The Thread about Nothing....

Hmmmm, that’s more a regional pronunciation or a class group pronunciation thing I suspect. Nearly everyone in SA would say carsell, Vics cassell, except if they are posh.

Reactions: EoinC2
Matthews and Kruijswijk out too.

Case numbers in Italy are approaching what they were in the spring

Reactions: steve
Great ranting there, Mr Classo.

Channel 7 and AFL - Daisy is awesome, knows the game but doesn't talk a heap of **** like the other former players.
Bruce - could he ask any more rhetorical questions?
BT - never been very bright, so we shouldn't expect anything better of him now.
The bright light there is that Razor Ray got canned for the remaining games, which only seems fair since a key role of a central umpire is actually bouncing the ball straight (without getting started on his running commentary - TURN HIS ****ING MIC OFF!

Reactions: classic1
Good thing Matthews has COVID, at least that's a reasonable excuse for not being close in any of the stages so far.

Reactions: steve
From the last ride. Hopefully heading up North next weekend, if MCO’s (Movement Control Order) don’t extend beyond current restrictions...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRXokq-Y4fQ
Beautiful Eion. What a gorgeous little spot.

That feature in the background of the earlier shots looks like a pyramid.

Tell me... do you know what bird of prey was in the air (at about the 2:40 mark)?

Check out this chonky boy I found on the front lawn yesterday.

zErKqjY.jpg

EgzORVN.jpg

CpzkRwy.jpg

Great ranting there, Mr Classo.

Channel 7 and AFL - Daisy is awesome, knows the game but doesn't talk a heap of **** like the other former players.
Bruce - could he ask any more rhetorical questions?
BT - never been very bright, so we shouldn't expect anything better of him now.
The bright light there is that Razor Ray got canned for the remaining games, which only seems fair since a key role of a central umpire is actually bouncing the ball straight (without getting started on his running commentary - TURN HIS ****ING MIC OFF!
I see what you did there

Beautiful Eion. What a gorgeous little spot.

That feature in the background of the earlier shots looks like a pyramid.

Tell me... do you know what bird of prey was in the air (at about the 2:40 mark)?
They’re a local sea eagle, methinks. The pyramiddy things are old volcanoes.

Reactions: paulambry
****, they blew up the old dredgers today in the Morwell Open Cut.

That would explain that loud noise and the house shaking this morning. I thought it was someone starting a shitty old motorbike or ride on mower, but that didn’t explain the house shake or the fact there were no shitty old motor bikes or ride on mowers around.

Reactions: EoinC2 and Wilchemy
Ackermann's DQ. ******** or fair?

I can see that he deviated from his line but the poor ******* he decked was never, ever, going to progress and never did it seem malicious.

Should the rule include a mention to forward momentum of both riders?

**** football. I'm going to share a recipe with you lot. It's ace. And easy. Make it. You'll thank me. Needs a robust wine like a Shiraz. Ate this tonight, it's the only positive I can take from this evening.

classic1 TAN masterchef Collingwood got flogged edition.

Steak Tagliata

• 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
  • 4 red onions, peeled and halved across the middle
  • 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed
  • olive oil, for drizzling
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 350 g rump steak, at room temperature
  • 3 garlic cloves, smashed
  • 2 rosemary sprigs, roughly chopped
  • zest and juice of 1 lemon
  • 150gms salad greens such as rocket, baby spinach, radicchio, or a lettuce mix

Optional: toasted pine nuts. Crumbled goats cheese

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 200°C. Combine the sweet potato, onion and carrots in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat, then roast in the oven for 40 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and golden.

When the vegetables have about 10 minutes remaining cooking time, season both sides of the steak with plenty of salt and pepper, then smear with a little olive oil. Heat a large, heavy-based frying pan over high heat until really hot, then sear the steak for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the steak to a warmed plate, cover tightly with foil and leave to rest.

Return the frying pan to medium–low heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and fry the garlic until fragrant. Add the rosemary and lemon zest and juice and cook for 30 seconds, stirring to loosen any tasty bits on the pan, then remove from the heat.

To serve, divide the salad leaves onto four plates, then arrange the roasted vegetables on to the salad leaves. Using a sharp knife, cut the steak into ½ cm- thick slices and pour any meat juices into the frying pan with the lemon and garlic mix. Arrange the steak slices on the plates then pour the lemony garlic sauce over the meat, vegetables and salad leaves. Serve immediately.

Serve with crusty bread.

Sounded awesome until you said "salad."

;)

To be fair, it sounds farking delicious.

If I'm not racing, will it get me in trouble?

Next up, the ghost of Marco Pantani speaks of his life as a cycling randonneur with some professionals in Europe.
Surprisingly, yes it could. Being serious for a moment, EPO results in increased blood viscosity as a consequence of the increased haematocrit so the consequences are potentially fatal.

Doctor's advice: stick with beer (and I don't even like the stuff! I'm a cider drinker)

I found another chonky boi on the front lawn today. He flattened himself out to intimidate me, just before he waddled off into the garden...

FtjwNIE.jpg

Rib/lung comfort levels are pretty good now thanks Paulie. Coughing and sneezing are now in the not to be feared category. I can sleep alright, but still mostly on my back, so snoring like an absolute ******* in the spare room to avoid getting stabbed by my lovely missus.

I picked the totally wrong time to be a dumb **** and crash though, and have some brownie point work ahead of me. We were two weeks out from having a new kitchen installed and I had a bit of painting and demo work to do. The painting wasn't too bad, split that with Mrs. V, but had to rope in some mates to pull the last two cupboards and bit of bench out for me. Luckily they're the tradie mates who were going to be disconnecting the plumbing and electrics under the bench so the invoice plus shout just got a bit more expensive.

How are those ribs and that kitchen Vette?

****, they blew up the old dredgers today in the Morwell Open Cut.

That would explain that loud noise and the house shaking this morning. I thought it was someone starting a shitty old motorbike or ride on mower, but that didn’t explain the house shake or the fact there were no shitty old motor bikes or ride on mowers around.
***********!
I got to climb up and go in the cabin of one of those dredgers back in my mid teens - while it was digging in the open cut - and chat to the driver/pilot/operator. Fark they were massive, and pretty awesome to see in action from right up close. I can still remember how much it shook and vibrated.
My old man knew one of the site managers (or some similar position) at the time & we got a personal all access tour of the mine which was ace! Back in the days before security clearances or any Worksafe regs got in the way haha