The Thread about Nothing....

Did anyone know Vettel was quite witty?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I thought I'd give a helping hand today with some COVID-19 advice in response to a genuine agony aunt question I found in The Guardian...
Q I enjoy casual sex and although it’s not always that easy to be safe, I believe I can do it safely enough to protect against sexually transmitted diseases. But Covid-19 is another story. Can I now have sex with strangers and avoid the risk of contracting coronavirus?

A
It's essential you do not have sex at the moment on the off chance you might breed and give birth to someone as stupid as you.​
Yeah but I just meant to text the exumflatmate in Germany, but got the wrong Christina, and after a couple of hours of txting it's going well. It's not a sin to travel a couple of kms to catch up one on one with someone you haven't seen, nor remember, for 8 years, surely?

I mean I'm happy to be a good boy and lock down short term, but only for a good reason. Namely to allow the govt that is locking us down to prepare their response properly. I want to see tent hospitals popping up everywhere asap if they're going to destroy the economy, and quite likely let small businesses like mine go bankrupt, which granted is a smaller concern in the scheme of things, even to me. But the country can't afford $1500 payouts to all and sundry, including me, beyond the very short term, because let's face it, the virus now EXISTS, and will do what it does; and it's not going away even if we all hide from it for 3 or 6 months. When we open our doors again it'll still be there. The only reason to lock down now is to allow the health authorities a bit more time to prepare and gear up for the inevitable.
I'd love someone to find a vaccine or cure in 3 months, but it's farfetched. If they don't it's still gonna be a Darwin moment no matter how long we hide away from it.
If I'm foolish and stupid, um, please explain.

Last edited:
Reactions: steve
DPF. Bill Withers.

Ain’t no sunshine
Lean on me
Just the two of us

Then there’s ace songs like Use me and Lovely Day. Name a singer/songwriter with a better top 3? There wouldn’t be more than a few I reckon.

Came to it late, was working on the line when he had his first hit. A top bloke by all accounts. Plus he told the record industry to stick it up their **** and walked away. Legend.

Reactions: Wilchemy and EoinC2
Sergio Rossi has also died, apparently from Covid-19.

(Italian shoe designer, in case anyone is wondering. I have a pair of his shoes).

How many shoes did Sergio actually cobble?

Bill made dunny seats for 747’s. Show some respect and think about that next time you are taking a **** on a plane.

Reactions: EoinC2 and steve
He was a shoemaker, learnt the trade from his father, but I'm not sure how many shoes he actually cobbled. He started out making sandals and selling them from his own shop.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/860602.The_Marvelous_Mud_Washing_Machine
The first novel I wrote was as a primary school student, about the trials and travails of a poor innocent ****. Travelling from an ******** through a government owned sewerage system. I was clearly a ****ing nutbar.
My first primary school had 20 odd students, proper country school. 20 students between years 1 and 7, yes yr7 was primary still in SA, but our goldfish died, and we buried it, but yes I dug it up a few days later just to see what had happened.
What happened is I chose the wrong wingman and I got in trouble. It was an excellent life lesson.
And oh yeah I wrote that digestionary tract story whilst a Wasleys primary student too.

Wasleys was famous back in the day for farming the lucerne that fed Phar Lap and made him special too.

Last edited:
Reactions: EoinC2
Actually inevitability is entirely horseshit. I apologise for my weakness of spirit.

Cheetah, do you remember how we once spoke about Lotus Europas? I like Lotii.
I spoke to a Lotus owner this evening and I suppose there's no shame in admitting what I can't afford.
http://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/p/1/k/renault/id/21796
Still got the original Compliance Plate but it's come a long way since.

I think I'm a ****ing **** for letting Seppos see that ad btw.