The Thread about Nothing....

And having done my mandatory training, I know I just broke my Code of conduct agreement naming the RTO I work for, publicly. I don't care anymore. The ****ing palaver over swipe cards and boom gates at the entrance to my place of work, and I'm ****ing ruined. I just can't.

All the frustration you are going through, Beepers, is about the culture of the workplace, and it's not related to public service vs private enterprise (the same shite exists in both).
I have a theory that's not worth the ****-wipe it's written on, but still floats my boat:
1) Culture exists wherever 2 or more people interact.
2) Culture describes the commonality of those involved.
3) Where a culture is not defined / guided, it will create itself, and it will undergo a process of declining standards until it reaches the barrier of the lowest common denominator (ie where one or or more of the participants goes "Wtf!". Without further intervention, that is where it will stay, continuing to test that bottom-feeding barrier, unless the Resister leaves.
4) For a culture to rise from the muck, it needs reference points that help describe it. In a company, these are usually stated as values.
5) To fight back as an individual, testing actions / inactions / interactions against those values is the power tool, as everyone is contracted to adhere to those values. Hold people to account for transgressing the stated values.
6) If TAFE don't have defined values, you are foobarred. Best to find a culture that is a better match for your own value set.
7) Do what's right in your head.

Beepers said:
Because Everyone is disillusioned, and the teamwork is gone, and the petty public servant whingers arc up and win that game. A game I don't need to play.
I hope it can improve, but I won't hold my breath. It'll take decades to fix what the gov't has done to Tafe.

Same in Victoria. Perhaps worse from what I gather anecdotally.

When I did my apprenticeship, the company I worked for invested in training their newbies, turning school kids into skilled journeymen. They had a dedicated apprentice campus with full time masters who would give one on one tuition and guidance for the whole of the first year. Then we were let loose on the workshop floor and served another three years under one or more tradesmen. On top of that, many of us did further studies at TAFE to augment our skillsets. In my case, two years of night school to become a qualified pressure vessel welder in three different welding technologies (MIG, MAG and TIG).

I'm not sure there are too many companies who would go to such lengths these days. And as a consequence, TAFE has been neglected and pretty much shut down. In Vitoria, I seem to recall that started with Kennet.

Last edited:
Reactions: EoinC2
Here it is. The most pussyfied sooky la la let’s hear it for the sisterhood movie review of all time. **** me it is retarded.

https://nationalpost.com/entertainm...t-dead-and-gone#click=https://t.co/cw9bLDAUFk
The comments are fantastic. My favourite so far:
Cynthia Yeung said:
I re-watched the movie "Bears" the other day for the first time in quite a few years and it remains as gorgeously filmed as I remembered it. But what stood out was the utter lack of diversity. I mean every scene was dominated by brown bears. The lone wolf was depicted as stereotypical villainous and there was not a single black or white bear, just brown bears!

I'm a fan of Tesla, but,sigh.... not so sure about this:

05_Desktop.jpg

What's our view?

I reckon the black throated finch is a made up animal. Like manbearpig or the Mexican staring frog of southern Sri Lanka

Reactions: bbp
I hadn't seen that brubaker truck before. I just thought there was a vague resemblance to the van