Contador :CAS hearing

From my perspective it is more about the fate of a pro cyclist which fall into this category. If he were a pro cyclist/international terrorist on trial it would still be in this forum.

Oh. I thought it was a steak thread when I read the teaser.

"Either way there is a lot at steak."

Steak. Hehe. Clever.

Greg

... and just because getting this done has been dog slow:

Bertie.

I've no beef with the guy - 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000006th of a gram, give or take a zero or two. Really?

If he gets nailed then it once again shows no consistency given recent verdicts on similar cases.

Originally Posted by Mark George .

Alot at "steak" What is this a BBQ? Hahahahahahaha!

Sounds like it, perhaps he can steer his way through it ok?

So, there ARE gay dogs after all.

Wonder how many others there are that haven't come out yet.

Greg

maybe Schleck gets finally his Tour win,
case decision attended for january ?

It's too late. They won't do anything after 2 years. By the way three amateur cyclists were cought on EPO I've got to know today.

Originally Posted by mybikecoach .

It's too late. They won't do anything after 2 years. By the way three amateur cyclists were cought on EPO I've got to know today.

I agree. I can't see them overturning this due to the time that has elapsed.
He should be done for it but I think he'll get away this.

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]I thought steak was what was being served for lunch break during the hearings at which much is at stake![/COLOR] /img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

Originally Posted by DonCordier .

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]I thought steak was what was being served for lunch break during the hearings at which much is at stake![/COLOR] /img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

I hate to see the venom pointed at Contador in such awful magazines as Cycling Weekly and CycleSport. For goodness steak (!) give Albert a break will you.
He has put his case before the courts; it's up to the courts to pass judgment (rightly or wrongly). Innocent people in the past have been executed or jailed whilst some guilty peeps have been let out scot free. But that is the nature of any legal system. Probably gets it right 95% of the time. But whatever its not up to forum dwellers or that awful Robert Garbutt to decide. Not at all.

Originally Posted by ianf .

I hate to see the venom pointed at Contador in such awful magazines as Cycling Weekly and CycleSport. For goodness steak (!) give Albert a break will you.
He has put his case before the courts; it's up to the courts to pass judgment (rightly or wrongly). Innocent people in the past have been executed or jailed whilst some guilty peeps have been let out scot free. But that is the nature of any legal system. Probably gets it right 95% of the time. But whatever its not up to forum dwellers or that awful Robert Garbutt to decide. Not at all.
Unfortunately, it seems to be standard for people to start spraying venom long before any verdict--be it related to doping or some other legal matter--is passed. It doesn't matter where people from, their reactions and actions seem to be similar. With respect to doping, way too many people think they've got all the evidence and truth just because they read an article or saw something on the internet. The reality all too often is that the alleged evidence and truth they see is only what their bias lets them see. You could lay a bonafide fact right in their laps, and they'd refuse to see it or acknowledge that it's there if it doesn't fit their preconceived notions and/or bias. This bias pervades the media and the officials who are charged with leading a group (like officials from UCI and WADA in the case of cycling, as well as others in influential positions. Hell, it damn well seems as if people are found guilty before evidence is even heard or a verdict is reached in court in some ruling body's regulatory process. Just as there are no doubt cyclists who have doped who haven't been caught, I am pretty damned confident there are riders who've been sanctioned who weren't guilty of what they were charged.