Did You Ride Today?

No ride, I took off yesterday and finished putting the new outboard on the back of the boat. My a** is whipped but just a couple more things to do and I will probably launch it today. I can get back to a regular training schedule with this project completed.

How many HP? What size pontoon is that? 24'?

I just finished walking a fence line. Replaced two posts, repaired two sections of barbed wire snapped by trees that went down this Winter. Chain saw to cut trees up. Now headed out to train.

I train for life. It's the only thing that's kept me fit enough to do the chores at my very advanced age! LOL!

Sneezing, watery eyes, allergies... Today was feeling like a stay in bed day, but I decided to go riding anyways. Rode with the bike club for the first time in 6 months. I felt fine on the ride and my legs felt good. It has been so long that I hardly remembered the course. I played chase the pack for 40 miles, was not ready to mix it up on the downhills as rusty as I am. I never did lose them though and finished with them. It cant be the norm, but ill gladly stay 15 feet behind until I get comfortable in groups again.

1 minor accident between 2 riders. One guy had minor scrapes and a bent derailleur. 2 riders bumped each other due to gravel.

40 miles/18mph/2000 ft( ranged between 1700-2600 strava vs garmin?).

Ha! Club ride didn't work. Rushed like crazy getting stuff done to get there, i was on time, and they were already gone. Looks like there are still on winter indoor trainer schedule, and never changed the internet.

So I thought I would do a repeat 22, but take it slow because I felt it from yesterday. Didn't take but 2 miles when I realized I don't have it yet. Did 14 mi, but it was slow, legs gone, and then slept like the dead and has taken 4 hrs to get right. Visiting daughter in flat Jersey, planning a nice ride through the pine lands while the ladies do their thing.

Went out with the TT bike for 35 miles, and a stop at a small husband and wife bike shop. I haven't been there in several years and it was great to see Bruce and Mary. The temp was in the upper 50's with a blustery wind that had some good gusts.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amn251T-iho

44 miles at 16.8 average. Another windy day. Had a chance to ride alone so I figured I would do my thing. Then Bad Bob saw me and turned around to join me for a while. He asked me to hold up so he could catch up. So we rode and chatted for about 5 miles into the wind. That's tough! :mad: With the wind today, not a bad average. Then on the way back I was rolling. One of those strange winds, cross wind I guess. I could see the leaves blowing with me in my direction but wow, sure felt like a headwind. Ran into Mark halfway back. He asked me to stop for a chat. I did then after 15 minutes or so, I got back on for the last 7 miles or so and man my legs had cooled down and were stiff. Took a bit to get rolling again. o_O

Bikinis are coming!
hapydance.gif
Nice day but not hot enough for the "BIKINIS"! So here is a little teaser of what's to come this Summer.
tongue.png

DSCN4335.JPG

Reactions: rm57
How many HP? What size pontoon is that? 24'?

I just finished walking a fence line. Replaced two posts, repaired two sections of barbed wire snapped by trees that went down this Winter. Chain saw to cut trees up. Now headed out to train.

I train for life. It's the only thing that's kept me fit enough to do the chores at my very advanced age! LOL!

Yes a 24 and a new 115 hp 4 stroke Yamaha. It is in baby ,but I have to adjust the throttle cables. Just too tired to do it now.

41 miles under a very cloudy sky. It was 72 degrees and very windy. 1800' of climbing, but again it was the wind that hurt at 10 to 15 MPH steady with gusts just over 20 MPH.

20 miles from the truck I felt the first drops of rain. The sky behind me was turning darker blue by the minute. Got back just as the first real rain started. It rained for an hour, light to moderate, then the sun came out.

Just time for a quick 12 mile sprint with a little under 500' of climbing.

It was 72 degrees and there was light rain on some parts of the course. Worse, the wind was howling at 20-22 MPH with gusts to 35 MPH!

Happy Easter everyone!

Change up in terrain today. Easter trip and of course I made sure we got there early and brought along the bike. I'm bushed from 2 days in a row at start of season but got to do it. It's all about getting some early miles in so I can get to 2K this year. I plotted a 24 mi loop through Jersey Pine Barrens (Wharton St Forest). Took off cruising at 20-22mph and thinking I'm speed maven and will do it in >20. Fat Chance! Didn't realize I had the wind at my back and about 8 miles in when I turned the tables turned. Couldn't believe I was slogging along at 13mph in the flat. Well, it was all flat, which is something I am very unaccustomed to. At 12 miles with combo of tired legs, 84F and blasting wind I would've jumped on the sag wagon. Finished at 16.6mph which I was able to hold for my 100 last year or which I can maintain in mid season on 80ft/mi routes mid season. I'll take a rematch next visit in a few months.

As I expected, these allergies knocked me out on what otherwise would have been a perfect metric day. I never sleep in the afternoon, but have slept about 6 hours between 9-5 today, damn....

Did the 18.3 mile loop today /18.6 mph/800+- ft..

Went out for 40 miles after Easter service to my daughters house for dinner. 76 degrees and I feel your pain with the wind CAMYBOB because I had the same fun to play in as you . My route to my daughter has plenty of climbing and it was all I could do to average 17 mph for the ride.

Out to Boston tomorrow for the marathon, cycling around the city and catching some of the race.

41 miles with Gina today (15.8 average, not bad with the wind). Nice just the two of us! Gina could move around, in and out of my draft as she pleased which made it easy for her to conserve energy on the ride. At one point it got very windy as we approached the coast. She offered to take the front for a while to give me a break. No thanks! I wanted her to conserve her energy for the later miles. That was cool though. Even the guys we ride with hide at the back and do whatever they can to avoid taking a turn at the front, bunch of wussies! ;)
So Gina did very well and even rolled by me effortlessly a few times. That was good though as it allowed her to complete the ride without any setbacks. I think it was more not having to worry about other riders and moving around as needed.

Just the two of us!

DSCN4345.JPG

Not your average seagull! :D

DSCN4364.JPG

I told you Summer is coming!

DSCN4365.JPG

Tried to get an Ultegra label shot and got it. OK not really, luck!

DSCN4371.JPG

Gina dropping me again!:mad:

DSCN4374.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN4356.JPG
    DSCN4356.JPG
    298.7 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: rm57 and zipp2001
Never saw his number, he must of been hiding somewhere in the 30,000 runners. The city is so crazy on Marathon Monday with so many runners and spectators. Then you have the Red Sox starting at 11:05 am, and the Bruins have a playoff game tonight so there's a buzz all around. The streets are pretty clear and tons of roads are blocked off for blocks so it's easier to get around. I ended with 36 miles and had a blast as usual on Marathon Monday
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3v6V29juL0

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Nice day for you, Zipp! Believe it or not, I remember your Marathon vid from last year.

65 degrees here in Ohio and sunny with the wind going 6 to 14 MPH. A beautiful day! I got out for 27 miles this afternoon with 1230' of climbing.

I received an email this morning from a friend that was hitting the road at 8 AM up in Wisconsin. He just retired.

On the outbound leg of my course I heard the guy I toured through Europe with back in 1975 yell at me from his 2nd story balcony and I swung around to BS with him for a minute. He had ridden at 10:30 this morning. Yup...retired last June!