Discovery disbands

Extreme Cage Fighting and dog fighting rule GE.

House is a lost puppy dog, mocked at DP.

Doctor.Tom.M said:
You are hurting our battle vs. the great satan by posting foolish information. Most news sites, including MSNBC post a cycling link just before, through and just after the Tour and then put cycling stories under "other stories."

Doctor.House said:

Some of those mocked at DP are trying to use this site to engage in their vendetta.
DP people have tipped us off with the disgruntled ones ISP's.

I know Tailwind Sports and Trek needed Levi to win the TDF to continue sponsorship. Tailwind wanted an American, as a TDF Euro winner does little good to the other sponsors of Discovery.
The world has not seen the last of Tailwind Sports. They will be involved in cycling, just not in Europe. Look for them [some of their players] and T-M to make an announcement early this fall. If what I have heard last night is correct, and I was told correctly that Discovery was disbanding, American cycling may be entering good years ahead on home soil.

Hé give me the scoop...

wolfix said:
I know Tailwind Sports and Trek needed Levi to win the TDF to continue sponsorship. Tailwind wanted an American, as a TDF Euro winner does little good to the other sponsors of Discovery.
The world has not seen the last of Tailwind Sports. They will be involved in cycling, just not in Europe. Look for them [some of their players] and T-M to make an announcement early this fall. If what I have heard last night is correct, and I was told correctly that Discovery was disbanding, American cycling may be entering good years ahead on home soil.

wolfix said:
Yeah Alpuerto speaks no English. It's not his fault, but it's kind of hard to go out to dinner with sponsor company CEOs if you can't even talk to each other. Many people don't understand that sponsorships have as much to do with egos as they do with getting a company exposure. If it means the boss can ride his bike alongside a TdF winner on a charity ride then sometimes that is all it takes to make a deal happen.

jsull14 said:
Yeah Alpuerto speaks no English. It's not his fault, but it's kind of hard to go out to dinner with sponsor company CEOs if you can't even talk to each other. Many people don't understand that sponsorships have as much to do with egos as they do with getting a company exposure. If it means the boss can ride his bike alongside a TdF winner on a charity ride then sometimes that is all it takes to make a deal happen.
You're right. Sometimes it is as simple as that. But not enough for the conspiracy hunters here. :p

Fortunately for true sporting fans, the global mortgage melt down, unwinding options/derivitives, swaps, straddles and CMO (collaterized Morgtage Obligations), GNMA pools, and loss of fixed income trading commisions, spreads and forefeited merchant banking fees has tanked the Tailwind Capital Management Squad and distracted them from pro cycling focus.

Financial steroid overdosing and cold turkey treatments necessarily mean that the Tailwainds Blue Train has finally derailed. It will take several years to fix.

Wolf will need another red herring to root for.

wolfix said:

I did think for the last TT, if Evans had been worse, maybe Contador would have lost the yellow jersey for Levi..

Klodifan said:
I dont thinkso . I am sure they'll receive hefty severance pay...

when the threads die down, I will start a new thread posing a question pertaining to all of this.
IMO, it would take at least a year's salary for everyone to head off a major backlash - particularly if they had sponsors lined up but chose to bail out of the sport anyway. Do you think they're ready to fork over that kind of money - from an outfit that wouldn't provide a loaner TT bike for Landis to train at home?

Doctor.House said:

Doctor, don't turn away from the real fight against Nike, Armstrong and all the fools on this forum. You lower yourself by using the puppy dog reference....didn't he use that one for you in the past? Stay above the trash.

Doctor.Tom.M said:
Doctor, don't turn away from the real fight against Nike, Armstrong and all the fools on this forum. You lower yourself by using the puppy dog reference....didn't he use that one for you in the past? Stay above the trash.
Trash is what House is.

House is an abused lost puppy dog.

Michael Vick's *****.

Vick owns House---they even live close to each other.

дом said:
Wow house must have really nailed you good in the past to have such vitriol for him flyer.
Aren't you going to reply in the Cecchini topic on dp House? If not I will assume that you agree with everything I said in it, as you would love to prove me wrong.

дом said:
Wow house must have really nailed you good in the past to have such vitriol for him flyer.
Actually, the Tennessee Volunteers nailed him with Vick's downfield blocking.

House is a mouse and a louse.

You must be a sick fan.

I'm starting to get really ****** with all the bullsh*t most of you spew every friggin' day. Get over yourselves and all of your "I know everything, everyone dopes, negativity" etc etc. Yes some riders are doping, but go look at all your other favorite non-cycling teams. You'd pee your pants if they all got tested. You should have some pride in knowing you have a sport that actually cares about itself and doesn't accept cheaters. Go test football, soccer, etc etc to the extent cycling is and then come talk to me.

I'm love professional cycling more and more because I actually have a sport that doesn't accept the cop-out of turning their shoulders on doping and standing for something. Yes, it does stink that riders are doping, but I'm glad they are starting to be revealed and caught.

Take off your damn tin-foil hats and stop drinking the kool-aid. Actually, if you constantly rant about doping and solely doping and not cycling itself, do myself and others a favor and go drink some Jim Jones kool-aid.

I for one plan to continue to follow my favorite sport, show my support, and laugh at those who rant constantly solely about doping.

Doctor.House said:
Fortunately for true sporting fans, the global mortgage melt down, unwinding options/derivitives, swaps, straddles and CMO (collaterized Morgtage Obligations), GNMA pools, and loss of fixed income trading commisions, spreads and forefeited merchant banking fees

Just watching the effects of the collateralised debt obligations (cdo's) on the markets here in Europe.
Rank stupidity that European banks would by the debt obligations of US banks.
European institutions should not have bought these obligations : they should have ignored them and this would have left the problem quarantined over there.
Annoyed.

That problem over there - is now our problem by the looks of things.
BNP Paribas for one got roped in.

Lucky for your kind that Pro Cycling lusts for doper apologists. And naive doping apologists **** me off.

And Trek bike sales have tanked big time since doper Phamrstrong quit running his IV and blood doping dependent pedaling.

Trek is doomed. You'll need a new act.

Lemond Bikes may assert themselves, yet again.

LIVE WRONG!
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/51324

TrekDedicated said:
I'm starting to get really ****** with all the bullsh*t most of you spew every friggin' day. Get over yourselves and all of your "I know everything, everyone dopes, negativity" etc etc. Yes some riders are doping, but go look at all your other favorite non-cycling teams. You'd pee your pants if they all got tested. You should have some pride in knowing you have a sport that actually cares about itself and doesn't accept cheaters. Go test football, soccer, etc etc to the extent cycling is and then come talk to me.

I'm love professional cycling more and more because I actually have a sport that doesn't accept the cop-out of turning their shoulders on doping and standing for something. Yes, it does stink that riders are doping, but I'm glad they are starting to be revealed and caught.

Take off your damn tin-foil hats and stop drinking the kool-aid. Actually, if you constantly rant about doping and solely doping and not cycling itself, do myself and others a favor and go drink some Jim Jones kool-aid.

I for one plan to continue to follow my favorite sport, show my support, and laugh at those who rant constantly solely about doping.

Can you give me the link you googled to find out Trek sales have tanked. I am also waiting for the link showing Versus "deleted" all 2007 Tour footage and, if they did, that this is not a usual practice. For once don't respond with insults or repetition of previous posts, respond with direct, intelligent answers to the actual questions. Try it out just this once.

Lim:

Nothing succeeds like excess, eh? I mean 'sells' like steroids in finance.

CDOs are steroids, (packaged 30 year fixed rate mortgages, ARMs (variable mortgages), T-Notes, leverage debt, and a prayer) sold for larger profits by the banks, brokers and intermediaries to hedge funds and pension plans.

HUGE profits booked, massive bonuses paid in Europe and in USA.

Now chickens coming home to roost.

Tailwinds is blowing chunks as are all big brokers and Money Centers.

No deal flow, no commissions, no hope. Look for layoffs by September.

Lance must move on w/o his benefactor now.

limerickman said:
Just watching the effects of the collateralised debt obligations (cdo's) on the markets here in Europe.
Rank stupidity that European banks would by the debt obligations of US banks.
European institutions should not have bought these obligations : they should have ignored them and this would have left the problem quarantined over there.
Annoyed.

That problem over there - is now our problem by the looks of things.
BNP Paribas for one got roped in.

дом said:
Can you give me the link you googled to find out Trek sales have tanked. I am also waiting for the link showing Versus "deleted" all 2007 Tour footage and, if they did, that this is not a usual practice. For once don't respond with insults or repetition of previous posts, respond with direct, intelligent answers to the actual questions. Try it out just this once.
You don't own a televison, eh?

Link to secret Pharmstrong doper dossier file:
http://www.allos.com/imbecile.chemo.drugs