Bigha Joke

Derek Swift

Guest
I was doing a bit of maintenance clean up through my IE bookmarks and ran across the one for Bigha.
So I thought I would ckeck it again. It is the same mundanely designed website with the computer
generated graphics.

I think when someone mentioned Bigha it was exactly that: a big ha!

Derek

I was doing a bit of maintenance clean up through my IE bookmarks and ran across the one for Bigha.
So I thought I would ckeck it again. It is the same mundanely designed website with the computer
generated graphics.

I think when someone mentioned Bigha it was exactly that: a big ha!

Derek

Bent Rider Online had something about it that made it seem genuine when I read it. I read the
site a couple days ago, and it seemed to indicate that we shouldn't expect to see anything new
until spring.

--
David Luecke Ridin' a RANS Vivo (wahoo!) Merritt Island, Florida USA

"David Luecke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Bent Rider Online had something about it that made it seem genuine when I read it. I read the
> site a couple days ago, and it seemed to indicate that we shouldn't expect to see anything new
> until spring.

Well, they did manage to survive Cycle Oregon. I'd be surprised if they didn't find some design
detail that needed changing.

Jeff

> Well, they did manage to survive Cycle Oregon. I'd be surprised if they didn't find some design
> detail that needed changing.

Did anyone actually see these bikes riding on Cycle Oregon? I had heard they had been seen on
trucks, but not actually being ridden.

Derek

I have a color pic of a Bigha being ridden in Oregon. Email me off the NG and I'll send it....if I
can find it, The Bigha in the pic looks like total "overkill", dual disc brakes, front suspension
for (that looks like a costly White Bros. fork). I thought they were vaprware, but it seems they are
making them.
-----
"Derek Swift" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Well, they did manage to survive Cycle Oregon. I'd be surprised if they didn't find some design
> > detail that needed changing.
>
> Did anyone actually see these bikes riding on Cycle Oregon? I had heard they had been seen on
> trucks, but not actually being ridden.
>
> Derek

Derek Swift <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Well, they did manage to survive Cycle Oregon. I'd be surprised if they didn't find some design
> > detail that needed changing.
>
> Did anyone actually see these bikes riding on Cycle Oregon? I had heard they had been seen on
> trucks, but not actually being ridden.
>
> Derek

Yep: http://homepage.mac.com/john4bho/PhotoAlbum23.html Scroll down the the photo captioned "Big
Ha Ha Ha".

My impression was that the bikes were fine but the riders were pooping out.

Not surprising- CO this year was very tough. The first three days were over 70 miles through the
high desert, the last three riding days averaged over 90 miles. My wife and I and our Tour Easys
made it every inch without a glitch, not even a flat. (I know I'll pay for that next year.)

Jeff

> Yep: http://homepage.mac.com/john4bho/PhotoAlbum23.html Scroll down the the photo captioned "Big
> Ha Ha Ha".

Very, very interesting. They look to be pretty heavy bikes. I cannot tell from the picture...are
they 16/20? or 20/26?

> Not surprising- CO this year was very tough. The first three days were over 70 miles through the
> high desert, the last three riding days averaged over 90 miles. My wife and I and our Tour Easys
> made it every inch without a glitch, not even a flat. (I know I'll pay for that next year.)

Watch out! You have said the words. Flat karma will be hunting you down!

Derek

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:52:24 GMT, Derek Swift <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Well, they did manage to survive Cycle Oregon. I'd be surprised if they didn't find some design
>> detail that needed changing.
>
>Did anyone actually see these bikes riding on Cycle Oregon? I had heard=20 they had been seen on
>trucks, but not actually being ridden.
>
>Derek

There were about half-a-dozen, being ridden at least some of the time. But they had their own SAG
truck, and several times, while slogging up interminable steep ascents ( of which this ride had more
than its share) that SAG passed me, carrying several bikes.

Derek Swift <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Yep: http://homepage.mac.com/john4bho/PhotoAlbum23.html Scroll down the the photo captioned "Big
> > Ha Ha Ha".
>
> Very, very interesting. They look to be pretty heavy bikes. I cannot tell from the picture...are
> they 16/20? or 20/26?

They had a 20/26 and a 20/20 available for test rides. I think the weights were in the mid-30
pound range.

> > Not surprising- CO this year was very tough. The first three days were over 70 miles through the
> > high desert, the last three riding days averaged over 90 miles. My wife and I and our Tour Easys
> > made it every inch without a glitch, not even a flat. (I know I'll pay for that next year.)
>
> Watch out! You have said the words. Flat karma will be hunting you down!
>
> Derek

I know! I know!

Jeff

I wrote on January 24th:

> > > Not surprising- CO this year was very tough. The first three days were over 70 miles through
> > > the high desert, the last three riding days averaged over 90 miles. My wife and I and our Tour
> > > Easys made it every inch without a glitch, not even a flat. (I know I'll pay for that next
> > > year.)
> >
> > Watch out! You have said the words. Flat karma will be hunting you down!
> >
> > Derek
>
> I know! I know!
>
> Jeff

And wouldn't you know it, my front tire inhales a chunk of glass on my commute yesterday morning.
Put a 1/2" slice in a perfectly good Tourlite EX. **Sigh**

In news, even though the tire had a good size slice in it, the Mr. Tuffy took the brunt of it and
the tube only required a small patch. Once I got to work, I brought the front wheel into my cube and
put a boot inside the tire.

At least now I've got a good excuse to try out one of those new Schwalbe Stelvio tires. :))

Jeff

[email protected] (Jeff Wills) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> > > Watch out! You have said the words. Flat karma will be hunting you down!
> > >
> > > Derek
> >
> > I know! I know!
> >
> > Jeff
>
> And wouldn't you know it, my front tire inhales a chunk of glass on my commute yesterday morning.
> Put a 1/2" slice in a perfectly good Tourlite EX. **Sigh**
>
> In news, even though the tire had a good size slice in it, the Mr. Tuffy took the brunt of it and
> the tube only required a small patch. Once I got to work, I brought the front wheel into my cube
> and put a boot inside the tire.
>
> At least now I've got a good excuse to try out one of those new Schwalbe Stelvio tires. :))
>
> Jeff

I bragged that I had only one flat on this one set of tires.....guess what very next day.....two,
both in less then ten miles.