Interesting eBay auction

"LaoFuZhi" <the.real.address [email protected]
thing.not.too.hard.to.work.out> opined the following...

> "Jon Senior" <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=72573&item=
> > 3688720388&rd=1
> >
> > Even if the frame is sh*t, if the price doesn't rise too much it'd be a
> > good way to buy a 105 groupset.
> >
> > Sorry if anyone had already had this idea.
> >
> > Jon

> It's coming up invalid at my end :-(

You may have to copy and paste the second line. I haven't got the hang
of these shorter link people yet so the link gets split over two lines.

OK. Not so difficult. Try this: http://qurl.net/33

Jon

> You may have to copy and paste the second line. I haven't got the hang
> of these shorter link people yet so the link gets split over two lines.

Ah! now I see it! :)

Interesting indeed!

"Jon Senior" <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> You may have to copy and paste the second line. I haven't got the hang
> of these shorter link people yet so the link gets split over two lines.
>
> OK. Not so difficult. Try this: http://qurl.net/33
>
> Jon

If instead you use tinyurl -

http://tinyurl.com/

then unlike with qurl and makeshorterlink you don't
get a redirect screen in the middle. Which is neat.

But is probably also why relatively people see to know
about tinyurl.

Curious

"Dr Curious" <[email protected]> wrote in news:2m42t5Fi6831U4@uni-
berlin.de:

> If instead you use tinyurl -
>
> http://tinyurl.com/
>
> then unlike with qurl and makeshorterlink you don't
> get a redirect screen in the middle. Which is neat.

And it's also run by a guy who's seriously into unicycling, so it retains
that nice little element of "on topicness" even if you go wildly "OT".

Graeme

"Jon Senior" <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk> wrote in message

> OK. Not so difficult. Try this: http://qurl.net/33

I wondered how on earth qurl could describe a site with just two
characters. I now see that it has only been used 188 times (according to
their page) and my old /2K link is still valid!
--
Simon M.

"Graeme" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Dr Curious" <[email protected]> wrote in news:2m42t5Fi6831U4@uni-
> berlin.de:
>
> > If instead you use tinyurl -
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/
> >
> > then unlike with qurl and makeshorterlink you don't
> > get a redirect screen in the middle. Which is neat.

> And it's also run by a guy who's seriously into unicycling, so it retains
> that nice little element of "on topicness" even if you go wildly "OT".
>
> Graeme

All the more the pity you didn't think of suggesting it
yourself then really, isn't it eh Graeme?

Oops!

Some things are always on topic on NewsGroups, I find.

Next!

Curious

Dr Curious wrote:

>> And it's also run by a guy who's seriously into unicycling, so it
>> retains that nice little element of "on topicness" even if you go
>> wildly "OT".

> All the more the pity you didn't think of suggesting it
> yourself then really, isn't it eh Graeme?

What was your pointless here?

--
Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

> Dr Curious wrote:
>
> >> And it's also run by a guy who's seriously into unicycling, so it
> >> retains that nice little element of "on topicness" even if you go
> >> wildly "OT".

> > All the more the pity you didn't think of suggesting it
> > yourself then really, isn't it eh Graeme?

> What was your pointless here?

Being a tedious troll. If he's sufficiently ignored, he may get bored and go
away.

cheers,
clive

"Clive George" <[email protected]> writes:

> "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> > > All the more the pity you didn't think of suggesting it
> > > yourself then really, isn't it eh Graeme?

> > What was your pointless here?

> Being a tedious troll. If he's sufficiently ignored, he may get bored and go
> away.

Do you mean we have to make teh effort of willpower to ignore him? If
we had willpower we wouldn't be here in the first place, we'd be
working.

Dr Curious wrote:

> If instead you use tinyurl -
>
> http://tinyurl.com/
>
> then unlike with qurl and makeshorterlink you don't
> get a redirect screen in the middle. Which is neat.

The first time you get unwittingly redirected to TubGirl or Goatse,
you'll have different ideas about the usefulness of that redirect
screen.

--
Keith Willoughby
Welcome to the police state - http://tinyurl.com/3cptb

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> What was your pointless here?

Talking of pointless, it rather defeats the purpose of a killfile if you
all reply to him anyway...

James
by treading on the toes of giants.

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:28:01 +0900, James Annan
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>
>> What was your pointless here?

> Talking of pointless, it rather defeats the purpose of a killfile if you
> all reply to him anyway...

Yes but without knowing and agreeing with the contents of your killfile it
would be difficult to avoid defeating the purpose of your killfile. And,
if many of us knew, and agreed with, each others killfiles I think the
term clique would arise.

You could, of course, create a more complex filter which declined articles
that the curious doctor may have had a part in if you really want to see
nothing of his pontifications.

Colin

"Keith Willoughby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dr Curious wrote:
>
> > If instead you use tinyurl -
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/
> >
> > then unlike with qurl and makeshorterlink you don't
> > get a redirect screen in the middle. Which is neat.

> The first time you get unwittingly redirected to TubGirl or Goatse,
> you'll have different ideas about the usefulness of that redirect
> screen.

Only if you normally follow undocumented links indiscriminatingly
without assuring yourself of the bona-fides of the informant
and the nature of the material.

On most newsGroups you soon get to learn who's links are worth
following up on - even in terms of their sense of humour and
whose aren't.

Or for that matter who's most likely on Broadband, and who
has Flash installed.

Being on dial-up can impose disciplines of its own.

Curious

> --
> Keith Willoughby
> Welcome to the police state - http://tinyurl.com/3cptb

"James Annan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>
> > What was your pointless here?

> Talking of pointless, it rather defeats the purpose of a
> killfile if you all reply to him anyway..

Yet another searing insight, in your bid to wrest leadership
of the NewsGroup away from Guy, I see there Annan.

Don't worry pal I can see what you're up to, even if the
rest of these bozos can't.

Curious

Colin Blackburn wrote:

> Yes but without knowing and agreeing with the contents of your
> killfile it would be difficult to avoid defeating the purpose of your
> killfile. And, if many of us knew, and agreed with, each others
> killfiles I think the term clique would arise.

ITYM cabal (There Is No Cabal) ;-)

--

"Dr Curious" <[email protected]> writes:

> "James Annan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> >
> > > What was your pointless here?

> > Talking of pointless, it rather defeats the purpose of a
> > killfile if you all reply to him anyway..

> Yet another searing insight, in your bid to wrest leadership
> of the NewsGroup away from Guy, I see there Annan.
>
> Don't worry pal I can see what you're up to, even if the
> rest of these bozos can't.

Replying solely to avoid James missing the amusement value of this
post.