2007 Roi Mag-ma Frameset Update

wugga said:
Hopefully, this thread will die soon!
OK wuggy, we carry all the water this whole time, you drink all the lemonade, now you wanna b!tch...I'm sorry it's not entertaining enough right now but exposing scammers takes a lot of time and I already have a full time job plus a big phone bill to Italy that my boss is grudgingly going to pay but, I will explain to him, The Wuggy isn't amused!

Kiss my ass!

mrklein said:
OK wuggy, we carry all the water this whole time, you drink all the lemonade, now you wanna b!tch...I'm sorry it's not entertaining enough right now but exposing scammers takes a lot of time and I already have a full time job plus a big phone bill to Italy that my boss is grudgingly going to pay but, I will explain to him, The Wuggy isn't amused!

John M said:
Then what is ROIbikeusa.com and where does he get his stuff? Is ROIbikeusa an unauthorized site?

Unfortunately, I think George has tainted the ROI name for me.
ROIbike-usa and Zefiro-usa are George's internet sales of ROI bikes. He is not "in charge" of North American distribution or whatever he claims. The owner explained to me last week that George has no inventory or store and simply collects the customer's money and then orders the bike. I don't know what their original arrangement was, I gathered from the conversation that he feels duped and he emphatically repeated "this is not our guy!" And he told me George has only purchased a few bikes. I don't know whether ROI is a good bike. I've only seen photos (not George's 1141 mile Mag-ma mind you, ;) ) but I do know, I'm not going to judge them by George Ama's presentation.

I did a search for Kuota, and this is one of the threads that came up. It must have taken me an hour to read it all. But like any good detective story, I just couldn't stop reading. Thanks guys for a great read.

I would have liked to have seen the photos though.:D Tyson

PS I thought while I'm here I might as well post a pic of my new bike.

roi_tt_hi1.jpg

ONLY KIDDING!

Sillyoldtwit said:
I did a search for Kuota, and this is one of the threads that came up. It must have taken me an hour to read it all. But like any good detective story, I just couldn't stop reading. Thanks guys for a great read.

I would have liked to have seen the photos though.:D Tyson

PS I thought while I'm here I might as well post a pic of my new bike.

roi_tt_hi1.jpg

ONLY KIDDING!
I was very interested in a ROI bike and in the process came upon George Ama aka Carbon Guru. The bike is really nice looking and George is a nut case of the highest order. Did you find any reviews or more info on the bike? It was fun outing George and I hope it saved a few people from him. I wonder where the little guy went?

I'm sure the bikes are great. Technology has become accessible enough that there are very few standout frames in the bunch.

As for George, he's probably still here, but I bet he's not called carbonguru anymore.

mrklein said:
I was very interested in a ROI bike and in the process came upon George Ama aka Carbon Guru. The bike is really nice looking and George is a nut case of the highest order. Did you find any reviews or more info on the bike? It was fun outing George and I hope it saved a few people from him. I wonder where the little guy went?
Aww, he's still around... you know... laying low up there in Mountain Peaks.... just changed the name of his ebay store and he's now selling different frames and Zefiro stuff... check out item #260179386045. It's oh, so familiar...

100miles said:
Aww, he's still around... you know... laying low up there in Mountain Peaks.... just changed the name of his ebay store and he's now selling different frames and Zefiro stuff... check out item #260179386045. It's oh, so familiar...
Wow. He's still at it.

This thread reminds me that I need to get a pic of the palatial headquarters of The Note Buyers when I am in Provo, Utah. Maybe sometime in the next few weeks. I have to remember to bring my camera this time.

This thread also takes me back. Is this the thread where George posted pictures with EXIF data that proved he was lying? Or was that the other thread that was going on at that time?

George must be doing something right. His eBay rating is just about as good as it gets.

Bro Deal said:
Wow. He's still at it.

This thread reminds me that I need to get a pic of the palatial headquarters of The Note Buyers when I am in Provo, Utah. Maybe sometime in the next few weeks. I have to remember to bring my camera this time.

This thread also takes me back. Is this the thread where George posted pictures with EXIF data that proved he was lying? Or was that the other thread that was going on at that time?
I think it was the other thread that got really good— you know, the one where George proselytised about his religious values— and "the General" popped up to defend him... Remember how he said he was going to respond to every post on the thread to defend himself if it took 20 years? Guess that was BEFORE all the note buyers info got out.

bobbyOCR said:
I'm sure the bikes are great. Technology has become accessible enough that there are very few standout frames in the bunch.

As for George, he's probably still here, but I bet he's not called carbonguru anymore.

I heard that he had some OEM parts removed surgically and is now playing the women's pro tennis circuit.

100miles said:
I think it was the other thread that got really good— you know, the one where George proselytised about his religious values— and "the General" popped up to defend him... Remember how he said he was going to respond to every post on the thread to defend himself if it took 20 years? Guess that was BEFORE all the note buyers info got out.
Hey 100 - have you got a link for the above? I love a good laugh. Tyson ;)

alienator said:
I heard that he had some OEM parts removed surgically and is now playing the women's pro tennis circuit.
The smilies are nowhere near as good as WW, but :D

CAMPYBOB said:
George must be doing something right. His eBay rating is just about as good as it gets.
You'll get that. Well, when you close up shop and re-open with a new name every time you get negative feedback. I'd still never buy anything from him. EZ bike deals - Rhymes with sleazy. His descriptions ARE entertaining though, you have to give him that. Every bike he sells is "very popular in Italy." And he never gives up on "be the first one in your club to ride up on this Italian STEED." Where is Mountain Peaks anyway? I've traveled extensively around the US and have never heard of it. That must be the place where George averages 24mph for 200+ miles. Clearly a downhill course. For 200 miles?! Where the hell is he starting from? The Moon?

mrklein said:
You'll get that. Well, when you close up shop and re-open with a new name every time you get negative feedback. I'd still never buy anything from him. EZ bike deals - Rhymes with sleazy. His descriptions ARE entertaining though, you have to give him that. Every bike he sells is "very popular in Italy." And he never gives up on "be the first one in your club to ride up on this Italian STEED." Where is Mountain Peaks anyway? I've traveled extensively around the US and have never heard of it. That must be the place where George averages 24mph for 200+ miles. Clearly a downhill course. For 200 miles?! Where the hell is he starting from? The Moon?

We'll have to forgive your knowledge of orbital mechanics, but if someone wanted to pedal downhill from the Moon to Earth--at, let's say, the Moon's perigee--they'd have to start at a point 200,588 miles from the Earth on the way to the Moon (or 25,056 miles from the Moon). It IS possible that CarbonGuru tried this, or at least it seems so. After all, his posts do seem like those from someone that spent extended time in a vacuum without a protective, pressurized environment. It seems as though his brain has been parboiled.

If I were to buy a frame from an eBay store, I would first check with the manufacturer to be sure the store was on the up and up. In fact, that's what I will be doing here in the next couple of weeks. I found a great deal on a frame, so I called the manufacturer to see if the deal and dealer were ligit....and they are. Alas, it wasn't a ROI dealer. I'm sure the frames are as massively spectacular and record breaking as CarbonGuru said, but, sadly, they don't make an all black variant to match LEW wheels. And it's a well known fact that the best looking bikes, as well as the fastest, stiffest, lightest, and otherwise most -est bikes are all black. Obviously. And here's proof:

monifah1.jpg

mrklein said:
Where is Mountain Peaks anyway?
I remember trying to find Mountain Peaks and I was not successful. George's address listed in his marathon results was Myrtle Beach, so I started looking in South Carolina. I came up blank. I could not find anything in a national search either. Maybe it is a fake address.

If that is really George Ama that has eBay item number 260179386045, then he has been a member since October 2005.

His feedback is as clean as it gets for the number of transactions he has done since then and track back to April 2006. He has a 100% positive feedback rating over the 919 feedback comments left for him during that time period. There was one mutually withdrawn feedback.

That's an admirable record for any seller on eBay.

Going over his feedback quickly, it appears that bottle cages, tires and seatposts are his mainstay items.