.
    > Put a 1/2" slice in a perfectly good Tourlite EX. **Sigh**
    >
    > In news, even though the tire had a good size slice in it, the Mr. Tuffy took the brunt of it and
    > the tube only required a small patch. Once I got to work, I brought the front wheel into my cube
    > and put a boot inside the tire.
    >
    > At least now I've got a good excuse to try out one of those new Schwalbe Stelvio tires. :))
    >
    > Jeff

    I bragged that I had only one flat on this one set of tires.....guess what very next day.....two,
    both in less then ten miles.