The Thread about Nothing....

Crankyfeet said:
Do you think that might have been because there were a lot more homosexual writers back then who were "in the closet" and writing homoerotic suggestive stuff was maybe their way of expressing themselves?

Other weird homoerotic symbols in retrospect, that were on TV in the 60's/70's..

Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street
Gilligan and the Skipper
Cisco and Poncho from The Cisco Kid
Batman and Robin
You forgot Noddy and Big Ears

62vette said:
Oooh! Yeah! They used to sleep together ...... poor Enid Blyton, I'm sure she never thought her simple children's story would end up interpreted in such a way.

62vette said:
He I've got noddy books at home. Mine are the really old school ones where they have the token 'blackie' in the stories before they took him out hehe.

Funny thing, I never liked the Noddy stories and I was a bit meh about the Faraway tree stories ...... but I was an avid fan of the Secret Seven and the Famous Five.

oely said:
I doubt Gerrans was left scrambling too. Not after a stage win this year, and impressive rides in general. Im sure he had quite a few offers.
Agreed. Poor choice of words by myself. What I am referring to more the perpetual turbulence that these guys go through regarding teams appearing 'rock solid' one season and then 'gone' the next. Has to be stressful.

matagi said:
Funny thing, I never liked the Noddy stories and I was a bit meh about the Faraway tree stories ...... but I was an avid fan of the Secret Seven and the Famous Five.
Yeah noddy sucked. I used my books as a lamp stool. Faraway tree was great - famous five was awesome. The Narnia books are cool. David Eddings does some good stuff. That John Marsden series is some good stuff too.

Why do you think it is that [natural] Blondes, both male and female, have more body hair than others. It's like a light fluffy down.. typically at the back of the neck, lower back and under the chin..:confused:

Ms_Merida said:
Why do you think it is that [natural] Blondes, both male and female, have more body hair than others. It's like a light fluffy down.. typically at the back of the neck, lower back and under the chin..:confused:
No idea.

SuperStock_170-593A.jpg

Ms_Merida said:
So they can follow their true calling as employees of waxing salons?

Ms_Merida said:
cause your ancestors evolved from places that were bloody freezing.

matagi said:
Bert and Ernie - ya reckon? Can't say I ever watched much Sesame Street so I'll take your word for it.
In retrospect... two guys (be they puppets notwithstanding) living together and sleeping in the same bed was slightly dubious.

tagsy said:
And if we're going to throw Cisco and Poncho (Pancho?) in there, how about the Lone Ranger and Tonto?
209660_f520.jpg