Share Your Results

stowy

Jan 20, 2011
Hey Guys,

As I'm new to this forum and getting a lot of benfit from what I'm learning here, I just wanted to find out a bit about you guys who are contributing on here and how your riding has benefited from the training you've been doing.

So, if you're keen, whack up some details on here and say what sort of training you did and what sort of increases in performance you've seen over the time you've been following the training, and how long it took. If you want to say who you are too i'd love to know what kind of racing you do.

It seems like there's some pretty serious guys here and I'm interested to see what kind of results you've been getting.

Myself, I've only just started last week, so I haven't got anything to show for myself yet. I'm trying to get out of a rut i've been in in time-trialling, my average speed seems to have hit a wall. Of course i don't have a power meter, i've got it on my shopping list, in the meantime i'm using my garmin and sportstracks to give me an estimation of FTP. My main disciplines are time-trial (triathlon) and MTB, but I'm gonna have a good go at the road racing season here in australia which starts soon.

But keen to hear about what you guys do.

Stowy

Hi there.
I am a UK TT'er and have had a very interesting winter and so thought I would post on here and see if anyone else has similar experiences. I have ben TT'ing for 4 seasons and take it pretty seriously. This last season my best distance was 50 miles (6th in National and agegroup champ), but I decided I wanted to up my game at 10 and 25. So whilst most are banging out the base miles in the off season I have been crucifying myself on Mondays and Fridays (most weeks) with a 90 min interval session, and doing a 50 min 25 mile simulation on Wednesdays. In 3 to 4 months I have pushed my FT up 25 to 30 watts. No one is more staggered than me at the payback from the speedwork, which I put mainly down to a marked muscle buffering (lactate flushing) improvement and some considerable muscular adaptation.