The Thread about Nothing....

ed073 said:
got my aunt to tape the Ch 4 coverage in Manchester then post over about 8 VHS tapes!!
LOL. There was that bloke in Bendigo getting tapes of the classics from somewhere in Belgium, or Peter 'smelly' Delongville getting old Mrs Desnerck to tape the races for him. :D

classic1 said:
LOL. There was that bloke in Bendigo getting tapes of the classics from somewhere in Belgium

That's right....forgot about him.

Gooldy lent me the 88 worlds on a strict, short-term contract once.

Was viewing gold.

ed073 said:
Gold.

Might be the first 11-speed Record group in australia!
I'm trying to dream up a good reason to buy myself some Super-Record. I can get my grubby hands on it in the first week of September.

Anyone wanna buy a frame or ten? ;)

New 'Ride' sticking out the letterbox when I got home tonight....No 'Tigger' review, did ya get bumped by PBH's ad budget for the 'Oppy'?

Geez I'm loving that GT forum...reminds me of the good ol early days of TAT at BF....now all we need is Koffee!

Oh, BTW welcome down here to our avid 'lurker' Bro Deal :D

Hitchy said:
New 'Ride' sticking out the letterbox when I got home tonight....No 'Tigger' review, did ya get bumped by PBH's ad budget for the 'Oppy'?
Nah, we'll be in the next one. I'm finishing the frame now, with the build coming next week before it's off to Sydney.

Kinda ridiculous how long **** like this takes.

(Shuddup Ma :p)

Thylacine said:
Nah, we'll be in the next one. I'm finishing the frame now, with the build coming next week before it's off to Sydney.

You supplying the whole build, or just the frame & letting them choose the components?...if the lot..waddiya putting on it?

Well whaddya know
SAVINGS & LOANS CYCLING TEAM
27 DICKESON, WillSturt Holdfast MarionELITEM
28 ROE, TimothyNorwood CCM23
29 GILL, RussellNorwood CCM23
30 LUXTON, ChristopherNorwood CCELITEM
31 EDMUNDS, BradEchuca-Moama CCELITEM
32 PEARSON, JoelEurobodalla CTCELITEM
33 McCARTNEY, CraigFootscray Cycling ClubELITEM

Solid team. Gippsland is gonna hurt.

Hitchy said:
You supplying the whole build, or just the frame & letting them choose the components?...if the lot..waddiya putting on it?
First sensible build they've seen in a while I reckon.......SRAM Force, Thomson stem and post, Flite saddle, Easton Aluminium bars, DTSwiss/White Industries handbuilt wheels.......

Only bit of carbon on it will be the forks, and even then they're getting a set of steel forks so they can 'contrast and compare'.

Hopefully they won't bag the **** out of it.

Thylacine said:
First sensible build they've seen in a while I reckon.......SRAM Force, Thomson stem and post, Flite saddle, Easton Aluminium bars, DTSwiss/White Industries handbuilt wheels.......

Only bit of carbon on it will be the forks, and even then they're getting a set of steel forks so they can 'contrast and compare'.

Hopefully they won't bag the **** out of it.

Do you give them a price guide & stuff for the lot, or just the frame?. They won't bag it, I've never read any reviews where they've *REALLY* givenn it to something...although the specialized Roubaix? (mighta been the Tarmac) last year got a bit of a pasting

Jono L said:
Well whaddya know

I forgot to tell you he was back on the bike. He's on facebook if you want to try and get in touch with him.

BTW, facebook is ace for stalking people. I've been on for a couple of weeks, My mate has all these hot chicks on his friend list, including hot chicks from skool who would now be hot milfs. Unfortunately only the fat ugly chicks from High School are putting me on as a friend. classic is hugely disappointed:(

Jono L said:
Well whaddya know

Jono you better kick Tim Roe's butt or you are not welcome back here :D

ed073 said:
Anyone else hear Keeno's theory this morning about Valberde in the chop with the CSCs?
Getting them drinks, then the pat of the back from Sastre after attacking the front group hard to soften up Cadel?

I reckon he's on the money.
what was the theory?

oely said:
what was the theory?
did you see it?

he was obviously working against Evans, if not necessarily for Sastre, definitely, indirectly in aid of, with changing the pace with some small attacks, and then not pulling on the front when Frank told him not to.

Hitchy said:
Do you give them a price guide & stuff for the lot, or just the frame?. They won't bag it, I've never read any reviews where they've *REALLY* givenn it to something...although the specialized Roubaix? (mighta been the Tarmac) last year got a bit of a pasting
I send them the whole bike. As they don't review many customs, I want them to spend as little time critiquing the parts as possible because it's not really relevant when you can spec whatever you like.

The whole thing just sets me on edge to be honest.

The last magazine 'review' I was involved in (albeit well over 10 years ago) the reviewers had no idea what they were talking about and spent 90% of the article critiquing the parts.

Thylacine said:

Tigger how much "advertising spend" for their editorial on you?

Crumbs, when did Iron Maiden turn into these old wrinkly blokes? :confused: :eek:

Gotta love these old Pommie rockers - look like they could rip your head off but come across as being quite nice and rather amusing in interview.