Re: What Happened to This NG?, was Strada Wheelset Upgrade

harv

Guest
Adding ED to your killfile nullifies his moronic yawn inducing drivel, by
taking him out of the threads as if he was never here. This makes ARBR
pretty much as is always was.
"Doug Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> And now you ought to see the spam-**** flooding in. I got to somebody.

Heh

"harv" <harv*dontsendmespam*@spininternet.com> wrote
> Adding ED to your killfile nullifies his moronic yawn inducing drivel, by
> taking him out of the threads as if he was never here.

Yes, the smallest "ignored posters" list may do wonders.

> This makes ARBR pretty much as [it] always was.

Not really, but then the newsgroup never is as it
as it always was, for very long. %^)

Filtering is a tool, but not a panacea.

Imagine you have special magic glasses that filter out
the appearance of vandalism. Your impression of some
neighborhoods could be quite different from that of
someone not wearing those glasses.

For someone not familiar with the ARBR newsgroup, the
current appearance of our "neighborhood" may lack curb
appeal. Even people who know *who* and *how* to filter
are not immune to the changes even only the smallest number
of "vandals" can and have effected in ARBR.

Many knowledgeable, experienced, insightful and generous
regular contributors are no longer regular here. Some have
moved to "gated" communities, others have probably
simply "gone fishin'."

C'est la vie. Things get worse before they get better,--
and who said things were going to get better...

Jon Meinecke

"harv" <harv*dontsendmespam*@spininternet.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Adding ED to your killfile nullifies his moronic yawn inducing drivel, by
> taking him out of the threads as if he was never here. This makes ARBR
> pretty much as is [it] always was.

[...]

Another g.d. idiot top poster! The advantage for me of being in their kill
file is that I do not have to be bothered with them either. So it is very
nice all around. Idiots should only be conversing with other idiots. We
intelligent types lose all patience with them after awhile.

However, if I want to say something nasty about one of their moronic posts
that is appearing in ARBR, they will not know what I have said about them
and I will not have to listen to their feeble objections. But I ask you -
how smart is that of them? But like all idiots, they think ignorance is
bliss and what they don't know won't hurt them. Their heads may be in the
sand (like ostriches), but their asses are in the air for me to take pot
shots at. Who could ask for anything more?

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Jon Meinecke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "harv" <harv*dontsendmespam*@spininternet.com> wrote
> > Adding ED to your killfile nullifies his moronic yawn inducing drivel,

by
> > taking him out of the threads as if he was never here.

And now that heavy weight and very serious person Mr. Jon Meinecke weighs in
with an opinion that we have all heard a hundred times before!

> Yes, the smallest "ignored posters" list may do wonders.
>
> > This makes ARBR pretty much as [it] always was.

> Not really, but then the newsgroup never is as it
> [as it] always was, for very long. %^)
>
> Filtering is a tool, but not a panacea.
>
> Imagine you have special magic glasses that filter out
> the appearance of vandalism. Your impression of some
> neighborhoods could be quite different from that of
> someone not wearing those glasses.

I have been saying this about the kill filers from day one. They are
ostriches and they are about as stupid as those fabulous birds also. They
stick their heads in the sand and leave their asses wide open for me to take
pot shots at. I mean, does it get any stupider than that?

> For someone not familiar with the ARBR newsgroup, the
> current appearance of our "neighborhood" may lack curb
> appeal. Even people who know *who* and *how* to filter
> are not immune to the changes even only the smallest number
> of "vandals" can and have effected in ARBR.

ARBR has got to be at least a thousand times more attractive than when you
and yours were dominating these threads with your mindless drivel about
"technicalities" which only an insane person could possibly be interested
in. The only vandals I know about are all those hateful liberals who were
forever spouting their nonsense on this forum before I showed up. They could
dish it out but they couldn't take it. Spiteful, hateful and treasonous!
That is your typcal liberal! They are mostly gone now, but Meinecke would
like them back because he was one of them.

> Many knowledgeable, experienced, insightful and generous
> regular contributors are no longer regular here. Some have
> moved to "gated" communities, others have probably
> simply "gone fishin'."

They were all the most obnoxious liberals in the world and it is good
riddance to bad rubbish. May they never come back to pester us ever again
with their inanities. God is in His Heaven and all is right with the world
as long as those old-timers stay the hell away from us. I think that is
probably where they are at anyway - in Hell ... for all their transgressions
they performed here on ARBR in their former lives.

> C'est la vie. Things get worse before they get better,--
> and who said things were going to get better...

C'est la vie indeed! Things are now infinitely better. The old posting
(minus the liberal diatribes and all the hate speech) ) goes on as before
with questions and answers about recumbent trivia and I am monitoring
anything that pretends to be the least bit intellectual. ARBR is now
enjoying the best of both worlds without the input of scoundrels like
Meinecke and his cohort. We are witnessing a Golden Age of ARBR!

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

PS. I always greatly enjoy these threads where we discuss housekeeping on
ARBR. And they seem to occur at very regular intervals too, usually at least
bimonthly.

"Jon Meinecke" wrote in message

> For someone not familiar with the ARBR newsgroup, the
> current appearance of our "neighborhood" may lack curb
> appeal.
> even only the smallest number of "vandals" can and have effected ARBR.

Thanks for your poetic insight, it is indeed sad to see the
neighborhood take such a dive, I haven't posted here since 2001 but
do often think of the previous cast of ARBR. Usually helpful,
certainly colorful, thanks for letting me participate, I tried to be
helpful too...
know in your hearts that I (just some stranger) am still out there,
riding and having a great time. Thanks for the positive vibes, you're
still with me. *LOVE RULES*

~ot

Jon Meinecke said:
"harv" <harv*dontsendmespam*@spininternet.com> wrote
> Adding ED to your killfile nullifies his moronic yawn inducing drivel, by
> taking him out of the threads as if he was never here.

Yes, the smallest "ignored posters" list may do wonders.

> This makes ARBR pretty much as [it] always was.

Not really, but then the newsgroup never is as it
as it always was, for very long. %^)

Filtering is a tool, but not a panacea.

Imagine you have special magic glasses that filter out
the appearance of vandalism. Your impression of some
neighborhoods could be quite different from that of
someone not wearing those glasses.

For someone not familiar with the ARBR newsgroup, the
current appearance of our "neighborhood" may lack curb
appeal. Even people who know *who* and *how* to filter
are not immune to the changes even only the smallest number
of "vandals" can and have effected in ARBR.

Many knowledgeable, experienced, insightful and generous
regular contributors are no longer regular here. Some have
moved to "gated" communities, others have probably
simply "gone fishin'."

C'est la vie. Things get worse before they get better,--
and who said things were going to get better...

Jon Meinecke

Nice analogy.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Jon Meinecke" wrote in message
>
> > For someone not familiar with the ARBR newsgroup, the
> > current appearance of our "neighborhood" may lack curb
> > appeal.
> > even only the smallest number of "vandals" can and have effected ARBR.

> Thanks for your poetic insight, it is indeed sad to see the
> neighborhood take such a dive, I haven't posted here since 2001 but
> do often think of the previous cast of ARBR. Usually helpful,
> certainly colorful, thanks for letting me participate, I tried to be
> helpful too...
> know in your hearts that I (just some stranger) am still out there,
> riding and having a great time. Thanks for the positive vibes, you're
> still with me. *LOVE RULES*

Yes, "love" rules even though innocent people are being killed every day by
Muslim terrorists out of nothing but sheer hatred. And it is all being
motivated by a so-called religion of peace and love, the g.d Muslim
religion! Yes, by all means - love rules! In the mean time, we need to get
busy and kill as many of the bastards as we can. A few atom bombs dropped
here and there wouldn't hurt anything either and might do a world of good.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota