civil unrest in australia...what gives?

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, flies like a duck; it's a DUCK.....not a Jew.

Carrera said:
Surely you can see the point that any immigrant has to gain some sort of understanding of secular values and tolerance for other groups who may think differently? This is why I personally believe immigrants should have obligatory classes to teach tolerance and that there is such a legitimate thing as criticism.
It's hardly fair to call me a racist on those grounds.
makes sense to me. The vast mojority of communitites in the middle East seem to place religion FIRST then everything else AFTER. The West places the rule of law FIRST then everything else AFTER. Before anyone calls me a racist, understand that I am an Government & International Relations major in University so spare me the cavalierly, bestowed insults. Samuel Huntington is a WORLD RENOWNED SCHOLAR on this issue. See below:

"Clash of civilizations"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clash_of_civilizations

davidmc said:
makes sense to me. The vast mojority of communitites in the middle East seem to place religion FIRST then everything else AFTER. The West places the rule of law FIRST then everything else AFTER. Before anyone calls me a racist, understand that I am an Government & International Relations major in University so spare me the cavalierly, bestowed insults. Samuel Huntington is a WORLD RENOWNED SCHOLAR on this issue. See below:

"Clash of civilizations"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clash_of_civilizations
This is something I have believed for a long time.

Carrera said:
Maybe you should ask Lim how come he concluded that everywhere Jewish people go, they antagonise people.

If you're going to quote me, I am asking you again, to not misquote me.

What I said was that history shows that the Jews have managed to antagonise many people throughout history.

To illustrate the point : note Egypt, note Roman Empire, note Cruscades, note the Moors, note Soviets, note the Nazi's.

Carrera said:
Australia is now seeing some of the biggest ethnic riots for many many years. Everything I heard about the riots suggests extremist moslems were at the centre of the violence. No Jewish people involved there.
Couple that with France, Denmark and Belgium. Again, extremist moslems in the thick of things but no Jews.
Don't get me wrong here. I'm not trying to wind you guys up deliberately or be overly impolite. But the fact you guys (Colorado Rider included) keep getting on your high horses and preaching about how bad Jewish people are supposed to be, demands some sort of response.
I'm not Jewish myself but all of this seems to me to be double standards.
And I'll bet my bottom dollar if the right wing gangs now in Aussie land beating up Middle Eastern men were Jewish there would be no end of complaints about it.
Yes, Carrera's in a bad mood tonight. :mad:

Actually you're wrong - in the entirety of this post.

The riot in Australia is a weekend Mods and Rockers type issue.
It's youngsters using the religion as a pretext for getting their kicks in at weekends.

If Jewish youngsters were being attacked in Australia, I would be the first to try to defend them.

darkboong said:
**** off with your distractions, grow some balls. I'm talking to you Crappy, if I wanted to ask Lim that I would have asked him.

You still have to explain to us why you misquoted your sources in order to pin the blame on Middle Eastern Immigrants. You still haven't explained why you did that with the Paris riots either and that precedes Lim's (blatantly wrong) comment by a country mile..

he also never came back to me when I pointed out that he had lied when he said that 6 MUSLIMS were arrested and charged, over the killing of the WPC in Bradfor some weeks ago.

No MUSLIM had been charged when he posted that lie.
I queried him on this at the time and he never came back to me.

Carrera said:
Seems ironic that all the countries who have demonised Israeli Security forces (who have faced this kind of thing for decades) are now experiencing the same problem of youths in masks throwing stones. Here is a news report and update. Seems like France all over again: :(
"Witnesses told an Associated Press photographer that some youths involved in the attacks were Middle Eastern or Arabic in appearance and others wore ski masks.

Waffler - if they worse ski masks, then how can they be identified as being Middle Eastern?

Masks conceal.

With all due respect you are totally wrong. I don't know how this has played in the press overseas but it's certainly not to do with mods and rockers. I assure you race has everything to do with it. When a car load of youths of 'middle eastern appearance' ask an innocent person putting their garbage out at night if they are an Aussie or not and bashing them senseless when they answer 'yes', then most would think it is a racial problem.

Perhaps from a distance the reality of the situation has not been apparent.

limerickman said:
If you're going to quote me, I am asking you again, to not misquote me.

What I said was that history shows that the Jews have managed to antagonise many people throughout history.

To illustrate the point : note Egypt, note Roman Empire, note Cruscades, note the Moors, note Soviets, note the Nazi's.

Actually you're wrong - in the entirety of this post.

It's youngsters using the religion as a pretext for getting their kicks in at weekends.

If Jewish youngsters were being attacked in Australia, I would be the first to try to defend them.

I'm afraid your response is typical of the usual Question Time BBC audience who tend to be so politically correct, they refuse to look facts in the face.
I'm not suggesting in any way that these far-right Australian gangs are justified beating up immigrants simply because they have a Middle Eastern appearance.
What I am suggesting is there is obviously a problem in Australia which revolves around lack of integration - same as in France. It doesn't apply to all immigrants, just some of them. It's the "some of them" that should be shown the door.
I don't see why my view that all immigrants should accept the values of a host country seems so radical to you and Boogers. Myself, I've lived in several foreign countries for prolonged periods and I would never have taken the view rules should be altered on my account, or people should be bending over backwards to accommodate me.
I simply minded by own business and accepted any cultural differences I came across.
Torching cars, burning schools, churches and synagogues is totally unacceptable behaviour.

FredC said:
Wrong again as usual. It was a gang of whites who attacked two men on a train, when they thought that the train was full 'Mediterranian types'? in an unjustified attack. The Med types have responded in similar fashion, so it's only *** for tat.

darkboong said:
I notice that you didn't bother to register your outrage when the initial violence against the Muslim communities occurred. In fact you only bothered to comment when the backlash happened, and your contribution was to claim Middle Eastern immigrants started it... The identity of those particular and origin of those lifeguard attackers has not yet been determined, and YET AGAIN you pin the blame on Middle Eastern Immigrants...
Umm yes it has, two men of "Middle Eastern appearance" were charged over the lifeguards' bashings.

Scotty

limerickman said:
How did the Jews antagonize the Nazi's? Did they not jump in the ovens fast enough?
How did the Jews antagonize the Egyptians? Were they not good enough slaves?

Lim has expressed this view before. I sometimes wonder whether Lim is somehow isolated from the media and news as a whole. :confused:
Where are all these Jewish people who are antagonising people?
I wonder how Lim feels about the Catholic Churches that have been torched by Middle Eastern gangs in Australia. No Jews were involved. Then you have the Madrid train bombing. That was carried out by extremist moslems. Again no Jews involved. The 9/11 terrorists were all of Middle Eastern origin but not Jewish and the same goes for the London bombers.
The riots in France were carried out by extremist moslem gangs of African origin. No Jews were involved.
So, what is the answer? Firstly, the only reason there is resentment against Jews is due to religion since the two main world religions originate from Judaism. Secondly, all the ethnic tensions in Europe and now Asia are being caused by extreme Islam.
In some ways, it's amusing to see all these Europeans voice anti-semitic sentiment while the Jews quietly return to their homeland and leave countries such as France to their fate of blazing cars and ethnic riots.

mocka58 said:
With all due respect you are totally wrong. I don't know how this has played in the press overseas but it's certainly not to do with mods and rockers. I assure you race has everything to do with it. When a car load of youths of 'middle eastern appearance' ask an innocent person putting their garbage out at night if they are an Aussie or not and bashing them senseless when they answer 'yes', then most would think it is a racial problem.

By the way, your login is almost the same as "Mockva" - Russian for Moscow.

mocka58 said:

limerickman said:
Lim I'm a bit young to remember the rods and mockers, but I'm pretty sure they didn't have the imams at the Lakemba Mosque firing them up with anti-west rhetoric every weekend.
Trust me on this one, it has gone far beyond that.

Carrera said:
Lim has expressed this view before. I sometimes wonder whether Lim is somehow isolated from the media and news as a whole. :confused:
Where are all these Jewish people who are antagonising people?
I wonder how Lim feels about the Catholic Churches that have been torched by Middle Eastern gangs in Australia. No Jews were involved. Then you have the Madrid train bombing. That was carried out by extremist moslems. Again no Jews involved. The 9/11 terrorists were all of Middle Eastern origin but not Jewish and the same goes for the London bombers.
The riots in France were carried out by extremist moslem gangs of African origin. No Jews were involved.
So, what is the answer? Firstly, the only reason there is resentment against Jews is due to religion since the two main world religions originate from Judaism. Secondly, all the ethnic tensions in Europe and now Asia are being caused by extreme Islam.
In some ways, it's amusing to see all these Europeans voice anti-semitic sentiment while the Jews quietly return to their homeland and leave countries such as France to their fate of blazing cars and ethnic riots.
One must look at the reasons why they migrate to europe. They don't go because they get an invitation in the mail/post. They go because the regimes. monarchies & theocracies they leave are repressive & totalitarian. They don't go because they think the europeans will be waiting for them w/ open arms. I still believe that they should leave thier ideological baggage behind and not attempt to foist it on thier host country. England could tighten up its, from what I hear from some european poster's here, "lavish" public assistance to aliens as my country, does to some degree also have/encourage. It might be better for them to remain in thier country and overthrow thier repressive totalitarian, theocratic, monarchies, instead of emigrating to europe, america, and australia and expecting to foist thier beliefs, traditions, and more's on an foriegn populace (us) :confused:

The funny thing is, I don't really blame the immigrants entirely. I'm not, in actual actual fact, the "heartless, intolerant swine" a lot of people imagine. :D
If I were running the show, immigrants from Arab countries would still be allowed to come and work here. I don't resent anyone over issues of race. I like black people. I admire Amir Khan the boxer who's as British as anyone.
Basically, the governments are to blame. Many of these people arrive looking for a better life and the message they get is, "Oh, well, er, maybe you guys had it right all the time. Maybe we should ban Santa Clause e.t.c."
So, then immigrants get very confused over what they're supposed to be doing.
If they fully understood the basic obligation to share views of tolerance and free-speech and accept other religious views, there wouldn't be a problem. I also accept the system works better in the U.S. where people are encouraged to just get on with things and adopt an inclusive American identity.

davidmc said:
One must look at the reasons why they migrate to europe. They don't go because they get an invitation in the mail/post. They go because the regimes. monarchies & theocracies they leave are repressive & totalitarian. They don't go because they think the europeans will be waiting for them w/ open arms. I still believe that they should leave thier ideological baggage behind and not attempt to foist it on thier host country. England could tighten up its, from what I hear from some european poster's here, "lavish" public assistance to aliens as my country does to some degree here. It might be better for them to remain in thier country and overthrow thier repressive totalitarian, theocratic, monarchies, instead of emigrating to europe, america, and australia and expecting to foist thier beliefs, traditions, and more's on an foriegn populace (us) :confused:

Carrera said:
The funny thing is, I don't really blame the immigrants entirely. I'm not, in actual actual fact, the "heartless, intolerant swine" a lot of people imagine. :D
If I were running the show, immigrants from Arab countries would still be allowed to come and work here. I don't resent anyone over issues of race. I like black people. I admire Amir Khan the boxer who's as British as anyone.
Basically, the governments are to blame. Many of these people arrive looking for a better life and the message they get is, "Oh, well, er, maybe you guys had it right all the time. Maybe we should ban Santa Clause e.t.c."
So, then immigrants get very confused over what they're supposed to be doing.
If they fully understood the basic obligation to share views of tolerance and free-speech and accept other religious views, there wouldn't be a problem. I also accept the system works better in the U.S. where people are encouraged to just get on with things and adopt an inclusive American identity.
MY wife claims she has never head any anti Westen speach( in the sense that most of us are refering to )from any friend or in the mosque. The anti western language that she has heard over the years is in reference to the moral values of the West. Children out of wedlock, open views to sex etc.. The enviroment that she grew up in doesnt let daughters date, and still aranges marriages. This would lead me to believe that its a small minority of moslems causing the problem. She also believes that Moslems should not be moving to the west and holding to traditional Moslem lifestyles....burkas etc..... Her views not mine DB. " I " find it odd that its the lefties that come to the defense of the Moslems, who shun liberal ideals . The same liberals despise the Christian right for holding similar views.. Just a thought.

limerickman said:
What I said was that history shows that the Jews have managed to antagonise many people throughout history.ere being attacked in Australia, I would be the first to try to defend them.

gee. they are jackasses aren't they? a group that managed to antagonize americans back in the day were africans. if they hadn't done that, maybe we wouldn't have enslaved, shipped, and sold them. apparently they didn't learn anything from the jews and egytians. :rolleyes:

Wurm said:
I can't wait until people start carping about how 'murkins are getting their asses kicked via mob rule here in the U.S. and abroad.

wth is a murkin?

Billsworld said:
" I " find it odd that its the lefties that come to the defense of the Moslems, who shun liberal ideals . The same liberals despise the Christian right for holding similar views.. Just a thought.
My daughter went to a high school that was proud of its fairness, equity etc etc. They had a no-harrassment policy, an anti-discrimination policy etc etc. There was an area set aside for Moslem kids if they wanted to pray (as there should be). In her first year there she made the mistake of mentioning in class that she was a practising christian. This resulted her being made fun of, harrassed, etc etc, with her teacher (yes a lefty) being one of the chief offenders. (BTW I am not a born-again and consider myself to be left-leaning)
Religious and cultural tolerance should be for everyone, not just those whose background is exotic and quaint enough to endear themselves to the trendies.

Billsworld said:
MY wife claims she has never head any anti Westen speach( in the sense that most of us are refering to )from any friend or in the mosque. The anti western language that she has heard over the years is in reference to the moral values of the West. Children out of wedlock, open views to sex etc.. The enviroment that she grew up in doesnt let daughters date, and still aranges marriages. This would lead me to believe that its a small minority of moslems causing the problem. She also believes that Moslems should not be moving to the west and holding to traditional Moslem lifestyles....burkas etc..... Her views not mine DB.

For the record that's pretty much what I've seen, heard and my views pretty much chime with your wife's.

Billsworld said:
" I " find it odd that its the lefties that come to the defense of the Moslems, who shun liberal ideals . The same liberals despise the Christian right for holding similar views.. Just a thought.

That's because you aren't thinking straight. Liberals like people to have the right and the choice to be uptight ****tards if they so wish. For the record I am an anarchist, not a "leftie". I know for a fact that just about every faith and government that I have come across *hates* my ideals. :)