recumbent seating position

Edward Dolan wrote:

> "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Peter Clinch wrote:

>>>Maybe, but who's claiming to be one? Not me... What did you do in
>>>the library Ed, since you clearly have trouble reading?
>>>
>>>Pete.

>>Don't forget they don't have internet search engines on Planet Minnesota,
>>Pete.

> It is this scofflaw from Scotland who is advertising the fact in his
> signature that he is into something called medical physics which in turn is
> connected to a hospital. He is even an officer no less. Since he does not
> want to tell this group what it is all about, I will just assume that he is
> cleaning toilets in a hospital.
>
> Why should I look up something with a search engine just find out anything
> about this jackass. No, he can tell us what it is that he does since he is
> the jerk advertising it, not me. Medical physics - anyone?

It is obvious (to everyone but Mr. Ed) from Mr. Clinch's signature that
his profession is IT and not medical physics.

--
Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant

Edward Dolan wrote:

> ...Leather is for the birds....

Mr. Ed,

Birds are covered with feathers, not leather.

Here is a bike seat for Mr. Ed:
<http://www.screwfix.com/sfd/i/cat/25/2554_l.jpg>.

--

magpie83 wrote:

> Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>magpie83 wrote:

>>>Perhaps, like Dyson himself concluded, there is a much more efficient
>>>way of doing a job machines have been doing for years. Vacuum cleaners
>>>used bags, this was the norm, and was never questioned. Look how wrong
>>>we were!...

>>Yes, but bagless vacuum cleaners still suck! :)

> Not sure whether your comment was sarcastic or not, so don't be
> offended by reply!

It is called a pun. Opportunities to make puns on Usenet should never be
passed up. ;)

> Again, though the function is the same, the changes made allowed for a
> much more efficient machine. Small change, but big results. Dyson has
> certainly made enough money and attracted enough attention to his
> design work.
>
> Though, some of his changes were less successful,
> http://images.google.com/imgres?img...t=4&prev=/images?q=ballbarrow+dyson&hl=en&lr=
>
> The ballbarrow for instance. But his drive for change has certainly
> paid off!

The real test of a wheelbarrow is going several hundred feet across a
rough construction site with a full load of fresh concrete.

--

magpie83 wrote:

> Negative opinions arn't bad, as long as they are constructive, unlike
> Edward whatever his called!...

On alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent he is known as Mr. Ed. ;)

--
Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant

"magpie83" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> And your person pronoun, well, that requires to finger presses!
> Laziness maybe, or perhaps 'i' have lots of other things to interest
> me, and like to fit it into one day.

Poor old magpie83 can't even do the simplest of things like write an
intelligent post to a minor newsgroup, yet he is going to design a better
world for all of us. Is anyone here holding their breath (besides Peter
Clinch) waiting for this miracle of miracles.

> Which is why i won't be replying to your posts anymore! As, well, you
> are a lost cause, and there are people out there who actually need
> help in they're lives. Perhaps us, designers, could go and help design
> a product to improve the life of the disabled. Oh change,
> improvements! All a waste of time. You fool, eddy

If anyone is looking to magpie83 for help, they should know something about
the blind leading the blind. He is almost an illiterate. Why doesn't he
design for himself an education so he can get up to speed with the rest of
mankind.

Magpie83 had best just lurk on this group until he learns how to post and
how to write. It may be that he is so stupid that he can never accomplish
these very simple things. He need not ever reply to me about anything since
he is not telling me anything I want to hear, but he should nevertheless
continue to read me as it will have the effect of stimulating his otherwise
dormant brain cells. I know ... I am too kind and generous to suffer fools
like him, but I consider it my good deed for the day.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"magpie83" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> > Oh, how i sink to my knees, and beg for your mercy. You clearly know
>> > so much about everything.

>> Well ... yes, but don't over do it. Others on this group will go insane
>> with
>> jealousy. They can't stand for anyone to praise me.

> Ha, you stupid old fool! You actually thought i was 'praising you!
> It's could sarcasm!

You mean you didn't mean what you said about me being the knowingest person
you had ever encountered in your miserable life?

>> No, they will end up the same way every one ends up who comes into this
>> world - bitter and disappointed and finally, dead. That is the perfect
>> solution for what ails all of us - death. That is what we deserve and
>> that
>> is what we get. Praise the Lord! And remember, God loves you - never
>> forget
>> that priceless bit of wisdom!

> Don't you dare force your own religion and beliefs on me, or anyone
> else for that matter. They should be kept to yourself.

What religious beliefs? I have been an atheist since the age of 16. Can't I
even remind you that you are going to die some day at which point you will
be as dead as a mackerel and of equal significance? But I am disappointed
that you do not think that God loves you. I thought all mentally retarded
idiots like you believed that sort of nonsense.

>> The only improvements I am interested in at the moment are your posts. I
>> sure would like to see some improvement there for instance. How am I
>> suppose
>> to take someone seriously who does not know enough to capitalize the
>> personal pronoun I. Why don't you see if you can make some small
>> improvements in your posts before you undertake to improve the rest of
>> the
>> world.

> You really are incredibly slow! Andy and anyone else gets a capital
> letter, they are deservng of one. You however, eddy, don't! PLus it
> clearly pisses you off no end, which makes my day! Oh the joy.

Yes, idiots always make excuses for their idiocies. Why not just own up to
the fact that you are an idiot. Trust me on this, you will feel better after
you have confessed to everyone on this newsgroup that you are an idiot. We
will forgive you as long as you say you are sorry for being an idiot, but if
you do not apologize, then we will hold it against you and never forgive
you.

>> [...]
>>

>> More people are being killed in car accidents than ever before. How about
>> designing some safety into things.

> Reasons more people maybe killed. More people driving, instantly
> increases the figures. Think about it! Population size has increased
> since last time you step out during the 70's! Also, drivers sitting
> too close to steering wheels. Impact from airbags kills you, if the
> occupant is too close. That, therefore is the users own fault. Or lack
> of wearing seat belts. Think u'll find i was talking about pedestrian
> safety anyway. And it's my view that if you step out in front of a
> car, well, it's a pretty stupid thing to do. Even if i do it myself
> tomorrow!

I take back everything I ever said about you being an idiot. No, after
reading the above I realize you are a genius. You can now go to the head of
the class as you have proven your worth to one and all.

>> Are people happier today than they were 100 years ago? I doubt it despite
>> all the "improving" and "change" going on.

> Seeing as you ask. My opinion is that most people today weren't alive
> 100 years ago! Idiot! And i think if you showed those people from that
> era, they would envy the products we have today! Biggest factor that
> seems to cause unrest and unhappiness nowadays is war! Nothing to do
> with the design of a recumbent cycle. So, think we can put that to
> rest!

Yes, that is the secret to happiness all right - things! Have you ever
thought of going into theology. You could perhaps design a religion around
the accumulation of things. The more things, the greater the happiness; the
less things, the lesser the happiness. You will excuse me if I decided not
to sign up for your new religion. I will be out there waging old fashion war
and trying to kill as many Muslims as I can while you are busy accumulating
things and piling up treasure in the name of your new religion.

>> [...]
>>

>> > That's fine, you keep your closed mind. And yes, through Andy's design
>> > process he will have to come to conclusions, as otherwise he would
>> > noever finish. but these 'conclusions' are always open for revision!
>> > Should you have an accident on your 25 year old bike, the technology
>> > and design that helps your recovery may finally be appreciated. And
>> > should the same accident have happened when your bike was constructed
>> > you will realise that change is good, and needed!

>> I hate all change. There ought to be a law against it. Every change that
>> have undergone in the past 50 years has been for the worst.

> Thats fine, it appears i'm not forcing you to like change! But it's a
> vehicle we are debating, so get off your high horse! Seems the change
> you most look forward to is when you finally end up 6ft under. Don't
> think any of us here will regret that change.

But that is where you are going to end up too, 6ft under as you so
eloquently put it. Or do you think you are going to ascend to heaven like
the Blessed Virgin Mary without having to die. No, we are all food for worms
as Zorba the Greek said so long ago. How do you feel about ending up as food
for worms. I think everyone on this newsgroup would like to know what you
think and how you propose to design your way around it. Maybe instead of
designing for life, you could design for death. After all, we are only alive
for a little while, but we are dead for all eternity.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> All I know is that more and more people are being killed in toto than
> ever before.

Wrong, at least in the US. Traffic fatalities have decreased from 50000
per year in the 70's to nearer 40000 per year.

Them's raw numbers bub.

Now, I'll away for a spell while ol' whatsit makes up stuff because a
librarian can't be bothered to actually look up anything. What a waste.

Wait, maybe you meant "more people are currently being digested by
Dorothy's dog" in which case you might be on something.

"Howard" <bishop(1199bitshiftleft1)@yazhooz.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>

>> All I know is that more and more people are being killed in toto than
>> ever before.
>>

> Wrong, at least in the US. Traffic fatalities have decreased from 50000
> per year in the 70's to nearer 40000 per year.

I thought we had a 55 mph speed limit back in the 70's. I do not see how
traffiic deaths could have been more then than now.

And only 1000 American soldiers have died so far in Iraq. What are liberals
so upset about I wonder. Maybe they could focus on all those traffic deaths
if they want to bemoan something.

> Them's raw numbers bub.
>
> Now, I'll away for a spell while ol' whatsit makes up stuff because a
> librarian can't be bothered to actually look up anything. What a waste.
>
> Wait, maybe you meant "more people are currently being digested by
> Dorothy's dog" in which case you might be on something.

Is not "in toto" a Latin phrase for totally or in sum? Maybe you could look
this up for everyone since you apparently don't mind looking things up.

I do not like to look things up even for myself, let alone others.
Consequently, I was the world's worst librarian. I was kicked out of every
reference department I was ever assigned to as I seemed to lack any desire
to help the students with their problems. My favorite phrase was ... " look
it up yourself, g.d. it!" I was made the chief book buyer instead where I
could do less harm to the delicate egos of the college students.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Howard" <bishop(1199bitshiftleft1)@yazhooz.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > news:[email protected]:
> >

> >> All I know is that more and more people are being killed in toto than
> >> ever before.
> >>

> > Wrong, at least in the US. Traffic fatalities have decreased from 50000
> > per year in the 70's to nearer 40000 per year.

> I thought we had a 55 mph speed limit back in the 70's. I do not see how
> traffiic deaths could have been more then than now.

The speed limit decrease in the 70's and increase in the 90's had nothing to
do with the reduction (or increase) of traffic deaths

> I do not like to look things up even for myself, let alone others.
> Consequently, I was the world's worst librarian.

Thats obvious

Edward Dolan wrote:

> Yes, that is the secret to happiness all right - things! Have you ever
> thought of going into theology. You could perhaps design a religion around
> the accumulation of things. The more things, the greater the happiness; the
> less things, the lesser the happiness....

Hey Ed,

Materialism already exists and is the official religion of the United
States.

--

Edward Dolan wrote:

> I thought we had a 55 mph speed limit back in the 70's. I do not see how
> traffiic deaths could have been more then than now....

In the 1970's most people were driving standard, domestically produced
sedans. Not only did these lack many of the passive safety features of
current vehicles, but seat belt usage rates were also much lower.

And in term of active safety, these cars with their numb, slow steering,
pitiful brakes, and softly sprung, under-damped suspensions, and poor
tires were significantly inferior to even a modern full-size SUV.
Fortunately, most of the **** Detroit produced in this era has gone to
the junkyard and been recycled. Today, even the worst cars and trucks on
the US market are decent vehicles (thanks to Mr. Honda, the Toyoda
family, et al).

The above factors can easily explain a significantly decline in
fatalities per mile driven.

--
Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:

> > I thought we had a 55 mph speed limit back in the 70's. I do not see how
> > traffiic deaths could have been more then than now....

> In the 1970's most people were driving standard, domestically produced
> sedans. Not only did these lack many of the passive safety features of
> current vehicles, but seat belt usage rates were also much lower.

True but the reason for the 55 mph limit in the first place was to conserve
fuel not for safety, only later when the fuel crisis at that time ended did
it become a bogus safety issue and it mostly remained in place because it
generated a large source of revenue for city and state governments

> And in term of active safety, these cars with their numb, slow steering,
> pitiful brakes, and softly sprung, under-damped suspensions, and poor
> tires were significantly inferior to even a modern full-size SUV.
>
> Fortunately, most of the **** Detroit produced in this era has gone to
> the junkyard and been recycled. Today, even the worst cars and trucks on
> the US market are decent vehicles (thanks to Mr. Honda, the Toyoda
> family, et al).

As a former owner of 3 Chevette's we both agree on this

> The above factors can easily explain a significantly decline in
> fatalities per mile driven.

Speed doesn't kill, bad driving does and always has

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:

> > Yes, that is the secret to happiness all right - things! Have you ever
> > thought of going into theology. You could perhaps design a religion

around
> > the accumulation of things. The more things, the greater the happiness;

the
> > less things, the lesser the happiness....

> Hey Ed,
>
> Materialism already exists and is the official religion of the United
> States.

How many recumbents have you had over the years?

:)

"Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
[...]
> Speed doesn't kill, bad driving does and always has

Speed kills as surely as bad driving does, since bad driving we have always
with us. We humans were designed for walking and when we go faster than we
can walk, we have a brain locomotion coordination problem. I have gotten out
of many a potential accident on the highways when I was going 55 mph which I
could not have gotten out of if I had been going 85 mph. This is not rocket
science. Speed kills. It always has and it always will.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Edward Dolan wrote:

>> > Yes, that is the secret to happiness all right - things! Have you ever
>> > thought of going into theology. You could perhaps design a religion

> around
>> > the accumulation of things. The more things, the greater the happiness;

> the
>> > less things, the lesser the happiness....

>> Hey Ed,
>>
>> Materialism already exists and is the official religion of the United
>> States.

> How many recumbents have you had over the years?

Another one of Mark Leuck's famous one sentence posts! I note that he does
use questions marks although he continues to abhor periods. He is showing
rank prejudice and discrimination against punctuation marks, if you ask me.
I charge him with being a punctuation bigot!

How many recumbents? Quite a few I must admit, but most of them were gotten
on the cheap. I still have all of them by the way as I never get rid of
anything. I am a bit of a pack rat that way.

The truth is that man cannot live without a certain amount of materialism,
but I think we Americans have carried it to an extreme. Once you embark on
the materialistic route, you can never have enough - and so you are doomed
to disappointment and ultimate failure. The ultimate failure part really
kicks in when you realize you can't take it with you when you depart this
vale of tears.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan wrote:

> "Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> [...]
>
>>Speed doesn't kill, bad driving does and always has[.]

> Speed kills as surely as bad driving does, since bad driving we have always
> with us. We humans were designed for walking and when we go faster than we
> can walk, we have a brain locomotion coordination problem. I have gotten out
> of many a potential accident on the highways when I was going 55 mph which I
> could not have gotten out of if I had been going 85 mph. This is not rocket
> science. Speed kills. It always has and it always will.

Speed does not kill. Death in motor vehicle accidents is from trauma
incurred during events of high magnitude deceleration.

--

Mark Leuck wrote:

> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>And in term of active safety, these cars with their numb, slow steering,
>>pitiful brakes, and softly sprung, under-damped suspensions, and poor
>>tires were significantly inferior to even a modern full-size SUV.
>>
>>Fortunately, most of the **** Detroit produced in this era has gone to
>>the junkyard and been recycled. Today, even the worst cars and trucks on
>>the US market are decent vehicles (thanks to Mr. Honda, the Toyoda
>>family, et al).

> As a former owner of 3 Chevette's we both agree on this[.]...

Why, after the experience of one "Shove It", would anyone buy a second
and third? And why admit to such folly in a public forum?

--

Mark Leuck wrote:

> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Edward Dolan wrote:

>>>Yes, that is the secret to happiness all right - things! Have you ever
>>>thought of going into theology. You could perhaps design a religion

> around
>
>>>the accumulation of things. The more things, the greater the happiness;

> the
>
>>>less things, the lesser the happiness....

>>Hey Ed,
>>
>>Materialism already exists and is the official religion of the United
>>States.

> How many recumbents have you had over the years?

I only have two now that I intended to buy - the others came into my
life looking for new homes.

--
Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Mark Leuck wrote:

[...]
>> How many recumbents have you had over the years?

> I only have two now that I intended to buy - the others came into my life
> looking for new homes.

That is the way it is with me too with stray cats. They come over here to my
house looking for a new home and I have to take them in, the poor little
creatures. I have created a cat heaven for them and they repay me by purring
and purring whenever I even look at them. Don't ask me how many I have. I am
too embarrassed to tell anyone anymore. Suffice it to say, I have quite a
few.

My main worry in life is what is going to happen to all my cats when I die.
Will they have to die too? My recumbents will get hauled out to the local
dump, but I would like to think that my cats could go on living even if I am
not here to care for them.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

>Materialism already exists and is the official religion of the United
>States.

That is uncomfortably close to the truth, though people in many
countries...especially the young...are also infected with it.

No wonder the Islamic fundamentalists hate the West.

James S. Prine

"No Moore Lies"

http://hometown.aol.com/jsprine/