The Thread about Nothing....

Thylacine said:
We need a Jon Stewart. Instead, we get 'The Chaser' and their idea of political irony is chastising terminally ill kids.

The ABC just announced they are giving the Chaser a two week highat...hiay...taking the Chaser off TV for two weeks.

havent been on the bike for friggun agessss. with the built in confidence of a gut filling pizza I am toying with the idea of the hell ride in the morning. fire those crunts up. wonder if jono is in town i should wander down and smash him. dunno if 5 odd weeks off the saddle is the best preparation. might make a goose of meself. i remember a year or so ago on the hell ride i get up close and personal with one crunt who was a bit 'lookatmeimspecial'. called him a 'farken little sook'. turns out that was troy clarke on the comeback trail. whoops. haha. **** him.
biggrin.gif

so anyway one of my "mates" rings up earlier and I answer. Turns out he is having a "working bee" at his place and i am invited.

Farken unreal some of these pricks. "I'm invited". I bet I am ya bastid!!!
mad.gif
tongue.gif
smile.gif

thats all i got tonight.

classic1 said:
The ABC just announced they are giving the Chaser a two week highat...hiay...taking the Chaser off TV for two weeks.
My lovely flatmate who is in Melbourne town this weekend normally feeds them when they're at home in SydneyWankerTown.
I'm kinda proud of them in general, if not in detail.
Long may they live. The stupid bastards.

How to upset seppos

Part 1.
Go to bikeforums and mildly criticise 'Lance', the man who invented cycling, cured cancer and is an all round good bloke whose motives are always pure and doesn't need to be transparent in his dealings.

Part 2.
Refer to David Walsh as a 'respected journalist'. Apparently he isn't. It appears you get a job as chief sportswriter at 'The Times' by being a **** writer and journo.

*********** they are blinkered or blind over there sometimes.

Thylacine said:
Seems the ratings grab has backfired.

The Chaser is one of those things that everyone raves about but it is actually a bit ****. Good moments, or a good concept, but on the whole it is ****.

Like iPods

Or Coldplay

Or U2's 'The Joshua Tree'

Or REM's 'Automatic for the People'

Or Nicole Kidman

Or SRAM Red

Or South East Asia

Or Italian steel road bikes

Or Ferraris

classic1 said:
How to upset seppos

Part 1.
Go to bikeforums and mildly criticise 'Lance', the man who invented cycling, cured cancer and is an all round good bloke whose motives are always pure and doesn't need to be transparent in his dealings.

Part 2.
Refer to David Walsh as a 'respected journalist'. Apparently he isn't. It appears you get a job as chief sportswriter at 'The Times' by being a **** writer and journo.

*********** they are blinkered or blind over there sometimes.
Funny, I thought he wrote for The Sunday Times which is an entirely seperate entity. :p His excepts also got The Sunday Times asses sued for deformation and liable in court by Lance... and a rather odd appology was issued along the lines of "we really didn't intend to portray Lance as using performance enhancing drugs or that he was as perforated as a pin cushion from years of EPO injections"

Also, why do people need to be transparent in their dealings to the general public? That's the kind of liberal hippy bs that pisses me off - the fact that people think they have a right to know everything about everyone elses ****.

What does make me laugh on the Dope Forum (aka Grand Tours....) is that the Americans get all fiesty when Armstrong is trashed yet they don't care if someone rags on LeMond... It's like he must be a loser for only winning 3 Tours and it's the Europeans that get all defensive when I mention stuff about Gregs miraculous recovery in the 89 Giro...

Bugger me backwards....

So I have a big ride up in the mountains next week, over 100 miles of which is over 7,000ft and most of the passes are over 8,300ft and I see this on the weather report. So much for buying that new top with the fill length zip so I don't sweat to death! Any recommendations on good thermals for riding in "sunny California" in June? LOL

Issued by The National Weather Service
Reno, NV
9 am PDT, Fri., Jun. 5, 2009

... SNOWFALL IN THE HIGH SIERRA TODAY...

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL MOVE INTO THE SIERRA LATE THIS MORNING AND INTO THE WESTERN GREAT BASIN BY THIS EVENING. SNOW LEVELS WILL DROP TO 7500 TO 8000 FEET FROM THE TAHOE BASIN NORTH AND 8000 TO 8500 FEET IN MONO COUNTY BY LATE MORNING. BRIEF BURSTS OF HEAVIER PRECIPITATION COULD DROP SNOW LEVELS BELOW 7000 FEET... ALTHOUGH NO ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED.

SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS BY THIS AFTERNOON COULD REACH SEVERAL INCHES ABOVE 8000 FEET... MAINLY ON NON-PAVEMENT SURFACES GIVEN THE WARMTH OF ROAD SURFACES WHICH WILL QUICKLY MELT ANY ROAD ACCUMULATIONS.

MOTORISTS TRAVELING OVER THE HIGHEST PASSES TODAY SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR BRIEF PERIODS OF HEAVY SNOW WHICH COULD BRIEFLY CREATE SLICK DRIVING CONDITIONS.

Feck!

swampy1970 said:
Funny, I thought he wrote for The Sunday Times which is an entirely seperate entity. :p His excepts also got The Sunday Times asses sued for deformation and liable in court by Lance... and a rather odd appology was issued along the lines of "we really didn't intend to portray Lance as using performance enhancing drugs or that he was as perforated as a pin cushion from years of EPO injections"

Also, why do people need to be transparent in their dealings to the general public? That's the kind of liberal hippy bs that pisses me off - the fact that people think they have a right to know everything about everyone elses ****.

That is one of the most spastic posts of all time

Sunday Times is the same friggin website as the Times. It's as separate as the Sunday Age and the Age or the Herald Sun and Sunday Herald Sun in Melbourne.

The defamation and libel is a furphy. UK and Australian laws for defamation and to a lesser extent libel are a joke, not too many lose, the person being sued cant use truth as a defence in a defo case. How much did he get in the end? I bet it was fark all, and the book is still available in France.

I notice the likes of Emma O'Reilly, Steve Swart, Frankie Andreu etc haven't been sued. Funny that.

Your last point takes the cake. Tax payers money is involved. Of course the public has a right to know. Besides that, if you are going to portray yourself as some kind of white knight crusader you should at least have some ethics

classic1 said:
That is one of the most spastic posts of all time

Sunday Times is the same friggin website as the Times. It's as separate as the Sunday Age and the Age or the Herald Sun and Sunday Herald Sun in Melbourne.

The defamation and libel is a furphy. UK and Australian laws for defamation and to a lesser extent libel are a joke, not too many lose, the person being sued cant use truth as a defence in a defo case. How much did he get in the end? I bet it was fark all, and the book is still available in France.

I notice the likes of Emma O'Reilly, Steve Swart, Frankie Andreu etc haven't been sued. Funny that.

Your last point takes the cake. Tax payers money is involved. Of course the public has a right to know. Besides that, if you are going to portray yourself as some kind of white knight crusader you should at least have some ethics
Ethics? I'm a ****ing Man United fan... **** ethics. :D 10 years 'service' on the Stretford End, *****.

Tax payers money? Where is tax payers money involved in Lances' pay? I'm not sure what retard system they run down there - but in the UK and US, if you're found guilty you get to pay the court costs... if you're found not guilty, the person who pressed the charges gets to pay. Not exactly sure where your idea of "tax payers money" comes from.

The only people that Armstrong, in this specific example, needs to be accountable too are... his team, the UCI, whichever country he's racing in and the federation that requires him to **** in a cup during dope tests. I have no need what-so-****ing-ever, nor do I have a right, to know what he's upto 24x7x365. Same deal with pop/rock/movie/tv celebs/actors etc etc and the tabloid press... Why the hell do we need to know what they're upto? I challenge you to come up with one valid reason... Your arguement is like saying "well, I went to see the movie Seven and I pay my taxes which helped clean the sidewalk outside the movie theatre, so therefore I need to know what the **** Brad Pitt is upto right the **** now..."

Ah France... the country that conveniently waited to retest all the samples from the 99 Tour until after the IOC/UCI deadline for testing samples was up. They could have ever so easily tested, using the same tests back in 2004 and 2005 and nailed his ass with a positive, if the samples were positive. Instead, just months after the samples are no longer within "test by date" as it were - the story leaks that "we have proof that Armstrong used EPO". Hmmm... fishy that don't you think?

The Times and The Sunday Time share common ownership but were founded independantly and continue to run and be printed independantly. They share the same website because they're owned by the same company but The Times Online, The Times and The Sunday Times are all different entities... I may be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time I was, but I do believe the first time that The Times and The Sunday Times rolled off the same printing press was in Scotland in a new factory in 2007 that printed the Scotish editions.

As for Walsh, the guy who works for The Sunday Times, he's got the right to publish what he see's fit... that's why they call it Freedom of the Press... but when you're about to release your third book about one guy in 5 years it gets a bit old hat, no? It's like he's found a 'cash cow' and he's gonna milk it for all he can. Just incase you didn't figure out, he's got another Lance book coming out shortly to add to the other two. If he was doing it for the good of the common man, truth, freedom yada yada yada then ask him to donate all his procedes to charity. I think he'll tell you to "**** off"

Personally, I couldn't give two hoots personally about Lance. He's provided some absolutely great Tour moments but if he ever gets nailed with a positive you won't see me crying over it... my thought is that if someone gets nailed through due process, whether that be in or out of season testing, then whisk them infront of "the doping court" and give out the sentence due. Do it fast - do it fair... then release the info to the press.

Stephen Roche was found guilty in an Italian court back in 93 of receiving EPO from Conconi, who was the long time doctor to the Carrera team, blood doper to Moser and the Italian national squad. The same statute of limitations that 'prevented' *cough* the French from prosecuting Armstrong, saved Roche from being nailed. He tried to crucify Kimmage during his book release... but noone ever said anything about Roche and his past transgressions. Armstrong is 'believed' to have received 'performance enhancing drugs' from Conconi's understudy - Michele Ferrari - and everyone goes nuts. When Armstrong had his little tiff with Simeoni people went nuts. Same **** - different day as far as I'm concerned.

Actually, I wish they'd all go back to ****ing doping because I'm sick and tired of bleeding heart repentants like David Millar being interviewed for a week straight following a positive sample in any given tour... Oh, someone doped, so it'll be 40 minutes interviewing people who used to think nothing about stabbing themselves in the gut/ass/arm with EPO, 15 minutes of ads/commercials and 5 minutes for racing...

... **** that.

All I know is, the last time I was diagnosed as aenemic, I didn't get the same "vitamin B12" shots that LeMond did back in '89. I didn't go from being dead on the bike to ripping off 30+mph time trials (OK, I only ever managed 29mph in a time trial but that's beside the point). My B12 shots and iron supplements took fecking weeks to take effect...

Ethics? I'm a ****ing Man United fan... **** ethics. 10 years 'service' on the Stretford End, *****.

LOL.:D

Lance and taxpayers money. The South Australian Government paid Armstrongs start money for the Tour Down Under. I don't really care that he gets start money, as long as there is transparency about it. Apparently it is the same in Italy, taxpayers funded part of his start money for the Giro. I pay GST in this country. SA get part of my tax money. I have every ****ing right to be annoyed about there being a lack of transparency on whether the $$$ were paid to Armstrong personally or to his charity. Armstrong is full of **** when he says his comeback is all about raising cancer awareness. Its only a part of it - he forgets to mention his ego and his bank balance.

Roche was never found guilty by an Italian court, because he wasn't the one trial. His name was on a list of customers. Conconi was the one in strife, not Roche. Still a doper though.

Walsh is an excellent writer and a pretty good investigative reporter, but I take your point. I don't know about it being a cash cow though. How many copies of it would he sell? Fark all would be my guess. My opinion on the matter is that he is getting more sanctimonious as he gets older and has a bug up his ****. Wouldn't be the first journalist its happened too.

classic1 said:
Damn this joint is quiet. Bloody 3-day tours disrupting the forum. :p
3-day wha? I just spend the past 10 hours putting skirting in the house. What a **** job.

lolz, check out my latest UPS shipment. Thylacine World Tour :

Lugano, Marinone - IT
Milan - IT
Nurnberg - DE
Cologne - DE
Philadelphia PA - US
Louisville KY - US
Honolulu HI - US
Sydney - AU
Melbourne - AU

Hmmm, it looks like it might be up to me to pump life into this joint, so, I'll do my out loud thinking here :p

----------------

Not a bad price for Zipp 404 toobooliers: $1650 USD

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/road-bikes/components/zipp/wheels.269.html

Are we allowed to buy Zipps online here yet?

Funny: when I ask blokes about their bling, aero wheels; about most brands, they say something like: "eh, yeah, maybe they're a bit quicker, but I'm not sure", but when I ask guys about their 404s, they say: "yeah, I really notice a speed difference", or, as Ricey at Richmond Cyclery said: "Jeez, it's fun spinning up those things. Crikey!!"