How Contador & Valverde disappeared...

K'Ching said:
Would anyone care to summarize for the people who don't speak german?
Its speaks of a hand written note found in the Fuentes files with "A.C." and referring to blood extraction days the note also has J.J. for Jorg...... the report goes on to say that along with Valverde's note this was not included in the 6000 page report but only in the original report...... it goes on to say that like Armstrong Discovery/USPS appears to have protection from the UCI..........

I know that some reporters are working hard now. Some revelations could come before the end of TDF, but probably after some verifications are needed but I don't know if it's linked to Contador and OP, and or Rasmussen, or maybe other riders.
If our CyclingHeroes has some piece of informations, they are welcome.

My take on it is this. There is a document that lists Liberty Seguros 2005 doping plans using rider's initials. Jaksche has confirmed he is J.J. in the documents. Next to A.C. (Alberto Contador) is written "nothing or same as J.J.".

The article claims Contador (and Valverde) agreed to help the "federation" (Spanish, I assume) in exchange for being cleansed from the investigation. I'm pretty sure I've read elsewhere that the Spanish Federation has said riders are helping them. Helping them do what I'm not sure, since they've taken no action and have even tried to get an amnesty for the riders from the UCI. Anyway this document never went to the UCI, effectively removing Contador from the blacklisted riders. BTW, A.D. (Alan Davis) also is there which would explain his disappearance too.

The rest just says Contador was riding on Saiz's very dirty team for several years and then went to Armstrong's dirty team. And concludes he is still working with Fuentes and that is why he is riding exordinarily well this year.

Personally I'd place more money on him using Lance's old system which is obviously not the Checchini/Fuentes axis.

It's disgusting how the spanish goverment eliminated Basso and Ullrich, but protected their own young riders, so that they can now dominate the tour with their rivals gone.

If Puerto Contador wins this tour, he will be the most undeserving winner ever.

You people are such gluttons for punishment. As soon as a rider has any success whatsoever, you climb over each other to be the first to condemn him. Relax and enjoy the damn race.

IH8LANCE said:
You people are such gluttons for punishment. As soon as a rider has any success whatsoever, you climb over each other to be the first to condemn him. Relax and enjoy the damn race.
Why does this take any enjoyment from the race? This has been the best Tour in years.

It is quite refreshing to see how far a little investigative journalism can get you. The newspaper says that they have a copy of the note in which UCI says that document 31 (the one incriminating Contador) is not available to them.

I remember reading the Jaksche interview, and he claimed that there are different lists of names from the OP and that some riders (notably Piti) do not appear on the later ones. Seems he was correct there as well.

And Wayne666 has a good point. Appearantly Contador and Piti struck a deal to witness. But there's never been any trial. However, the deal might go quite a bit further since the article notes that even El Pais has stopped reporting about Contador and Piti with regard to the OP. Sounds almost like a conspiracy.

I find it inconceivable that Contador was not doping on Liberty Seguros. Saiz was a notorious control freak and micro manager. Is Contador and Disco to have us believe that everyone on LS was doping except for Contador?

Bruyneel's statements about Contador are laughable when you remember similar comments he made about Basso.

Bro Deal said:
I find it inconceivable that Contador was not doping on Liberty Seguros. Saiz was a notorious control freak and micro manager. Is Contador and Disco to have us believe that everyone on LS was doping except for Contador?

Bruyneel's statements about Contador are laughable when you remember similar comments he made about Basso.
i'm sure they all doped. but do you think he's doping now? if not, i don't see why he's undeserving. :confused:

Bro Deal said:
I don't think that Disco has ever made a statement indicating that everyone on LS was doping. Or that only Contador was excluded.

Regarding the reference, "AC - Nothing or he same as JJ", this clears Contador as much as damns him. Why would there be a "nothing" in there. The indication is probably that Contador was doing nothing, but that if he decided to start, he would get the same program as Jakshe.

Cobblestones said:
And Wayne666 has a good point. Appearantly Contador and Piti struck a deal to witness. But there's never been any trial.
A trial for what? Doping was not illegal in Spain. The whole purpose of the Spanish investigation was to establish if Fuentes had harmed anyone's health with his doping. If they were unable to establish that fact, then there was no case. The Spanish authorities had absolutely nothing to gain by having Contador roll over on any other riders, because doping was not illegal. So why would they offer him anmesty. Amnesty from what and for what. Contador had health problems, and it's possible that the Spanish authorities thought they might be able to make a connection. They did call on Contador to testify. And he did testify. But apparently they were not able to establish a connection. I can't see how an offer of amnesty would help the Spanish authorities get anything. Since they were not looking for riders or even DSs to nail, the questions they would have asked Contador could have been asked of him without giving him anything.

Wayne666 said:
Personally I'd place more money on him using Lance's old system which is obviously not the Checchini/Fuentes axis.
I agree. I think he's using Lance Potion #9.:p

saluki said:
I can't see how an offer of amnesty would help the Spanish authorities get anything. Since they were not looking for riders or even DSs to nail, the questions they would have asked Contador could have been asked of him without giving him anything.
The offer is suppose to be from the Spanish Federation although you can't rule out they were sharing information with the judiciary. They disappeared early in the investigation before any ruling was made, and I believe the decision for Fuentes has been appealed still. Finally, just because Contador didn't do anything illegal doesn't mean he isn't still under threat of suspension from the UCI.

Wayne666 said:
Why does this take any enjoyment from the race? This has been the best Tour in years.
+1. There's a lot people on this forum saying, "this is it. This is the end of pro cycling as we know it." But I hope no. I hope it's just the begining.

I love this doping drama. Does it distract from the racing on the course? I guess if you're a purest, but strictly from an entertainment standpoint, it can't be beat.

Look, I'll admit it. When I discovered Milli Vanilli lip synced, I was a little let down, but I still jammed out to their songs when they came on the car radio. Who didn't? I know Bro did. Doctor.House too. And at the same time I was calling for their heads.

The point I'm trying to make here is, you can enjoy both things. The excitement of a race and the prosecution by the authorities of the racers.

It's all good.

helmutRoole2 said:
+1. There's a lot people on this forum saying, "this is it. This is the end of pro cycling as we know it." But I hope no. I hope it's just the begining.

I love this doping drama. Does it distract from the racing on the course? I guess if you're a purest, but strictly from an entertainment standpoint, it can't be beat.

Look, I'll admit it. When I discovered Milli Vanilli lip synced, I was a little let down, but I still jammed out to their songs when they came on the car radio. Who didn't? I know Bro did. Doctor.House too. And at the same time I was calling for their heads.

The point I'm trying to make here is, you can enjoy both things. The excitement of a race and the prosecution by the authorities of the racers.

It's all good.
Absolutely!

helmutRoole2 said:
Self respect demands that I categorically deny that I ever rocked out to Milli Vanilli.

Other than that, point taken. The doping issue has added a huge amount of drama to cycling. It's more like a soap opera than a sport now. If we can get info on who Contador and Valverde has been stabbing in the back by cooperating then it will be even better.