The Thread about Nothing....

Yeah, what is terrible is that if I move from my office to the lounge, I actually get better performance, purely from being connected directly to the base unit on my home WiFi mesh system rather than the upstairs satellite. Sucks to be me :D

I'm also using bandwidth for all my cycling at the moment in my garage. I only just got this all set up again last night after finishing a repaint in the garage on Sunday.

Attachments

• pain cave.jpg
    pain cave.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: steve and EoinC2
I have set up Mrs Wilchemy’s hybrid on a basic stationary trainer (after a tyre mod to make it fit) for her and the fam to ride.
She did ask if I could set up my rollers for her.... Given she didn’t even recognise her bike when I pulled it out of the shed coz it had been that long since she rode I felt that would not have been a wise choice :D

Reactions: EoinC2
Well these sure are interesting times! I'm teaching from my spare bedroom, while colleagues are teaching from homes full of noisy children / animals / spouses, and students are in their back yards or their bedrooms in animal onesies. At least we have the wonderful NBN making this all possible ...

I've been saying this to everyone who'll listen since early March, but the USA is totally screwed by this coronavirus situation - utterly inept "leadership" and wilful ingorance of science will do that to you! The guy who wrote "I love rock'n'roll" died from it last week and now music legend John Prine is seriously ill. This is my favourite version of one of his songs, by the greatly missed Chris Wilson.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Edit: fortunately I paid for the better NBN plan when I was forced onto it. Always above 40 Mbps - my son says its only OK for gaming but he's not here that often and it's fine for my needs.

So right now, your "goal" is the death of more than 100,000 people? I guess this is what an anti-science agenda looks like.

66d217fb12b8fbe6a2a9.jpg

Reactions: steve
Interesting times for sure. But now I can disappear into a Chris Wilson retreat for a while.... cheers roshea

Tonight’s movie review is Death Hunt.

Charles Bronson goes in to the wilderness to get away from Coronavirus. Arseholes with Coronavirus come to his cabin to spread their cooties. Lee Marvin tries to keep Bronson in isolation but arseholes keep trying to give him cooties. Bronson not happy. Bloodshed ensues.

Social commentator and lifestyle guru, classic1, offers more tips on surviving the coronavirus apocalypse.

Unemployment
Survive unemployment by having a job. ****, I’m channeling the IPA now.

Other alternatives include winning tattslotto, being a parliamentarian ($200k a year for doing work that wouldn’t tax an embryo), or being a rich **** and living off your franking credits.

Getting the virus
Avoid queues at the hospital by doing your best to catch the virus. If you get it now you’ll get the best beds in the ICU, your own ventilator, and most of the healthcare staff are still alive so you will actually get some care. You snooze, you lose. Best ways to catch the virus include taking a cruise, hanging around with people who’ve been on a cruise, French kissing Peter Dutton, rooting pangolins or hanging out with Americans.

PM Briefings
The best way to find out what is going on and what to do to protect you and your loved ones is to NOT watch Scott Morrison and the chief medical officer on TV. These dickheads have no ****ing idea whatsoever and will confuse the **** out of you with their retarded and contradictory statements. You also avoid having an incompetent, corrupt, hypocritical religious fanatic who believes in the rapture hectoring you, nor will you have to sit there squirming while the ***** avoids questions. He’s gone from daggy dad to aggro dad real quick.

Do watch if you want to find out what not to do in a crisis or you want to learn how to deliver unclear, inconcise blather and ********. **** that **** has a special knack for disseminating insincere waffle.

My tip is to wait until the following morning to hear what Daniel Andrews or
Gladys Berejiklian have to say as they clearly have some idea and seem to be actually running the country.

POTUS briefings.
Have a look at the orange faced buffoon and ask yourself if you could even remotely take him seriously. America is a failed state. My advice is to flick over to 7 Mate and watch worlds worst car crash TV to see less horrific car crashes.

Getting the virus
Avoid queues at the hospital by doing your best to catch the virus. If you get it now you’ll get the best beds in the ICU, your own ventilator, and most of the healthcare staff are still alive so you will actually get some care. You snooze, you lose. Best ways to catch the virus include taking a cruise, hanging around with people who’ve been on a cruise, French kissing Peter Dutton, rooting pangolins or hanging out with Americans.

The RedBull F1 team was all over this...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...-f1-drivers-to-deliberately-catch-coronavirus

Smart people in F1.

I thought I'd give a helping hand today with some COVID-19 advice in response to a genuine agony aunt question I found in The Guardian...
Q I enjoy casual sex and although it’s not always that easy to be safe, I believe I can do it safely enough to protect against sexually transmitted diseases. But Covid-19 is another story. Can I now have sex with strangers and avoid the risk of contracting coronavirus?

A
It's essential you do not have sex at the moment on the off chance you might breed and give birth to someone as stupid as you.​

Reactions: steve and classic1
Yeah, well, if Malcolm brings COVIC-19 to Scone (where he has a property on the edge of town), I'll be putting the human gastronomy option into effect. Probably will anyway, given how **** the new NBN connection is. Signed up for 100mbps - getting 21 at best off-peak **** Malcolm. And I apologise once again for ever backing that stupid ****ing FTTN strategy. Dumbest, most expensive infrastructure mistake Australia has ever made.

How's the gigabit network going in New Zealand my Kiwi friends?

You are right it was a disaster of a policy and idiotic but he knew it was a great dog whistle to the conservatives (spend way less and get 80% of the benefits - which is nonsense). FTTN was and remains a national tragedy - now look whats 200 billion between friends?

However the biggest idiot was Rudd for imploding as a leader and getting undone which crucified the FTTH policy. If ever we desperately needed political stability it was during that critical infrastructure transition. Got drunk on power and self importance real quick.

He did. Can remember numerous times late on a Friday needing to dig out info because the call had come down through the chain that the PMs office needed info for some stupid brainstorm he or one of his staffers had.