UK gov't sources confirm war with Iran is on

cheapie said:
well...that, and the fact that the bad guys hide out near hospitals, schools, etc. but i still agree with your point.

Kinda tricky to defend your home town by not being near it. This accusation is levelled at Palestinians over and over again, but in practice if the battleground is your neighbourhood you really don't have any choice. The days of fighting in big fields went out with the Battle of the Somme in the last century. Even the US Military knows that, that is what all this 4GW crapola is about.

With reference to Lebanon, the IDF is conducting that war in a manner that is virtually indistinguishable from the Blitzkrieg that ******'s Wehrmacht used against France in '39. The IDF is attacking fixed defences with total air, land and sea superiority. The IDF is using a very old fashioned battle plan to fight an irregular force, it works great against fixed defences and standing armies, but as the Wehrmacht found out it was utterly shite against a Resistance movement comprised of irregulars and volunteers.

While I'm on the topic of the IDF and the seperation of Military and Civillian stuff... The IDF has children hanging around it's Artillery Posts. In return for their company the kids get to scrawl messages of hatred onto 155mm shells at Artillery Posts... This is not a new thing either, and it is somewhat inevitable because IDF barracks exist within communities, as do ammunition dumps, Artillery Posts, Communications Posts, Sentry Towers, Machine Gun Emplacements and so on. The IDF uses conscription which means that practically *every* Israeli household supplies the IDF with personnel, and Conscripts take Army issue weapons and ammunition home with them too... In Israel the military is frequently and intregal part of the household.

Contrast that with the Palestinian or Lebanese "militants", they are *all* volunteers. The average Lebanese and Palestinian household has bugger all to do with the business of terminal violence, yet we see the IDF use this as an excuse over and over again to destroy houses and murder civillians.

cheapie said:
yes. i'll bet a $50 gift certificate to my favorite online bike shop that we do not wage war with iran before the end of the year.
You're on. But we need to establish exactly what "wage war" means. I will say that Isreal, since they are backed by the US financially and with weaponry, is a proxy for the Neo Con war effort. They attack Iran = the US doing the same.

Also, air strikes or other forms of bombing (cruise missiles) are considered waging war, so whether BushCo puts troops on the ground in Iran or not - "surgical strikes" is still war.

Further sanctions, blockades, and assassinations would be considered acts of war. In fact, we could say the Cons are already at war with Iran, because they've had covert ops loosed in-country for some time now to gather intel on Iran's supposed nuke sites and other 'high-value' targets.

None of the above will BushCo hesitate to use if they deem it useful to their plans. Better start saving your pennies now.

darkboong said:
No ****. You guys do a good line in BBQs, wine, fruit & veg and fishing too. Could be worth emmigrating. The flip side is the law & order aspect, or the apparent lack of it. II don't want to carry the extra weight of a sidearm when I'm out cycling. :(

No it's real - SA definitely has a crime problem...of course is horrible exagerated by the media though.

Luck of the draw I guess - I'm careful without being paranoid and in 33 years in SA I've had my house broken into twice and my car once.

Never had any trouble at all cycling apart from some motorist road rage.

I've been to most continents and lived in a few - SA is definitely the place I prefer to live.

Wurm said:
You're on. But we need to establish exactly what "wage war" means. I will say that Isreal, since they are backed by the US financially and with weaponry, is a proxy for the Neo Con war effort. They attack Iran = the US doing the same.

Also, air strikes or other forms of bombing (cruise missiles) are considered waging war, so whether BushCo puts troops on the ground in Iran or not - "surgical strikes" is still war.

Further sanctions, blockades, and assassinations would be considered acts of war. In fact, we could say the Cons are already at war with Iran, because they've had covert ops loosed in-country for some time now to gather intel on Iran's supposed nuke sites and other 'high-value' targets.

None of the above will BushCo hesitate to use if they deem it useful to their plans. Better start saving your pennies now.
you are absolutely pathetic. in fact, we could say you have absolutely no intellectual honesty to keep you from bending any and everything to support what you say.

you could say we are already at war with them? hahaha....that means we are at war with pretty much every country in the world as i'm sure we have spies placed everywhere. and if we are at war with iran by proxy, then iran is already declared war on the US by having the hezbollah attack israel.

but....i'm guessing your little slippery slope only goes one-way, huh? :rolleyes:

Hey asshole, the Bush Admin. has engaged in hostile activity, physically on the ground with US military personel entering another sovereign nation. That is a direct military action by the US on Iran, which Iran can consider an act of war.

Got any other distortions you'd like to try today?

The main Saudi field of Gwahar has been on the decline for some time, hence 9-11 > Iraq > Lebanon, ad nauseum.

Wurm said:
Hey asshole, the Bush Admin. has engaged in hostile activity, physically on the ground with US military personel entering another sovereign nation. That is a direct military action by the US on Iran, which Iran can consider an act of war.

Got any other distortions you'd like to try today?
poor, poor Iran, sniff sniff. It's breaking my heart, cuz they're so cute when they're looking at you like that, you know, with those big puppy dog eyes and their screaming voices and pumping fists and burning flags. I get all choked up thinking about it.

I guess the point is lost on you that Bu$hCo, with its "pre-emptive" strategy of attacking/invading sovereign nations without hard evidence of imminent attack by said nation(s), is violating international laws.

Expect to see trumped-up "evidence" soon of Iran's supposed "nuculer capability".

this is the job assignment of the bush appointees, to create these charges of which there is no credible evidence, so as to attack these targets of which there is no credible known location.

europe and the rest of the now-failed "coalition of the willing" do not support the stance of the us in it's preperations to continue the propaganda for rationalizing any attack, the failed ultimatum of being "either with us or for the terrorists" has worn out it's welcome.

i am holding out hope both the us nad global public will see through any attempt to foist bogus evidence claims upon the un, it's eyes having been opened by the entire "powell briefs the un" debacle which were one of many notable components of effectively eliminating any credibility for claims of the bush war efforts.

Wurm said:
I guess the point is lost on you that Bu$hCo, with its "pre-emptive" strategy of attacking/invading sovereign nations without hard evidence of imminent attack by said nation(s), is violating international laws.

Expect to see trumped-up "evidence" soon of Iran's supposed "nuculer capability".