do you pee off your bike?

Originally posted by zmanzzzz
just checking in on my greatest thread, evah!!! :D

Yeah, it's been going since May 2003, I reckon the topics only just reached midstream, two months to go 'til a year. :D

Hi,

I’m a MTB XC Racer that never before have to pee in the middle of a competition, but now that I’ll start racing on the road, I will have to try it,

For what I so here, it seems that pee while on the bike it’s a most for any roadie master!!!

Regards

When I did my first Iron Man, I was amazed at the number of people that had trained countless hours, bought every piece of Aero equipment, and spent thousands of dollars to shave a minute off of their bike leg (112 miles) and yet stopped on the side of the road for an extended pee. As I whizzed by them (yes, that is a pun) all I could think was that they must have been well trained by their mommies.
Loook, urine is sterile when you excrete it, and the time you save caan make a big difference. If you are freaked out about a little pee in yer pants, just hose them down with a water bottle, and focus on the race.
For road racing, just make sure you go to the back of the pack, and if you can't hold the pace, have a team mate ppush you from the opposite side (watch out for side winds!). That's how you know who yer friends are. Remember to turn to the side, to avoid peeing on yourself! Good luck, and bombs away!

Originally posted by FSAMattV
When I did my first Iron Man...

If you are freaked out about a little pee in yer pants, just hose them down with a water bottle, and focus on the race.

Ironman be careful you don't turn ito Rustman:)

When I did my first Iron Man, I was amazed at the number of people that had trained countless hours, bought every piece of Aero equipment, and spent thousands of dollars to shave a minute off of their bike leg (112 miles) and yet stopped on the side of the road for an extended pee. As I whizzed by them (yes, that is a pun) all I could think was that they must have been well trained by their mommies.
Loook, urine is sterile when you excrete it, and the time you save caan make a big difference. If you are freaked out about a little pee in yer pants, just hose them down with a water bottle, and focus on the race.
For road racing, just make sure you go to the back of the pack, and if you can't hold the pace, have a team mate ppush you from the opposite side (watch out for side winds!). That's how you know who yer friends are. Remember to turn to the side, to avoid peeing on yourself! Good luck, and bombs away!

hahaha whizzed by them..
great line...
i have never needed to stop for anything for 50 miles and under....
maybe use a water bottle?
8)

Originally posted by izzodesh
maybe use a water bottle?
8)

Ironmans' advice was great. To be honest if I found I was in the zone and then had to pee. I"d just go on my bike.
I wonder though. if it gets in the gearing, will it make it sticky??? oh....its mostly water. hmmm
I know !! maybe if you are totally diabetic it will.
HA!!! ok that was evil to people that are diabetic. Sorry.

I gues the moral of this story is to always have a little bottle of 'JUST WATER' with you in case these things happen.

I think if you have a perforated leathr saddle this would be a bad idea...

Actually, if you think about how much sweat, etc gets into a perf saddle, a little urine is the least of your worries. I doubt that a little pee would significantly affect your chain lube either.
Obviously, if you are racing, and your bladder is uncomfortably full, you need to decide what is more important, alittle pee in yer drawers, or feeling strong and going long. Of course, if there is a downhill...take advantage of the free roll.
Now I don't know about any of you, but but no matter how many times I go before a race, as soon as I line up, I gotta go again. I think it's my body getting rid of any extraneous weight. I hear that in Dog races, you should always bet on the one that extretes right before it competes. ANy thoughts?

Michael

just a quickie to say that I LOVE your 'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.'

Classic quote!

Alice :)

Originally posted by meehs
I think if you have a perforated leathr saddle this would be a bad idea...

It is possible (seen it done by a Guy called Justin Camerin) to **** (forgive the punn) a leg and hose out the bottom of your shorts while still pedling one legged WITHOUT getting any on yourself, the poor bastards behind is a diff story though.