More props to Todd Herriott.....

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Michael Gacki, Feb 23, 2003.

  1. In his last 3 races....Univest Grand Prix..1st Place, G.S. Mengoni Grand Prix...3rd place, and now
    the Vuelta a Cuba..1st place overall on GC. Which I also believe (but not positive) like his Univest
    win Todd becomes the 1st American to win the Tour de Cuba also. C'mon....I know the guy is 32 but
    will somebody please give him a

    Regards, Michael Gacki

    Tags:

  2. On 23 Feb 2003 18:33:11 -0800, [email protected] (Michael Gacki) wrote:

    >In his last 3 races....Univest Grand Prix..1st Place, G.S. Mengoni Grand Prix...3rd place, and now
    >the Vuelta a Cuba..1st place overall on GC. Which I also believe (but not positive) like his
    >Univest win Todd becomes the 1st American to win the Tour de Cuba also. C'mon....I know the guy is
    >32 but will somebody please give him a

    >Regards, Michael Gacki

    to my teammate"? bueller? beuller? somerville? anyone?

    go-go

  3. Bikerecker

    Bikerecker Guest

    >to my teammate"?

    Why shouldn't he? If he were my teammate, I would've done the same. Greg Miller

  4. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "Bikerecker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > >to my teammate"?
    >
    > Why shouldn't he? If he were my teammate, I would've done the same. Greg Miller

    Beats Todd coming here and spouting off about himself. Unlike several people we've discussed lately.

  5. "Michael Gacki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In his last 3 races....Univest Grand Prix..1st Place, G.S. Mengoni Grand Prix...3rd place, and now
    > the Vuelta a Cuba..1st place overall on GC. Which I also believe (but not positive) like his
    > Univest win Todd becomes the 1st American to win the Tour de Cuba also. C'mon....I know the guy is
    > 32 but will somebody please give him a

    > Regards, Michael Gacki

    If he was any good, Kissena would already have snapped him up and paid him a lot of money.

    Greg Avon is the best at spotting talent and developing riders, even if they are 32 year old
    0k dreamers.

    W. Belaforous Kelly

  6. Fausto

    Fausto Guest

    Maybe he should talk to Team Caffeine Suppository, aka Team Three Gee, if they don't go under before
    the season really starts.

    "Michael Gacki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In his last 3 races....Univest Grand Prix..1st Place, G.S. Mengoni Grand Prix...3rd place, and now
    > the Vuelta a Cuba..1st place overall on GC. Which I also believe (but not positive) like his
    > Univest win Todd becomes the 1st American to win the Tour de Cuba also. C'mon....I know the guy is
    > 32 but will somebody please give him a

    > Regards, Michael Gacki

  7. gopheur de chuckhole <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 23 Feb 2003 18:33:11 -0800, [email protected] (Michael Gacki) wrote:
    >
    > >In his last 3 races....Univest Grand Prix..1st Place, G.S. Mengoni Grand Prix...3rd place, and
    > >now the Vuelta a Cuba..1st place overall on GC. Which I also believe (but not positive) like his
    > >Univest win Todd becomes the 1st American to win the Tour de Cuba also. C'mon....I know the guy
    > >is 32 but will somebody please give him a

    > >Regards, Michael Gacki
    >

    > to my teammate"? bueller? beuller? somerville? anyone?
    >
    > go-go

    Dear Einstein,(this means you gopheur)

    Before you go "spouting off" out of your ass...maybe you should get you facts correct. Todd rode
    for our team last year, but is now a member of Wheelworks/Cannondale. Todd and I continue to be
    friends, so that being said, I thought his 'palmares' were worth mentioning. For 2 reasons, #1.,
    he is the first American to win not only Univest, but the Vuelta a Cuba, and #2., here is a guy
    who is a proven winner, why wouldn't a pro team want to sign him? What have you won?

    Warmest Regards, Michael Gacki

  8. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    "Michael Gacki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > gopheur de chuckhole <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > On 23 Feb 2003 18:33:11 -0800, [email protected] (Michael Gacki) wrote:
    > >
    > > >In his last 3 races....Univest Grand Prix..1st Place, G.S. Mengoni Grand Prix...3rd place, and
    > > >now the Vuelta a Cuba..1st place overall on GC. Which I also believe (but not positive) like
    > > >his Univest win Todd becomes the 1st American to win the Tour de Cuba also. C'mon....I know the
    > > >guy is 32 but will somebody please give him a

    > > >Regards, Michael Gacki
    > >

    > > to my teammate"? bueller? beuller? somerville? anyone?
    > >
    > > go-go
    >
    > Dear Einstein,(this means you gopheur)
    >
    > Before you go "spouting off" out of your ass...maybe you should get you facts correct. Todd
    > rode for our team last year, but is now a member of Wheelworks/Cannondale. Todd and I continue
    > to be friends, so that being said, I thought his 'palmares' were worth mentioning. For 2
    > reasons, #1., he is the first American to win not only Univest, but the Vuelta a Cuba, and #2.,
    > here is a guy who is a proven winner, why wouldn't a pro team want to sign him?

    Mike,

    Why don't you ask Todd why he can't get signed by a Pro team instead of asking the retards here?

    Thanks, Ronde Champ

  9. "Michael Gacki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Before you go "spouting off" out of your ass...maybe you should get you facts correct. Todd
    > rode for our team last year, but is now a member of Wheelworks/Cannondale. Todd and I continue
    > to be friends, so that being said, I thought his 'palmares' were worth mentioning. For 2
    > reasons, #1., he is the first American to win not only Univest, but the Vuelta a Cuba, and #2.,
    > here is a guy who is a proven winner,

    Have any other Americans even done Tour of Cuba? I thought it was illegal for us to travel there.

    K. Gringioni winner, Tour of Antarctica

  10. Amit

    Amit Guest

    "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > Mike,
    >
    > Why don't you ask Todd why he can't get signed by a Pro team instead of asking the retards here?
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Champ

    What makes you think everyone who can will want to ride for a regional "pro" team ? What do you
    get that you don't on a amateur team or riding for yourself ? other than maybe matching
    arm-warmers that is.

    A lot of the "pro" teams won't even get to go to the big shows (Wachovia, SFGP).

  11. "Fausto" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Maybe he should talk to Team Caffeine Suppository, aka Team Three Gee, if they don't go under
    > before the season really starts.

    Team Three Gee has got some character, to say the least. The cycling underground also calls them
    "the Brotherhood". I prefer "The Needle" since that is a more potent method than the one you
    mention, but my nicknames never stick.

    Any word on what the NECKCAR underground thinks?

    K. Gringioni wannabee 4th Gee NECKCAR fan

  12. "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:50v6a.15047

    > Have any other Americans even done Tour of Cuba? I thought it was illegal for us to travel there.

    It's generally illegal for US citizens to bring money and other resources there, though there are
    exceptions for certain types of activities (cultural exchanges among others, which bike racing may
    be considered part of). But its not illegal to go. I've been there for work. And lots of US racers
    -- including some fattie masters -- go there for the pan-am masters races each fall.

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  13. "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > Have any other Americans even done Tour of Cuba? I thought it was illegal for us to travel there.
    >
    > K. Gringioni winner, Tour of Antarctica

    There are a lot of Americans who have raced in Cuba (when I say a lot, I mean probably > 200).

    Going for an organized sporting event is a fairly common and valid reason for traveling to Cuba. As
    you probably know, the embargo is a US sanctioned thing, not Cuban or any other country. From the
    Cuban perspective, they have no problem with Americans visiting. That's why boats zip back and forth
    between Key West and Havana every day. Not just Cubans or Americans either. Lots of Canadians who
    winter there go to Key West for supplies. Americans who want to be tourists in Cuba can go via an
    intermediate country such as Mexico or a multitude of Caribbean or South American countries. You
    just need to go with a pocketful of cash because if you have a Visa through an American bank, Cuba
    is the one place they cannot honor your card (or any other American credit card).

    As for the Tour of Antarctica, about 4 years ago a bunch of us were heading from Miami to the
    Dominican Republic for a race and met up with some people who had just flown back from doing a
    marathon in Antarctica. Talk about badass. They said it was warmer than they expected, with temps
    in the 30's
    f.

    Carl First person ever to call the Neil Rogers Show from Cuba.