Discovery disbands

Doctor.House said:
America invaded Iraq for the $10 Trillion (wholesale) in oil reserves.

America is a bully, and everyone knows that except blind Americans.
I wish that were the case then that could pay for the war and my tax dollars wouldn't have to go to help free people who would rather live in the 7th century, plus gas would be cheaper. USA is the greatest country today, yesterday, tomorrow, and forever.

jsull14 said:
I wish that were the case then that could pay for the war and my tax dollars wouldn't have to go to help free people who would rather live in the 7th century, plus gas would be cheaper. USA is the greatest country today, yesterday, tomorrow, and forever.
Get a clue dude.

You mean Exxon, Chevron, Bechtal and Haliburton are the greatest.

These firms do NOT pay taxes. (only token amounts)

LIVE WRONG! Nike does.

jsull14 said:

The problem with many Americans is that they are ignorant of their own history. Specifically, the breadth of their foreign policy meddling, sponsorships of coup d'etat, assasinations, subversions of democracy, etc.

A great country full of many great people. However, also full of delusional ideologues who think that the US of A can do no wrong. Archie Bunkers who blindly follow their President, right or wrong.

That blind faith in their government (I divorce that from the people) does a disservice to the memory of the founding fathers and their ideals.

Doctor.House said:
You mean Exxon, Chevron, Bechtal and Haliburton are the greatest.
Yes, they are. Ever drive a car? Fly in a plane? Get drinking water flowed to your house? Heat in your home? If so, you can thank one of these companies. You're the lib type who thinks all corporations should go away. Good for you. Go live in your tent, smoke pot, eat granola and leave us alone. Actually, you can bring your IBM computer running a Microsoft OS with Intel chip and find a hotspot to continue to post your drivel.

I used to just have fun with you, now I don't like you for attacking America, the land of the free and the country people sneak into in the middle of the night. I hope you are not American as we have enough of your type living here already in our own media.

jsull14 said:
Yes, they are. Ever drive a car? Fly in a plane? Get drinking water flowed to your house? Heat in your home? If so, you can thank one of these companies. You're the lib type who thinks all corporations should go away. Good for you. Go live in your tent, smoke pot, eat granola and leave us alone. Actually, you can bring your IBM computer running a Microsoft OS with Intel chip and find a hotspot to continue to post your drivel.

I used to just have fun with you, now I don't like you for attacking America, the land of the free and the country people sneak into in the middle of the night. I hope you are not American as we have enough of your type living here already in our own media.
Wow. **** Cheney has time to troll Internet forums.

Are you sure?

Do you know what Lee Raymond's severance package was?????? 26 years of service.

$900 MILLION, excluding a private Gulf Stream Jet for life, Met tickets, Super Bowl, four homes, and unending director fees and the millions he stole as CEO and Chairman.

You have no clue how US corporations rip off the planet in the name of a marketing theme.

You are soooooo naive. Live Wrong, Exxon does.

jsull14 said:

Doctor.House said:
Are you sure?

Do you know what Lee Raymond's severage was?????? 26 years of service.

$900 MILLION, excluding a private Gulf Stream Jet for life, Met tickets, Super Bowl, four homes, and unending director fees and the millions he stole as CEO and Chairman.

You have no clue how US corporations rip off the planet in the name of a marketing theme.

You are soooooo naive. Live Wrong, Exxon does.

Lee Raymond of Exxon???
I didn't know that he had been let go.

jsull14 said:

Maybe you should start up your own "Anti-American" committee and rat out your fellow citizens. Line 'em up against the wall and subvert the rule of law (the C average frat boy drug addicted business failure drunkard President who will be derided as the worst in history has already seen to that however).

Open your eyes man. Washington, Jefferson, et al., would be spinning in their graves :rolleyes:

Only fascists, dictators and demagogues can't stomach any criticism.

limerickman said:
Lee Raymond of Exxon???
I didn't know that he had been let go.
He left in 2006.

What an arrogant creep. An enemy of all working men and women.

He has a weight probem too. Now he must do a quid pro quo for all his Exxon director pals who voted on his pension plan payout.

Interlocking directors make for a super lucrative conspiracy.

Chris Brewer
My friends, I feel your pain.

When I got the news yesterday that the team was not going to continue after this season I was literally at a loss for words, stunned to say the least. I know the reasons and the rationale, and I know that business is business. But our sport is about speed, passion, pain, and emotion. And this just sucks.

Victories in eight of the last nine Tours de France, so many other wins, so many other memories, and so many good professional people that have contributed to this team over the years…

I remember suggesting to Lance in 1998 that we should start up lancearmstrong.com, the precursor to this site. "OK," he said, "but I don't know who you think is going to want to read about me…" What a difference nine years can make, ay? The mental images that are flashing through my mind – for some reason the head on shot of the awesome Team USPS "Blue Train" in the Team Time Trial is most prevalent – but the good news is that they are all images I am proud to have been even a small part of.

Note a big part of me wants to take all those &%$! cheaters, shake the **** out of them and ask, "What the ---- were you thinking?! Seriously, are you happy now? Bottom line: The sport that put food on your table and lots of dollars in your bank account is reeling from your actions." And now this. Dammit.

But we will go forward till the end and try and notch some more victories until the final curtain falls. But right now, my friends, I'm gonna get a beer and think back to when the only big question was who was going to win what race, and not did he also cheat in the process…

------------------------------------

From Lim's favorite publication.

Shed a tear for Discovery. Merckx has!

Done in by the cheats who have infested cycling :)

It is a sad day indeed.

Doctor.House said:
Do you know what Lee Raymond's severance package was?????? 26 years of service.

Sounds like he got a good deal. I wish I could have it. This is a reason why everyone is trying to come to America and no one is trying to leave. God Bless America!

jsull14 said:
Sounds like he got a good deal. I wish I could have it. This is a reason why everyone is trying to come to America and no one is trying to leave. God Bless America!
Not every American is a dishonest, unethical creep.

Doctor.House said:
Not every American is a dishonest, unethical creep.
Why thank ya..thank ya very much... :D :D :D :D :D

Of course I know you did not mean jsull14...because that could get your post moderated, but only if this was an equal and unbiased form of censorship

...now that was funny.

Doctor.House said:
He left in 2006.

What an arrogant creep. An enemy of all working men and women.

He has a weight probem too. Now he must do a quid pro quo for all his Exxon director pals who voted on his pension plan payout.

Interlocking directors make for a super lucrative conspiracy.

Not a pretty picture of corporate greed:

lee_raymond_lg.jpg

Do you remember his testimony in November 2005 (not under oath, however, so no perjury, as per corrupt buffoon Senator Ted Stevens machinations).