The Thread about Nothing....

gplama said:
Isn't PR awesome. "After the success", "sold-out DISC", "innovative concept".... all to describe the fact they're failing to pull the crowds and Hisense is too expensive. But don't let that stop the positive spin!

Watch for the the 70yo+ carpet bowling team in miniskirts for mid-field entertainment.

Gunna be ******* awesome when it rains and the roof leaks all over the track surface ;)

classic1 said:
In a lot of ways track cycling has gone backwards. Less Open events, lower number of entries, rubbish crowds, few internationals racing in Open events. They should be able to fill Hisense easily. Track cycling is as spectator friendly sport as it gets. I suppose when they keep it a massive secret or run it mid week they are always going to struggle to get people in the door.
It's probably been going backwards for 50 years but Criteriums and summer road racing and lack of care has really killed it. Putting the Suntour on in February may well be the final nail in the coffin.
The big wheelraces were all professional events and since the amalgamation they have just been like old style amateur carnivals. I think the mindset of riders is different today to what it was even when I was riding. You rode the track in the summer and that was the natural thing but it has all changed.
I don't think the running things like the Revolution series mid-week is going to help. Half a dozen wheelraces worth ten grand to win might!
And it's a pity. Most of the greatest Aussie champs rode the track and there was nothing better in cycling than watching an Aces scratch race under lights with all the big guns firing.

Thylacine said:
. :eek:

How about some gore instead?
11581d1264113887t-thread-about-nothing-chainringgore-jpg

:eek:

Should've tagged that as NSFW.
Bike pron showing lots of skin and hairy bits.:eek:

In the What Were They Thinking category, I nominate the following kit for ugliest team cycling kit of 2010

7_600.jpg

matagi said:
In the What Were They Thinking category, I nominate the following kit for ugliest team cycling kit of 2010

7_600.jpg

It doesn't look quite as sht on the telly. It still looked sht mind, just less sht. Definitely stands out, which is what you want as a sponsor.

classic1 said:
It doesn't look quite as sht on the telly. It still looked sht mind, just less sht. Definitely stands out, which is what you want as a sponsor.
Yeah, I guess, but do they need to assault our eyeballs to achieve their aims?

Spotted out riding this morning...

TVM jersey, big jaw, huuuuge quads, riding what appeared to be an unpainted carbon bike.

swampy1970 said:
I think he means guts as in bravery and tenacity - not 200Kg and looking like Mr Creosote...
aaaaaaa of course. It all makes sense now:D:rolleyes:

Question is, when is another team gonna poach greipel so he can go head to head with cav at le tour?

classic1 said:
I thought the Army had entered a team.

Jono L said:
aaaaaaa of course. It all makes sense now:D:rolleyes:

Question is, when is another team gonna poach greipel so he can go head to head with cav at le tour?

When someone actually believes that Greipel can beat Cav head to head...

Greip might seem like the fastest thing on two wheels right now but just like all those guys that have cleaned up everywhere (including the Giro) - the only thing like a Tour sprint is a Tour sprint.