The Thread about Nothing....

thunder said:
both at once Jono?

Finger bang?

How do you manage to do two at once?
Dunno, but by the sounds of his personality he won't be doing a lot of eating!

Boom-tish!

Jono L said:
Dunno, but by the sounds of his personality he won't be doing a lot of eating!

Boom-tish!
well, if it was Armstrong, I hear the only person he is willing to go down on is Matthew McConaughey

Anyone seen the cricket. Sri Lanka 16/2 chasing Australia declared 551/4. It seems one doesn't need to watch the cricket on TV anymore if Australia is playing. It's a shame really

A few times I've had my 10s 105 cranks on both bikes come loose:(.This causes the usual bloody crick, creaking whatever you want to call it but it gives me the ***** no end listening to it. Last time was when I took the pedals off to fit the bike in a bike box. It wasn't all that bad initially but is getting worse.
I have had to go to the LBS before 'cause I didn't have the tool. I now have the tools & checked out the parktools instructions on their site. Before I have a go does anyone have any advice of what to be wary of before I fark it up :eek:

Albert 50 said:
Is Harrigans adjacent to Hunter Valley Gardens ? There should be something here to keep most occupied & a good place where cars can be left unattended. There is a bike hire joint as well if you happen to forget your bike :eek:
Orright northern TANners ....... is everyone cool with Hunter Valley Gardens as a rendezvous/ride kick off point? Suggested meeting time?

The HVG website is so **** I'm having a hard time working out what's what.
I think Harrigan's bistro might be open on Sundays, so are we interested in that for lunch, or should I look a little further afield?

AND - how many people? I'm assuming bbp is flying solo, but what about the rest of you? Are you all bringing spouses/partners? Can I get some form of confirmation of attendance by Nov 18th at the latest? PM would be best, that way it's easier to keep track of numbers.

Many thanks,
Social Secretary, TAN (Northern Division)

matagi said:
some form of confirmation
Put me down for two, one only on a bike (c'est moi). If its HVG to start can I suggest our Secretary pm us with a mobile contact number in the event of major traffic accidents, colliding with Brian Ferry or me getting lost in the rose gaden maze...
(I should also mention they do a very nooiice champagne (and smoked salmon) breakfast at the Pokolbin Gardens. If we leave at 8.30am and we're only doing 40k we should be back in time for breakky)

Albert 50 said:
A few times I've had my 10s 105 cranks on both bikes come loose:(.This causes the usual bloody crick, creaking whatever you want to call it but it gives me the ***** no end listening to it. Last time was when I took the pedals off to fit the bike in a bike box. o
It's best to check the 5mm bolts after the first few rides. A warning saying such now comes with the new cranks, but it didn't a couple of years ago.

If I put a set on, I check it a couple of times on teh first ride, then when I get home, then again after the next ride.

Is anyone else doing the Highland Fling tomorrow? Anyone got a rundown on the parcours? Stick with the Crossmarks or is it likely to warrant a chunkier tyre after all this rain?

Thank God for some sunshine. I was getting the irrits by yesterday with the rain. Just spent a lovely four hours dawdling around on the pushie, checked out Sculptures by the Sea, the submarine sculpture plaything is awesome, the artist's kids must be the luckiest children alive. Some very nice eye candy down there too.

Finally pulled apart the slipping freehub on a wheel this morning, a bit of a shake in a bidon of white spirits and it cleaned up fine and all's good, but I think I managed to lose a ball bearing out of the hub. Anyone remember off the top of their heads whether Duraace 9spd rear hubs have 9 bearings each side, or is it 8 one side and 9 the other? Looks like it should be 9 each side, dammit.

531Aussie said:
ha! :) Remember Rominger crashed (on his own!!) during testing for his hour record coz he forgot he had a fixed gear? I reckon happens more than we hear about. :)
I kinda did that first time I rode my mates BT, didn't stack but still kneed myself in the gut good and proper:D doh...