Re: What Happened to This NG?, was Strada Wheelset Upgrade

Carol Cohen

Guest
"Doug Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> And now you ought to see the spam-**** flooding in. I got to somebody. Heh
> heh heh
>
> "Doug Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:...
> | Put 'im in the killfile.

Hi, Doug --

Wish I could. But I view newsgroups directly on google
(http://groups/google.com). And when I scroll down within a thread,
there are those unavoidable (unless I close my eyes while I scroll)
rants. I wonder if he has time to bike. I wonder (don't advise me
not to) what sort of person he is, in person. His interpretation of
the name "Carol" as gender-ambiguous suggests someone who speaks
English as a second language. His inability to detect humor in
postings may also be attributable to this language problem. And the
fact that he must be the last to post or reply on a thread, indicates
profound insecurity. In fact (as I wrote before), I bet he won't be
able to let this go by. I will donate $10 (to go to an annual charity
bike ride such as the Diabetes Assoc. ones) that he will continue
inappropriately to respond, and will post again on this thread, or
deliberately start a new one with a similar content.

Y'know, we could raise a great deal of charity money this way.

C.C.

P.S. -- Hi, Tom Sherman -- I always love your footnoted style.

P.P.S. to Doug -- "Fora" -- terrific!

"Carol Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Doug Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > And now you ought to see the spam-**** flooding in. I got to somebody.

Heh
> > heh heh
> >
> > "Doug Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:...
> > | Put 'im in the killfile.

> Hi, Doug --
>
> Wish I could. But I view newsgroups directly on google
> (http://groups/google.com). And when I scroll down within a thread,
> there are those unavoidable (unless I close my eyes while I scroll)
> rants. I wonder if he has time to bike. I wonder (don't advise me
> not to) what sort of person he is, in person. His interpretation of
> the name "Carol" as gender-ambiguous suggests someone who speaks
> English as a second language.

Look up Carol Reed, perhaps one of the greatest movie directors of all time.
It is a common man's name in England. If you want the world to know that you
are a woman, then so indicate that by a Ms. This group is almost exclusively
all men.

His inability to detect humor in
> postings may also be attributable to this language problem. And the
> fact that he must be the last to post or reply on a thread, indicates
> profound insecurity. In fact (as I wrote before), I bet he won't be
> able to let this go by. I will donate $10 (to go to an annual charity
> bike ride such as the Diabetes Assoc. ones) that he will continue
> inappropriately to respond, and will post again on this thread, or
> deliberately start a new one with a similar content.

Ms. Carol is reacting emotionally like all women do. The fact is I have
never started a single thread on ARBR (except for a couple of very special
ones that were short and sweet). Her attempts at analysis of personality are
pitiful and not to be given any credence. The fact that I do not put smileys
at the end of very many of my statements ought to indicate that I am
trusting to the intelligence of my readers to get the drift of my humor
unaided. The problem with this newsgroup is that most on it are just not too
bright and do not know how to read (let alone write).

I have already explained to Ms. Carol that if and when anyone on this
newsgroup ever says anything the least bit intelligent I will be rendered
speechless and I will not have to respond. But I have determined that idiots
are not going to have the last word. Ms. Carol has a long ways to go before
she renders me speechless with her intelligence.

By the way, I always "appropriately" respond because I know how to read even
very idiotic posts. But I am a world class expert at detecting impoliteness
and so I beat the rascal to the punch with my own unique brand of
impoliteness. It is called preemption. This comes from a long life of having
to deal with liberals who are all scoundrels without any exceptions
whatsoever. But mostly they are just treasonous - which is reason enough to
want to see them dead.

> Y'know, we could raise a great deal of charity money this way.

Your charities are nothing but rat holes for wasted money. Diabetes is
getting worse with every passing generation and there is no cure in sight.

> C.C.

That should be Ms. C.C.

> P.S. -- Hi, Tom Sherman -- I always love your footnoted style.

Footnoting on Usenet is nothing but an affectation of wanna-be scholars.
Even Scott (a real scholar) does not do that on Usenet. Mr. Tom does it
because no one else does it and it gives him some cachet with fools like
you!

> P.P.S. to Doug -- "Fora" -- terrific!

Fora is as dumb as it gets. Doug is a wanna-be intellectual too, but he
doesn't realize you have to go to college and get a liberal arts education
before you know it is just plain stupid to pretend to these numskull
affectations. It is always best to write English the way all the great
writers of prose do. Of course, you would have to read some of these great
writers in order to know that!

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Ms. Carol is reacting emotionally like all women do.

[etc etc snipped]

So I have to use a gender-specific title to post on this newsgroup,
do I, Mr. Dolan? Not too many women post here, do they? I wonder
why. I guess being a ***** is a prerequisite. -- Oops, I meant
having; my bad.

Lady C.

Carol Cohen wrote:

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Ms. Carol is reacting emotionally like all women do.

> [etc etc snipped]
>
> So I have to use a gender-specific title to post on this newsgroup,
> do I, Mr. Dolan? Not too many women post here, do they? I wonder
> why. I guess being a ***** is a prerequisite. -- Oops, I meant
> having; my bad.
>
> Lady C.

I realised very early on that Ed is a complete ******. He's on my
killfile, so I see no posts from him at all (apart from the *very*
occasional bit in a quote).

It's great. Information without all the **** :)

--

Velvet

Carol Cohen wrote:
> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Ms. Carol is reacting emotionally like all women do.

> [etc etc snipped]
>
> So I have to use a gender-specific title to post on this newsgroup,
> do I, Mr. Dolan? Not too many women post here, do they? I wonder
> why. I guess being a ***** is a prerequisite. -- Oops, I meant
> having; my bad.
>
> Lady C.

In January I got a recumbent bike and did get some decent advice from ED
at first contact with this news group about hill climbing.
Within 3 days it was obvious that this group had what we Ex Marines call
the 1% in the person Of Ed Dolan. A would be s**t disturber that for
some reason a lot of this group argues with to no avail.
On the forth day I kill filed him and since didn't realize he was still
here until lately when his followers don't snip enough of his posts.
My advice is to PLOINK him and enjoy the rest of this group as it's a
great bunch of people.

Jerry '70 years old and doing 150 miles a week' Doss

"Carol Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...

> > Ms. Carol is reacting emotionally like all women do.

> [etc etc snipped]
>
> So I have to use a gender-specific title to post on this newsgroup,
> do I, Mr. Dolan? Not too many women post here, do they? I wonder
> why. I guess being a ***** is a prerequisite. -- Oops, I meant
> having; my bad.
>
> Lady C.

Ms. Carol is reacting emotionally like all women do. But she would be well
advised to leave the invective to us men. It ill becomes a woman. If she
keeps it up we will begin to think she is not a lady.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Velvet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Carol Cohen wrote:
>
> > "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...

> >>Ms. Carol is reacting emotionally like all women do.

> > [etc etc snipped]
> >
> > So I have to use a gender-specific title to post on this newsgroup,
> > do I, Mr. Dolan? Not too many women post here, do they? I wonder
> > why. I guess being a ***** is a prerequisite. -- Oops, I meant
> > having; my bad.
> >
> > Lady C.

> I realised very early on that Ed is a complete ******. He's on my
> killfile, so I see no posts from him at all (apart from the *very*
> occasional bit in a quote).
>
> It's great. Information without all the **** :)

Not everyone on this newsgroup is as intellectually stunted as you are. Hope
you don't choke to death on all that "great information" you are getting
from the dullards here.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"gcdoss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Carol Cohen wrote:
> > "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...

> >>Ms. Carol is reacting emotionally like all women do.

> > [etc etc snipped]
> >
> > So I have to use a gender-specific title to post on this newsgroup,
> > do I, Mr. Dolan? Not too many women post here, do they? I wonder
> > why. I guess being a ***** is a prerequisite. -- Oops, I meant
> > having; my bad.
> >
> > Lady C.

> In January I got a recumbent bike and did get some decent advice from ED
> at first contact with this news group about hill climbing.
> Within 3 days it was obvious that this group had what we Ex Marines call
> the 1% in the person Of Ed Dolan. A would be s**t disturber that for
> some reason a lot of this group argues with to no avail.
> On the forth day I kill filed him and since didn't realize he was still
> here until lately when his followers don't snip enough of his posts.
> My advice is to PLOINK him and enjoy the rest of this group as it's a
> great bunch of people.
>
> Jerry '70 years old and doing 150 miles a week' Doss

Anyone like Jerry who comes to a newsgroup to make friends and have good
feelings is beyond the pale. Are there no flesh and blood people where he
lives that he can pal around with? But he is 70 years old and who the hell
knows what is going on his mind. We do know that the brightest bulbs in the
Services were not Marines - don't we?

If I ever gave him any advice and he did not take it, then he is not only a
fool, but an old fool (the worst kind). But now you see why I do not waste
my time giving anyone any advice ever (except to go jump in the lake). It is
a fool's errand which only the Tom Sherman's of this world undertake to do
because hope springs eternal in their little breasts. I know better. I just
call all these information seekers ignoramuses and let it go at that.
Basically, their ignorance is unconquerable!

It is greatly to my advantage that all the idiots have kill filed me as then
I am not bothered with their stupidities. It saves time all around.

Just for the record, has this character Jerry (the ex-Marine) ever posted
anything to this newsgroup that any of us would ever want to read? He should
have been in the Navy where all the brighter bulbs were. We at least knew
that kill filing is never a solution to anything. But we all know that
Marines (and ex-Marines) love to kill things - don't we?

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

PS. s**t is spelled ****. If you are going to use words like that then you
might as well spell them out properly. Even Lady Carol and Velvet (another
woman?) won't be offended. I suspect the both of them hear far worse every
day of their lives.

[from Dolan posting]

> >being a ***** is a prerequisite.
> >
> > Lady C.

>But she would be well
> advised to leave the invective to us men. It ill becomes a woman. If she
> keeps it up we will begin to think she is not a lady.

Light bulb goes on over my head: this is Brian Clark. Remember him,
old a.r.b.r's? Late 1990's, outrageous invective, but funny. Guess
he got older, now posts from funny farm where they surgically
funny-lobectomized him.

C.C.

"Carol Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote

> Light bulb goes on over my head: this is Brian Clark.

Nah, not likely. Clark seemed too young for the class of 1954.

> Remember him, old a.r.b.r's?

As a '98-er, yes, of course.
AK Beth's not posting here either.
Nor Bob-BikeE's-not-my-favorite-Cardone. %^)
All gone long before the talking horse...
Cletus has gone fishin' more recently.
Gin still seen, but rarely.

> Late 1990's, outrageous invective

There perhaps is a resemblance in style:

http://groups.google.com/[email protected]

Jon Meinecke

"Carol Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [from Dolan posting]
>
> > >being a ***** is a prerequisite.
> > >
> > > Lady C.

> >But she would be well
> > advised to leave the invective to us men. It ill becomes a woman. If she
> > keeps it up we will begin to think she is not a lady.

> Light bulb goes on over my head: this is Brian Clark. Remember him,
> old a.r.b.r's? Late 1990's, outrageous invective, but funny. Guess
> he got older, now posts from funny farm where they surgically
> funny-lobectomized him.

I mean to be interesting and entertaining, not necessarily funny. Funny is
for clowns! Try to cultivate the sensibilities of wit and insight combined
with overall intelligence and then you may eventually be able to appreciate
me. But I am not going to hold my breath.

You also need to get rid of your favorite word - *****. Just because you
don't have one doesn't mean you should hold it against those of us who do.
You might want to discuss this with your husband provided you have one of
course (highly doubtful).

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Jon Meinecke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Carol Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > Light bulb goes on over my head: this is Brian Clark.

> Nah, not likely. Clark seemed too young for the class of 1954.

Mr. Meinecke and Ms. Carol are both a couple of sneaky back stabbers.
Imagine someone that would look up your graduation from high school to get
fix on your age. It is only fair to tell the both of you that I am a
confirmed bachelor and I have no romantic interest in either of you.

> > Remember him, old a.r.b.r's?

> As a '98-er, yes, of course.
> AK Beth's not posting here either.
> Nor Bob-BikeE's-not-my-favorite-Cardone. %^)
> All gone long before the talking horse...
> Cletus has gone fishin' more recently.
> Gin still seen, but rarely.
>
> > Late 1990's, outrageous invective

> There perhaps is a resemblance in style:

http://groups.google.com/[email protected]

> Jon Meinecke

This Brian Clark seems like a kindred spirit to me. But I am not in the
funny business, but I guess I may very well be in the insult business. Also,
any attempts at wit on this group is a waste of time and effort. It is best
just to go for the jugular every time. I want to be understood above all
else - and all these donkeys here need to be hit over the head with a 2 x 4
just to get their attention.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

> > Remember him, old a.r.b.r's?
>
> As a '98-er, yes, of course.
> AK Beth's not posting here either.
> Nor Bob-BikeE's-not-my-favorite-Cardone. %^)
> All gone long before the talking horse...
> Cletus has gone fishin' more recently.
> Gin still seen, but rarely.

I remember all those. Cardone was a trip. He ventured off into remote
control vehicles of some sort, if memory serves me correct.

Thanks for the memories!

Mark

"Jon Meinecke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Carol Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > Light bulb goes on over my head: this is Brian Clark.

> Nah, not likely. Clark seemed too young for the class of 1954.
>
> > Remember him, old a.r.b.r's?

> As a '98-er, yes, of course.
> AK Beth's not posting here either.
> Nor Bob-BikeE's-not-my-favorite-Cardone. %^)
> All gone long before the talking horse...
> Cletus has gone fishin' more recently.
> Gin still seen, but rarely.
>
> > Late 1990's, outrageous invective

Individuals come and go on newsgroups the same as they do in real life for
reasons of their own . Those who think anyone is driving anyone off a
newsgroup are crazy. Someone who was formerly on a newsgroup and who is now
gone ... others who perhaps liked that person will claim that so-and-so was
responsible for him leaving. How totally ridiculous! Ask yourself - could
someone drive you off of a newsgroup if you didn't otherwise want to leave?
Of course not!

Those who make these absurd claims just want so-and-so to leave because they
do not like the opinions being expressed by so-and-so. But newsgroups are
all about opinions. Eventually everyone gets tired of argument and will
leave for greener pastures elsewhere. Even I, The Great One, will someday
leave this group because I will tire of it. But enjoy me while I am here
instead of complaining like cry babies.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > As a '98-er, yes, of course.
> > AK Beth's not posting here either.
> > Nor Bob-BikeE's-not-my-favorite-Cardone. %^)
> > All gone long before the talking horse...
> > Cletus has gone fishin' more recently.
> > Gin still seen, but rarely.
> >
> > > Late 1990's, outrageous invective

> Individuals come and go on newsgroups the same as they do in real life for
> reasons of their own . Those who think anyone is driving anyone off a
> newsgroup are crazy. Someone who was formerly on a newsgroup and who is

now
> gone ... others who perhaps liked that person will claim that so-and-so

was
> responsible for him leaving. How totally ridiculous! Ask yourself - could
> someone drive you off of a newsgroup if you didn't otherwise want to

leave?
> Of course not!

For once Ed I agree with you, if someone doesn't like what someone else is
saying they can easily ignore them AND any message mentioning them in most
available newsgroup software, its a simple matter of learning how to do it
and it isn't hard at all.

Someone can't be "driven" from any newsgroup, they choose to do so

"Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

[...]
> > Individuals come and go on newsgroups the same as they do in real life

for
> > reasons of their own . Those who think anyone is driving anyone off a
> > newsgroup are crazy. Someone who was formerly on a newsgroup and who is

> now
> > gone ... others who perhaps liked that person will claim that so-and-so

> was
> > responsible for him leaving. How totally ridiculous! Ask yourself -

could
> > someone drive you off of a newsgroup if you didn't otherwise want to

> leave?
> > Of course not!

> For once Ed I agree with you, if someone doesn't like what someone else is
> saying they can easily ignore them AND any message mentioning them in most
> available newsgroup software, its a simple matter of learning how to do it
> and it isn't hard at all.
>
> Someone can't be "driven" from any newsgroup, they choose to do so

Easy there Mark! Are you trying to give me a heart attack? I am not used to
having anyone agree with me about anything. It has gotten to the point where
I just naturally expect nothing but opposition and condemnation. It also
helps my equanimity if I am being called an idiot and a moron too. But
still, it is nice to be agreed with however rarely.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > Someone can't be "driven" from any newsgroup, they choose to do so

> Easy there Mark! Are you trying to give me a heart attack? I am not used

> having anyone agree with me about anything. It has gotten to the point

where
> I just naturally expect nothing but opposition and condemnation. It also
> helps my equanimity if I am being called an idiot and a moron too. But
> still, it is nice to be agreed with however rarely.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Just because you are generally an idiot doesn't mean you can't say something
right once in a while

Just to point something out, you never see
us 'wrongups' infighting like this.

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Carol Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> I mean to be interesting and entertaining, not necessarily funny. Funny is
> for clowns! Try to cultivate the sensibilities of wit and insight combined
> with overall intelligence and then you may eventually be able to appreciate
> me.

(weary sigh) He may think he is a master of wit but baiting him is
too tempting to resist. And Mr. Ed, that's pronounced DOO-buhl
on-TAHN-druh.

My advice to you: keep posts short and you'll be more entertaining.
Further, keep more posts nonexistent and we'll be happier.

C.C.,Rider
2000 Toureasy

"Carol Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Carol Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > I mean to be interesting and entertaining, not necessarily funny. Funny

is
> > for clowns! Try to cultivate the sensibilities of wit and insight

combined
> > with overall intelligence and then you may eventually be able to

appreciate
> > me.

> (weary sigh) He may think he is a master of wit but baiting him is
> too tempting to resist. And Mr. Ed, that's pronounced DOO-buhl
> on-TAHN-druh.
>
> My advice to you: keep posts short and you'll be more entertaining.
> Further, keep more posts nonexistent and we'll be happier.
>
> C.C.,Rider
> 2000 Toureasy

Ms. Carol is reacting emotionally like all women do.

My posts are exactly the right length. Most here post way too short. Some
very few (who are really odd characters) post way too long.

A proper post should always consist of at least three paragraphs. The first
paragraph should be a direct response to what was previously said. The
second paragraph should be your own addition to carry the conversation
forward. And the third paragraph should be a summing up and evaluation to
date. You need to work on all of this yourself as your posts are far from
perfect.

I have already explained to you previously that I am not concerned with
being witty or funny. I mean to make my points in the most direct manner
possible while at the same time being interesting and entertaining. Being
those two things has nothing to do with being witty or funny. You should
strive for the same end yourself instead of beating about the bush - like
most women do.

If you are riding a Tour Easy, then you have got it right. Nothing handles
as well and it is also fast. And if you get a sufficient lean back to the
seat, you can even be fairly comfortable on them.

Your double entendre totally escapes me. But then if you have to explain it
you have obviously not done it right.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota